NH-HB1650....NH automobile registration proposed to be based on miles driven.....

While this isnt a gun bill per se, it is a terrible bill

Each of us already pay taxes to support miles driven in the form of fuel tax

Dems are seeking to tax you TWICE for miles driven.....once in fuel tax and a second time in your annual vehicle registration by including annual miles driven as part of formula to calculate how much it will cost to reregister your vehicle

Current formula is simple and equitable

Proposed is complex, prone to mistakes, will cost your town considerably more to manage/calculate and will require additional reporting/record keeping schemes because its based on mileage being recorded at annual inspections

In short its a double tax, will be costly to administer and create a hot mess.....likely requiring local municipalities and state to hire additional bureaucrats.

This bill should be ITL

Its being heard next week on Tues 01/21/2020 10:00 am LOB 201

HB1650 Docket

You can email the committee members testimony byusing the email address below.

Urge them to ITL HB1650

[email protected]

If they want to address the issue of electric cars not paying a road tax because they dont pay a FUEL tax then they should craft a bill that is limited to electric cars

the problem is electric cars are not paying road use taxes.

It would be hard for me to get the mileage from my car that has been in FL with NH plates for the last 4 years into the NH system, as I can't plug it into the inspection machine via the OBD2 port to have it read the mileage, and they would have to tweak the newly installed machines so the mileage is obtained from the ECM rather than entered manually as it is now...

BTW the new system sucks, we are having al sorts of problems with it... I worked at the shop thursday and friday this week... what a PITA

With increasing efficiency and more vehicles that don't use taxed road fuel, it's a problem we'll eventually have to tackle.

I flatly refuse to accept any Big Brother tracking, but that's the only way to tax the miles driven on NH highways. If it comes to that, I predict a surge in South Dakota or Montana LLC-registered vehicles. Bonus: no inspections!

Back
Top Bottom