• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Novice Hunter Seeking Mentor

Infinite Jester

Navy Veteran
So as the title suggests, I'm seeking someone to learn from. All growing up my father was a deer hunter, but I never had much interest. Too busy being a teenager I guess. Now he's retired in Florida and doesn't hunt much anymore. I kind of missed that opportunity. Now that I'm in my 40's, and moved to NH last year, I'd like to learn to hunt. Thing is, I wouldn't know the first thing about it. I'm looking for someone who might be willing to mentor someone like myself this season. Sort of teach me the ins and outs of the whole process. If this sounds like something someone would be capable of, shoot me a message.

Thanks guys. Yeah, it seems like something you either learn as a kid, or you don't. Kind of kicking myself now.

Go join "The hunting beast" forum, do lots of reading of posts, be ready to be overwhelmed with the information and post any question you have.

I know it is mostly made up of hunters from more deer populated states but they are knocking down slobs on heavy pressured land every year. They are very cool to deal with and will answer any question thrown their way.

The most important part you find them talking about is scouting, scouting and more scouting also throw in a lot of wide direction and access points.

I just started 2 years ago and am not having a lot of success but any day in the woods is better than in the office. You may have better success since you can probably walk which means you can get into the thick and nasty stuff most people do not want to go into for the deer.

Just my two cents.

Thanks guys. Yeah, it seems like something you either learn as a kid, or you don't. Kind of kicking myself now.

You can still get yourself into it. I taught myself with no one in my immediate family being a hunter and 3 years later I'd say I'm skilled enough to have fun with it. Honestly I've been having fun since day one, not knowing much at all. Just read forum posts and watch a lot of youtube vids. Yeah you may show up to a pheasant stocked WMA with a climber strapped to your back and a bow in hand while 100 dudes in orange with dogs laugh their asses off at you but hey that's how you learn.

Back
Top Bottom