• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH: remaining 2019 Anti-Gun legislation.

Here is a brief summary of what bills are still alive and what need to be killed:

https://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/2019/03/action-alerts/anti-gun-bills-are-moving-help-needed-asap/

The following anti-gun bills are still alive and must be defeated:

HB109, sell a gun to a friend — go to jail, headed to the floor for a vote with an “Ought to Pass” motion, Date: TBD
HB514, Mandatory waiting periods before you can take your new gun home, Committee Executive session March 13
HB564, Allowing Local Criminal Safe Schools, Public Hearing March 26
HB655, The 2019 Rep. Butler, “Firing Range Closure Act”, Executive session was held on March 6, we are waiting for the result to be published
HB687, Gun confiscation, Executive session March 13
HB696, Elder care gun confiscation, Public Hearing, March 26
CACR4, Allowing Local gun bans, Executive session March 13
CACR8, Allowing Local gun bans, Executive session March 13
Click here for contact information for all State Representatives. They need to keep hearing from you; let them know that you are opposed to ALL of these bills..

Earlier this week, the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee conducted a public hearing on gun confiscation, HB 687. I want to thank all the gun owners who came to Concord to fight this significant infringement on our rights. There was a great turn out opposing this bill.

The committee will hold an executive session on March 13. Please do not delay, even if you attended the hearing you still need to contact the members of the Committee to express your opposition to HB 687, gun confiscation.

The House has already passed, HB 696, gun confiscation cleverly disguised as an “elder care” bill. However, HB 696 has been sent to the Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee for further review. We need to make sure the members of the Committee here us loud and clear, NOT ONE SINGLE WORD OF GUN CONTROL IS ACCEPTABLE.

go to the link for the balance of the alert.

ICYMI: See the veto pen thread.
NH: Red veto pens
NHFC is willing to supply veto pens, do you think NES members want to get involved with this idea?

Last edited:
So far we have killed, or tabled several bills. [Or by the end of next week, I expect that these 3 will be dead for the year]
CACR4 and 8 will both be ITLd
HB101 was left on the table and will likely be dead by next week

Two bills were retained.
HB655 and HB687

That leaves the last few to dispose of. We need to double down on these last few to make sure "None Shall Pass" * Monty Python Quote.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=88haV1v5Z84

HB696 is the most dangerous as this is a true confiscation bill,
HB109, sell a friend a gun and go to jail, AKA "universal background checks"
HB564 allowing only criminals to carry in schools, AKA the Criminal safe act, AKA the criminal empowerment act; and
HB514, Up to 11 day waiting periods

3/26 is a critical hearing. If we pack the house that day we can dispose of another two of these.

Red flag confiscation bill hearing alert and more info…
by NHFC, Inc. on March 15, 2019

This was a busy week in Concord. Please read this entire alert, there are several action items.

First the good news, because of your activism, the House Municipal and County Government Committee voted to retain HB 655, the 2019 Range Closure Act. This does not mean the bill is dead; it can be resurrected in January of 2020 but for now we can direct our efforts towards defeating those bills that are still alive. The Committee also voted CACR 4 and CACR 8, the two proposed Constitutional Amendments that would gut pre-emption and allow local gun bans “inexpedient to legislate” (ITL). These will both still go to the floor, but I’m optimistic that with your continued help, we can defeat these in the house.

Click here for contact information for all State Representatives. They need to hear from you; a simple message is all that is needed. Just politely ask them to uphold the Committee recommendations and vote CACR 4 and CACR 8 “inexpedient to legislate” (ITL). If you would like some talking points, please click here to read the alert we issued last year opposing CACR 19 which was essentially the same as CACR 4 and CACR 8.

Also this week, the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee voted HB 514, an up to nine day waiting period “ought to pass”. We need to pressure all state representatives to vote NO on the “ought to pass” motion and instead vote the bill “inexpedient to legislate”. Please click here for our alert and talking points opposing HB 514. Then, click here for contact information for all State Representatives. A simple message is all that is needed. Please tell your state representatives to vote NO on HB 514. New Hampshire is consistently ranked as one of the three safest states in America and we do not need a waiting period that will create a back door gun registry in New Hampshire. HB 514 is a solution in search of a problem that does not exist. Please reject the Committee recommendation and vote HB 514 “inexpedient to legislate”.

I also want to let you know that earlier this week, the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee conducted an Executive Session on gun confiscation, HB 687. They decided to retain HB 687. Like HB 655, the retained does not kill the bill but it holds it in Committee until next January. I want to thank all the gun owners who came to Concord on March 5 to fight this significant infringement on our rights. There was a great turn out to oppose this bill and for now at least, your voices were heard.

The House has already passed HB 696, gun confiscation cleverly disguised as an “elder care” bill. However, HB 696 has been sent to the Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee for further review. We need to make sure the members of the Committee hear us loud and clear, NOT ONE SINGLE WORD OF GUN CONTROL IS ACCEPTABLE. The Committee Chairman, Rep. Renny Cushing (D-Hampton) is the prime sponsor of HB 696. Don’t forget to let him know that you strongly oppose his gun confiscation scheme.

The Committee has scheduled a public hearing for HB 696 on March 26 at 10AM. We need a strong showing, at least as strong as the group of gun owners who came to Concord on March 5. Immediately following the public hearing for HB 696, there will be a public hearing for HB 564, criminal safe schools. Please plan to attend both hearings. Even if you intend to come to Concord on March 26, please contact the Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee to express your opposition to HB 696 gun confiscation and HB 564 criminal safe schools.

The backers of these bills seem unable to do basic math; at the end of 2016, Americans owned about 402,000,000 firearms. Things so common and easy to hide can’t be controlled.

But what is even more problematic is that the BATF and Department of Justice rarely prosecutes those, who, even though they are prohibited possessors, attempt to buy firearms. (GAO, Report No. 18-440). In short, “gun control” backers promote a huge fraud. Fraudsters shouldn’t hold any public office!
Pre-written message to Members of the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee:

[email protected]

Dear Representatives:

I am writing to let you know that I am strongly opposed to BOTH HB 696, a gun confiscation bill disguised as an elder care bill and HB 564 a bill that will ban self-defense (and defense of our children) by banning the possession of guns in schools. Every tragedy that has occurred in the past 20 plus years has occurred in a gun free, or criminal safe zone. Please don’t place our children in mortal danger by disarming law abiding adults. This approach failed in Newtown, CT, Parkland, FL, Littleton, CO and every other place that has suffered from criminal abuse of firearms. New Hampshire is safe precisely because we allow law abiding adults to carry self-defense guns. Please vote HB 696 and HB 564 ITL.

The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition will keep me informed of your vote.

Thank you for your consideration.

As always, if any State Representative(s) write back, please send me a copy: [email protected]

Thanks for your support!

In liberty,

Alan M. Rice
President – NHFC, Inc.

Where in the heck is my rep Robert Forsythe??? He's missed half the latest votes. I just emailed him...I hope he has a good reason for missing SO many votes. This is the guy I primaried against and lost by a handful of votes. This is not good.

Not voting/not excused

Welcome to the NH General Court | NH General Court

After we helped retain the last bill, the left is doubling down on their efforts to pass something. HB696 is the next *Red Flag* [Gun confiscation] bill that they are trying to get out of the House. We need to stop it.

Back
Top Bottom