• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Bill Would Block Enforcement of Federal Gun Laws

New Hampshire Rep. Lenette Peterson and five co-sponsors have introduced House Bill 1362 (HB1362) that would block all state enforcement of federal firearms laws.The bill would prohibit state assistance in “enforcement of any federal law which bans certain firearms or limits firearm magazine size” and establishes a criminal penalty for such enforcement.
If passed, the bill would bar state agents from enforcing federal gun laws on firearms made and remaining within the state.
No public servant, as defined in RSA 640:2, II(a), selling any firearm in this state shall enforce or attempt to enforce any statute, rule, regulation, or order of the United States government relating to a personal firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in this state and that remains exclusively within the borders of this state

more: http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.co...enforcement-of-federal-gun-laws/#.UuGb2_Qo5ok

**********************************************************************************

I think nullification is a tool that every state should have in its toolbox to resist Federal overreach, and it seems to be gaining traction.

Contact your rep here: http://openstates.org/find_your_legislator/

I'm not moving to NH for another few months so I'll be getting in touch with the bill's sponsor in lieu of my actual rep.

That is good but we should take it one step further and apply it to all federal law. That is a bit unrealistic though. I would settle for a bill that explicitly says no state/public employee or official will enforce any federal law.

If the feds want to enforce federal law, they should do it themselves.

And yes, I know that this would quickly lead to people wanting to fight the feds and leaving the union. Now you know why I want it made into NH law.

Sadly, I don't see that passing either...

Back
Top Bottom