NH Ammo and Gun Ban Public Hearing Feburary 13th at 1PM!

Yes I am being a bit hyperbolic with the headline. I got your attention didn't I though?

Good. Because I need you to show up to the NH statehouse on Wednesday February 13th at 1PM and 2:30PM to testify on both bills, HB 109 (Establishing a firearms transaction registry by banning private sales) and HB 514 (9 day waiting period on firearms and ammo, effectively banning ammo sales).

The hearings are scheduled to be in the Legislative Office Building rooms 210-211 but it is possible they will get moved to reps hall as most gun bills get moved to reps hall due to turnout.

By the way you can email all reps at "hreps @nhleg.com", just delete the space and quotes. It was created because the speaker disabled the public email list for all reps.

Dems have filed a 9 (plus) day waiting period to purchase ammo and firearms from a dealer.

Things this bill would do:

Make all classes held by a dealer or manufacturer (Sig Sauer for instance) illegal unless they comply with the 9 day waiting period for ammo and firearms.

Manchester Firing Line would become a banned business (effectively).

The Hunter Safety class exemption only applies to rifles and shotguns. Want to buy a box of ammo? Too bad. Wait 9 days.

Police want to buy ammo? Too bad, wait 9 days.

Possess a Curio and Relic license and want to sell or give away some ammo? Too bad, you have to wait 9 days to sell it.

Businesses would be required to give up their records to the police on demand with no probable cause. People holding C&R's would be subject to this same 4th, 5th and new NH privacy amendment, article 2-b, violating demand as well.

https://www.gencourtmobile.com/Bill/Text/2019/HB514

159-E:1 Purchase and Delivery of a Firearm or Ammunition.

I. No licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector shall transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver a firearm or ammunition to any person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector until a waiting period of 7 days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, has expired. "Licensed importer," "licensed manufacturer," "licensed dealer," "licensed collector," "firearm," and "ammunition" shall have the same meaning as in 18 U.S.C. section 921.

II. A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector shall make available records of firearm and ammunition sales for inspection by any state, county, or municipal law enforcement agency, during normal business hours.

III. The waiting period shall not apply in the following circumstances:

(a) To the trade-in of a firearm to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector.

(b) To the purchase of a rifle or shotgun, upon a person's successfully completing a minimum of a 16-hour hunter safety course offered by the department of fish and game. A person who is exempt from the hunter safety course offered by the fish and game department and holds a valid New Hampshire hunting license shall be exempt from the waiting period under this section for the purchase of a rifle or shotgun.

(c) When a rifle or shotgun is being purchased by a state, county, or municipal law enforcement officer, state or county correctional officer, or an active duty member of the armed forces as defined in RSA 21:50, III.

159-E:2 Penalty. Any person who violates any provision of this chapter shall be guilty of a class B felony.

2 Effective Date. This act shall take effect January 1, 2020.

Last edited:
Here is the text for HB109, the firearms transaction registry.

https://www.gencourtmobile.com/2019/HB109

159-E:1 Definitions. As used in this chapter:

I. “Commercial sale” means a sale, transfer, or exchange of a firearm that takes place at, or on the curtilage of, a firearm or "gun" show or pursuant to an offer to sell, buy, transfer, or exchange a firearm that took place at a gun show, or pursuant to an advertisement, posting, listing, or display.

II. “Firearm” means any weapon or device designed to be used as a weapon, which will, is designed to, or may be readily converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive, explosion, or other means of combustion, or the frame or receiver of such a device, provided the term “firearm” shall not include the term “antique firearm” as defined in 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(16), or a weapon that has been rendered permanently inoperable and is incapable of being readily restored to a firing condition.

III. “Individual” means a natural person.

IV. “Law enforcement” means any person employed by the United States, or a state, county, city, or town, or other political subdivision as a police officer, peace officer, or another position involving the enforcement of the law and protection of the public interest.

V. “Licensed firearms dealer,” “licensed dealer,” or “dealer” means a person who has a valid federal firearms dealer license under 18 U.S.C. section 923(a), and all additional licenses required by state or local law to engage in the business of selling or transferring firearms.

VI. “Person” means any corporation, company, association, firm, partnership, club, organization, society, joint stock company or other entity, and shall include any entity that engages in business in this state, in whole or part, through Internet or mail order sales.

VII. “Prohibited person” means any individual or person who is prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm pursuant to 18 U.S.C. section 922(d) or pursuant to state law.

159-E:2 Firearms Sales to be Conducted Through a Licensed Dealer.

I. No individual or person shall engage in the commercial sale of a firearm unless:

(a) The individual or person is a licensed firearms dealer;

(b) The purchaser is a licensed firearms dealer; or

(c) The requirements of paragraph II are met.

