NH bill takes secessionist tone over gun laws

I suffered through the report, here is the link for the bill in Concord. I'm going to read it a few times and see if I can understand it. Legalese isn't my first or second language.

I'd click on that link if it wasn't that Ridley guy. Can you give me a synopsis? Is this for real, or is it a Ridley phantasm?

At first I was going to tell you to screw and stay in the dark if you don't want to watch a brief Ridley clip. I mean why ask if you don't watch and make your own conclusion?

However I think it's important enough to get the word out. Here is a link to the full text of this bill.
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2009/HCR0006.html

Partial text.
That any Act by the Congress of the United States, Executive Order of the President of the United States of America or Judicial Order by the Judicatories of the United States of America which assumes a power not delegated to the government of United States of America by the Constitution for the United States of America and which serves to diminish the liberty of the any of the several States or their citizens shall constitute a nullification of the Constitution for the United States of America by the government of the United States of America. Acts which would cause such a nullification include, but are not limited to:

I. Establishing martial law or a state of emergency within one of the States comprising the United States of America without the consent of the legislature of that State.

II. Requiring involuntary servitude, or governmental service other than a draft during a declared war, or pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

III. Requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service of persons under the age of 18 other than pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

IV. Surrendering any power delegated or not delegated to any corporation or foreign government.

V. Any act regarding religion; further limitations on freedom of political speech; or further limitations on freedom of the press.

VI. Further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition; and

That should any such act of Congress become law or Executive Order or Judicial Order be put into force, all powers previously delegated to the United States of America by the Constitution for the United States shall revert to the several States individually. Any future government of the United States of America shall require ratification of three quarters of the States seeking to form a government of the United States of America and shall not be binding upon any State not seeking to form such a government; and

That copies of this resolution be transmitted by the house clerk to the President of the United States, each member of the United States Congress, and the presiding officers of each State’s legislature.

At first I was going to tell you to screw and stay in the dark if you don't want to watch a brief Ridley clip. I mean why ask if you don't watch and make your own conclusion?

If the evening news were delivered by Rosanne Barr, and if that were the only source of information, then I would be poorly informed. Ridley is a drip. Drip ... drip .... drip ... Like water torture watching that boob.

Sorry I offended you. Thanks for posting the details.

Since you're LEO in MA I'd bet the feeling is mutual. For the record I'm not a member of the Free State Project.
Well, I'm not an LEO in MA, and I can't stomach the guy either--or his band of well-intentioned nuts.

Thanks for the synopsis. Not that the bill would have any more meaning than those town-council resolutions declaring open cities for deserters or condemning the war...

Last edited:
avoiding this thread going down a rathole of a pissing contest about Ridley, I can only hope the word gets out on this Bill, despite the mainstream media suppression, and that the NH legislators have the gumption to pass it.

I'd like to know who sponsered this bill and send them a personal thank you.

According to the NH state constitution we have the power to back this up if need be:
[Art.] 10. [Right of Revolution.] Government being instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security, of the whole community, and not for the private interest or emolument of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, whenever the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the people may, and of right ought to reform the old, or establish a new government. The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

Bring it on ! [mg]
Oh God I love this state !

Since you're LEO in MA I'd bet the feeling is mutual. For the record I'm not a member of the Free State Project.

Also not a free stater here, and I disagree with some of their positions, and personal conduct, but there are some areas where I agree with them.

There is something to be said for keeping the freedoms we have, getting back the rights that have been taken away from us, and being Pro2A.
That's where I have some common ground with them, and I support their right to express their opinions in a non violent manner.

As much as Ridley seems to be often times a prick, there's not a damned thing to object to in that law.

Hurray for the legislature of NH f it adopts that law!

Actually Ridley is a pretty reasonable guy IMHO, you have to take his reports with a grain of salt, as I think the brand of humor he uses in his reports is an acquired taste.

As much as Ridley seems to be often times a prick, there's not a damned thing to object to in that law.

Hurray for the legislature of NH f it adopts that law!

