• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH non resident permit?

Mine took about 2 weeks. One question though...does that mean I can buy MA legal goodies & ammo up there like I can in VT?

The NH nonres permit doesn't change that at all. All an NH nonres permit
does is allow you to carry a loaded and concealed handgun in the
state, and also allows you to have the same in a vehicle there.

You can buy ammo and rifles/shotguns in NH without having any kind of
NH permit. Many gun stores will ask to see your MA LTC or FID for these
purchases, though. I've never been "carded" for ammo up there except
at wal-marts.

-Mike

Or, you could just move here and pay $10 for your no-fingerprints, no-photo, one week turnaround pistol license. Not that you need it, of course, to buy any gun you want. We have driver's licenses for that.

Or simply open carry legally, in accordance with state law, as any American citizen should be allowed to do.

But I digress...

It's here [banana]. 35 days, mail box to mail box. Even with their slowdown they beat my MA resident LTC by a week[smile].

Yup, they will deny you.

See info posted in past 2 months on this subject. NH will only issue on an UNRESTRICTED LTC or CCW (from any state).

Sorry, the issue is being worked on in NH, but so far nobody can point out why the change in policy (no issue to restricted licensees) happened. Don't know why, but the current NH Public Safety Dept is unwilling to change the policy back until they figure out when/why/what happened.

So don't shred it yet, eventually it will be changed again, in compliance with NH RSAs.

I thought I read somewhere about NH accepting ANY state permit, not just your home state. Do you have any other non-resident permits? Can anyone corroborate this?

Back
Top Bottom