II. If neither party to a prospective firearms transaction is a licensed firearms dealer, the parties to the transaction shall complete the commercial sale through a licensed firearms dealer as follows:

(a) The seller shall deliver the firearm to the dealer, who shall process the sale as if he or she were the seller, except that the seller may remove the firearm from the business premises of the licensed dealer while the background check is being conducted. If the seller removes the firearm from the business premises of the licensed dealer while the background check is being conducted, the purchaser and the seller shall return to the business premises of the licensed dealer, and the seller shall again deliver the firearm to the licensed dealer prior to completing the sale.

(b) Except as provided in subparagraph (a), the dealer shall comply with all requirements of federal, state, and local law that would apply if the licensed dealer were selling the firearm from his or her inventory to the purchaser, including but not limited to, conducting a background check on the prospective purchaser, which shall include a check of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), and compliance with all federal, state, and local recordkeeping requirements.

(c) If the transaction is not prohibited, the dealer shall deliver the firearm to the buyer after all legal requirements are met.

(d) If the dealer cannot legally deliver the firearm to the buyer, the dealer shall return the firearm to the seller without requiring a background check and the transfer to the buyer shall not take place.

(e) The dealer may impose on the purchaser a reasonable fee to cover administrative costs incurred by the dealer for facilitating the transfer of the firearm, plus any applicable fees permitted under state or federal law.

159-E:3 Exception. This chapter shall not apply to a noncommercial, private sale, transfer, or exchange of a firearm between individuals, provided neither party to the transaction is a prohibited person. If the status of either party’s eligibility to own or possess a firearm cannot be ascertained, the transaction shall be completed through a licensed firearm dealer pursuant to RSA 159-E:2, II.

159-E:4 Penalties.

I. Any individual or person who violates any provision of this chapter shall be guilty of a class B misdemeanor for a first offense, and a class A misdemeanor for a second or subsequent offense.

II. The local law enforcement agency shall report all violations of this chapter by a licensed firearms dealer to the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

159-E:5 Other Laws.

I. Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to modify or change the duties of the department of safety pursuant to RSA 159-D.

II. Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to require or authorize any state, county, or local law enforcement agency to establish or maintain a registry of firearms sold or transferred in accordance with this chapter.

3 Applicability. The provisions of section 2 of this act shall apply to the sale of a firearm on or after the effective date of this act and shall not apply to sales completed prior to the effective date of this act.

4 Effective Date. This act shall take effect January 1, 2020.

No way this sees the light of day. The bill writer obviously failed the Bloomberg gun control seminar. Small bites. Baby steps. Go for the knees not the neck. Thank you for bringing it to our attention but don't wear out that war horn too soon I fear we may need it...

Wtf is going on New Hampshire?

Influx of people moving in from MA ?

Just Massachusetts in general is what's wrong with NH ?

Massachusetts is a border state ?

Either way,good luck up there and dont abandon the state and think NC,SC,FL etc are going to be any different. Eventually the cancer will spread to so-called gun friendly states.

Last edited:
Yes I am being a bit hyperbolic with the headline. I got your attention didn't I though?

Good. Because I need you to show up to the NH statehouse on Wednesday February 13th at 1PM and 2:30PM to testify on both bills, HB 109 (Establishing a firearms transaction registry by banning private sales) and HB 514 (9 day waiting period on firearms and ammo, effectively banning ammo sales).

The hearings are scheduled to be in the Legislative Office Building rooms 210-211 but it is possible they will get moved to reps hall as most gun bills get moved to reps hall due to turnout.

Dems have filed a 9 (plus) day waiting period to purchase ammo and firearms from a dealer.

Things this bill would do:

Make all classes held by a dealer or manufacturer (Sig Sauer for instance) illegal unless they comply with the 9 day waiting period for ammo and firearms.

Manchester Firing Line would become a banned business (effectively).

The Hunter Safety class exemption only applies to rifles and shotguns. Want to buy a box of ammo? Too bad. Wait 9 days.

Police want to buy ammo? Too bad, wait 9 days.

Possess a Curio and Relic license and want to sell or give away some ammo? Too bad, you have to wait 9 days to sell it.

Businesses would be required to give up their records to the police on demand with no probable cause. People holding C&R's would be subject to this same 4th, 5th and new NH privacy amendment, article 2-b, violating demand as well.

https://www.gencourtmobile.com/Bill/Text/2019/HB514
Police want to buy ammo? Too bad, wait 9 days. Never happen, they'll allow exemptions. They always do for our overlords.

Influx of people moving in from MA ?

Just Massachusetts in general is what's wrong with NH ?

Massachusetts is a border state ?