Very true. It took some gumption just to put that down on paper.

Let it be said, again: "As an advocate of reason, egoism and capitalism, I seek to reach the men of the intellect-wherever such may still be found." -Any Rand

They may be found ... in New Hampshire.

Here ya go....

SPONSORS: Rep. Itse, Rock 9; Rep. Ingbretson, Graf 5; Rep. Comerford, Rock 9; Sen. Denley, Dist 3

Thanks and a Tip O'the Stetson™
yo.gif

Kudo's going out tomorrow. [smile]

Actually Ridley is a pretty reasonable guy IMHO, you have to take his reports with a grain of salt, as I think the brand of humor he uses in his reports is an acquired taste.

Oh.. That's humor? My bad. I thought it was a personality defect. He reminds me of the guy we all knew in college who was an OK guy ... but really embarrassed you around girls. Seriously, it's hard to pass that kind of video on to people ... just makes you look ... douchebaggish.

(sorry Ridley ... but you are seriously goofy)

As much as I'd like to see this bill passed, I won't be holding my breath. I had the pleasure of meeting Dan Itse, the bill's sponsor, at a local campaign event. He's as solid a pro-liberty individual as you'll ever meet.

As for all the Dave Ridley bashing based on his YouTube videos, it sounds a lot like people saying they dislike an actor based on a character he played in a movie. I wonder how many of you, if any, have ever met him.

Ridley's goofy video style is his schtick. You need to get past the style and look at the substance. Granted, given the number of videos he posts, there are going to be some that fall on the stupid side of the fence, but when he's on, he's on.

Massachusetts sure as hell could use someone like him to bring a video camera into the State House on a regular basis to stir up the pot a bit.

As much as I'd like to see this bill passed, I won't be holding my breath. I had the pleasure of meeting Dan Itse, the bill's sponsor, at a local campaign event. He's as solid a pro-liberty individual as you'll ever meet.

As for all the Dave Ridley bashing based on his YouTube videos, it sounds a lot like people saying they dislike an actor based on a character he played in a movie. I wonder how many of you, if any, have ever met him.

Ridley's goofy video style is his schtick. You need to get past the style and look at the substance. Granted, given the number of videos he posts, there are going to be some that fall on the stupid side of the fence, but when he's on, he's on.

Massachusetts sure as hell could use someone like him to bring a video camera into the State House on a regular basis to stir up the pot a bit.

+1 to everything.

When it comes to Ridley I just wish there were more people like him, goofy maybe but at least he gives a damn enough to get out there and do something. Too many of us just sit around and play armchair quarterback.

It's EASY to modify this proposed resolution and get it introduced in the House here in MA. I've already modified the text and will submit it to my local Rep and Senator for submission. Under MGL they must file it. [grin]

I'd like to know who sponsered this bill and send them a personal thank you.

According to the NH state constitution we have the power to back this up if need be:
[Art.] 10. [Right of Revolution.] Government being instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security, of the whole community, and not for the private interest or emolument of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, whenever the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the people may, and of right ought to reform the old, or establish a new government. The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

Bring it on ! [mg]
Oh God I love this state !

Thats.Just.Awesome.

EXACTLY!!!!! The next train leaves at..................
As you can see, we don't need him or his "party" here in NH. Our reps do well by us anyway.

Our reps do well by us anyway.

Do they?

Our stage budget got blown up by an unprecedented 17% as soon as the Democrats took control of the legislature.

The Democrats celebrated their first FIVE MONTHS in power by passing or proposing:

Statewide smoking ban in bars and restaurants.
Criminalizing the use of cell phones while driving.
Banning trans fats
Candy taxation (and licensure to sell)
Discretionary issuance of state pistol licenses
Massive expansion of NH Healthy Kids program to cover "young adults who are less than 26 years of age."
Mandatory seat belt law

I guess our definitions of "well" vary slightly.

If our reps were "doing well by us", this shit would never see the light of day.

Back
Top Bottom