Either way,good luck up there and dont abandon the state and think NC,SC,FL etc are going to be any different. Eventually the cancer will spread to so-called gun friendly states.

Im in MA but time for them to build a wall and only let 2a voters in heh.

Are you all figuring it out,?Democrats are akin to (pick what ever evil folks you want. Nazis, commies, deluded libertarians). You cannot stand with them. The time is coming. you as a member need to start counting your friends.

And once the enemy is identified they get cut out completely regardless of who they are. No exceptions.

No way this sees the light of day. The bill writer obviously failed the Bloomberg gun control seminar. Small bites. Baby steps. Go for the knees not the neck. Thank you for bringing it to our attention but don't wear out that war horn too soon I fear we may need it...

Actually, this years anti-gun dem reps are working overtime to pass something.

We need everyone to show up. In fact, take the day off and be there at 8am and start talking to the reps one on one. Make sure that they know we are watching what they do.

I hope you all show up there.
I don't think you can resist these laws.
The democrats were elected while saying they would eliminate the 2a in NH.
They have completely taken over the state.
They can do whatever they want now.

Your only option is to not comply.

I predict there will be more people moving back to Massachusetts after tyranny takes over.

Massachusetts subjects don't have to comply either so there is no advantage.

Your only hope is if some jurisdictions decide publicly not to enforce gun laws.

They will be called Gun Zones.

On top of the obvious, this will effectively put both Granite State and Manchester Firing Line out of business.

I moved out of MA because of this kind of BS, and now they want o ruin my new home.

these are relentless faggots, they will keep filing this shit forever.

Instead of bailing the water, you should plug the hole first, i.e get them out.

Key points, in my opinion, after actually reading the two bills;
HB109
“Commercial sale” means a sale, transfer, or exchange of a firearm that takes place at, or on the curtilage of, a firearm or "gun" show or pursuant to an offer to sell, buy, transfer, or exchange a firearm that took place at a gun show, or pursuant to an advertisement, posting, listing, or display.

This is important. If you list a gun on NES, or anywhere else, it becomes a "Commercial sale". Put a sign up on a club bulletin board, or hang a for sale sign on it, and it's a "Commercial sale".

So this bill ends private sales without even saying so.

HB109
159-E:3 Exception. This chapter shall not apply to a noncommercial, private sale, transfer, or exchange of a firearm between individuals, provided neither party to the transaction is a prohibited person. If the status of either party’s eligibility to own or possess a firearm cannot be ascertained, the transaction shall be completed through a licensed firearm dealer pursuant to RSA 159-E:2, II.
Again, ends private sales without saying so. How can you find out for certain (ascertained - Google Search) without a background check.

HB514
(c) When a rifle or shotgun is being purchased by a state, county, or municipal law enforcement officer, state or county correctional officer, or an active duty member of the armed forces as defined in RSA 21:50, III.

And of course, the LE exception....interesting that there is no exception for LE purchasing a handgun, I'm sure they will fix that.

Actually, this years anti-gun dem reps are working overtime to pass something.

I understand that. I just don't think this is it. This utterly absurd first in the nation truly without cause fantasy anti 2a law does not stand a chance in hell. I'd even go as far as to say this would not get traction in MA.

What needs to be fought is that ERPO bullshit. And that as we all know is going to be a tough one.

What you all do keeping us informed about all things 2A cannot be appreciated enough. Thank you ten times over for that.

My opinion is this is a go nowhere dreaming liberal bill that would have a hard time passing in CA let alone anywhere in New England...

Key points, in my opinion, after actually reading the two bills;

This is important. If you list a gun on NES, or anywhere else, it becomes a "Commercial sale". Put a sign up on a club bulletin board, or hang a for sale sign on it, and it's a "Commercial sale".

So this bill ends private sales without even saying so.

Again, ends private sales without saying so. How can you find out for certain (ascertained - Google Search) without a background check.

And of course, the LE exception....interesting that there is no exception for LE purchasing a handgun, I'm sure they will fix that.

Don't forget that HB514 applies to ammo as well. You have to wait 9 days to buy ammo under this bill.

I understand that. I just don't think this is it. This utterly absurd first in the nation truly without cause fantasy anti 2a law does not stand a chance in hell. I'd even go as far as to say this would not get traction in MA.

What needs to be fought is that ERPO bullshit. And that as we all know is going to be a tough one.

What you all do keeping us informed about all things 2A cannot be appreciated enough. Thank you ten times over for that.

My opinion is this is a go nowhere dreaming liberal bill that would have a hard time passing in CA let alone anywhere in New England...
"it can't happen here" that's what they said in VT....until it did. Fight it like it can happen or it will.

Other than threatening to take tourism and incidental border sales due to being so close away, what can we from the surrounding states do to help?

Back
Top Bottom