NH Republican Primary - Best Candidates US Senate, US House and Executive Councilor

For the Republican primary in New Hampshire I would like counsel on who is the best candidate. I am mainly interested in who has the best chance of winning the election in November. I am willing to vote for the candidate who has a better chance of winning even if they aren't as strong as might be wished on the Second Amendment.

Remember that Ayotte lost by less than a thousand votes and Trump by slightly less than four thousand votes in 2016 so, to my evaluation, the Senate race is clearly winnable.

From what I have been able to find I am leaning very strongly to Don Bolduc for Senate and Lyne Blankenbeker for House. If you don't think these two would be a good choice please let me know who you think has a better chance of winning and why.

Finally, I also have to choose between Jim Beard and Stewart I. Levenson for Executive Councilor, both of whom look reasonable to me; neither of their sites mention the Second Amendment.

I would rather vote for a Republican who has a good chance of winning and is not as strong as I'd like on the Second Amendment than to vote for someone who is very strong on the Second Amendment but has a lesser chance of winning. My reasoning is that if the former candidate wins, either the US Senate of the US House, that is one more Republican vote. In the messy arena of politics and getting legislation passed I maintain we are better off with a Republican holding a seat when a vote on a gun issue arises than we would be if a Democrat held the same seat.

So you’d rather vote for a “winner” than vote for someone who comports with your viewpoint and principles?

Following....

I think the important thing here is that we replace the Dems with a Republican, even if they're not perfect. You know, rally around a candidate who is very likely better for us overall than the current crop of Dems that have been elected so far.

And, since you're in the PRM, why do you give a shit about what he's asking about for NH ?

Following....

I think the important thing here is that we replace the Dems with a Republican, even if they're not perfect. You know, rally around a candidate who is very likely better for us overall than the current crop of Dems that have been elected so far.

And, since you're in the PRM, why do you give a shit about what he's asking about for NH ?

Curiosity. Nothing more, nothing less.

Forgive me....but have you looked at the voting records of the GOP senators and reps that we've sent to Washington over the past 20 years?

I WISH they were only "Imperfect".......they were on whole so bad....especially the senators.....that their voting records are difficult to distinguish from the dems most years

Uh, nope. Just moved here this past December (escapee from the PRM. lol). All I know is that the voting record of the current crop of NH Dems in Washington is certainly despicable.

So, that's why I said "following". I'll be looking for helpful information on who to back.

Thanks,

Don Bolduc has spoken at Londonderry F&G. I didn't know who he was when he attended the pig roast last year. I've watched some of his videos and officers of LFGC are supporting him.

I know nothing of any other candidates other than 3 of my local state reps in NH. I hope to spin up to speed before the primary in September.

A) For the Republican primary in New Hampshire I would like counsel on who is the best candidate.
B) I am mainly interested in who has the best chance of winning the election in November.
Pick one, because your two criteria are not the same thing, at all.

History says that the Democrat has the best chance of winning. Modern political reality says that Messner has the best chance of the two Republicans.

Principles say that Don Bolduc is the best candidate.

Following....

No. Just no. You vote for the most right-wing candidate and when they don't get elected, you chimp-scream on NES that it's some sort of Republican or Democrat scam (depending on how it happened). You continue to wonder in a state that is NOT as conservative as you why they don't want a candidate who is as conservative as you. LOL

Some folks just don't get demographics. Principals are great. They really are. But sometimes you gotta sleep with a 5 in order to get a shot at dating a 10. ;)

PLEASE dont adopt/advocate for the same strategy that got you and mass into a hot mess.....

IE....Electing people like Romney and the current twit as examples.....

Thats clearly a losing strategy......stop "mass-ing" up NH with horrific/failed mass approach to shit....we've got enough problems with our own squishy NH GOP candidates and leadership (Jen Horn and co)......additional accellerant on the fire isnt required......

Gee, thanks for the advice. Not.

Rather than telling me how to do things why don't you just spend your energy on offering up your opinions on the current crop - Dem or Repub - and we can go from there.

No. Just no. You vote for the most right-wing candidate and when they don't get elected, you chimp-scream on NES that it's some sort of Republican or Democrat scam (depending on how it happened). You continue to wonder in a state that is NOT as conservative as you why they don't want a candidate who is as conservative as you. LOL

Some folks just don't get demographics. Principals are great. They really are. But sometimes you gotta sleep with a 5 in order to get a shot at dating a 10. ;)

How do you make the leap from "rally around a candidate who is very likely better for us overall" to "the most right-wing candidate" ?

Maybe, unless you have something specific to offer on NH candidates, you should sit and watch ?

How do you make the leap from "rally around a candidate who is very likely better for us overall" to "the most right-wing candidate" ?

Maybe, unless you have something specific to offer on NH candidates, you should sit and watch ?

It's NH politics, everyone who doesn't live here thinks they have a valuable opinion.

Did you not read post 6?

But YOU have to make the effort to show up/be involved

Find your county/city committe/chair.......if you cant find a contact for a county cmte then call NHGOP directly for the info 603-225-9341

Look at the NHGOP and county org calendars for events then show up

Cant move to NH and expect not to be VERY involved in local/county/state politics......

Consider joining/attending local ZBA/Select Board/Planning Board/other meetings in your town and holding their feet to the flame thrower......maybe even join them

Yes, I read Post 6, sorry for not Liking it first pass. Rectified.

Again, good info here, thanks for that. But continually telling us 'what' to do (ie, "then show up"...) and then assuming that just because I came from MA I was not VERY involved in local/state politics sounds really condescending.

I didn't come here to be lectured, I came here for facts I can use to make my own decisions.

Dear All,

Thank you for your advice. At this point I think it is clear that Bolduc is the best candidate for Senate.

I would still appreciate any further information about the candidate for the House. I have researched this further (Yes I should have done this before I posted, mea culpa) Steve Negron was the candidate for this seat in the last election and got a little over 42 per cent of the vote.

Lynne Blakenbeker was the third-place candidate in the last primary, losing to Negron by about 1200 or 1300 votes. Given that Steve Negron has actually run previously (even though he lost) makes him the most likely to have a chance of winning this time and thus the best bet.

Dear JPK,

Thanks for the links, I am already a member of NHFC and will now contact the NH GOP to see what I can do.

And more than one person has provided info to you

Understand that WE deal with escapees from mass all day/every day.......and while a good number get involved.....the majority think that they dont have to do anything now that they've flopped their arses across the border

That couldnt be further from the truth

Welcome to NH....now get to work.....

:)

Dont underestimate the effectiveness of determined/persistent "activists" that are unwilling to quit.....but half the battle is showing up.....

NHFC is the group that is on the ball and current.....please consider joining if you havent already

GONH is the NRA affiliate here in NH....

https://gonh.org/.....site is not current/maintained with regularity

Again, Captain Obvious - thanks for pointing out that "more than one person has provided that info". Do you need me to provide you the definition of "following"?

Thanks for the links and specific comments on them but, still, you just can't help with the lecturing can you ? Before it was just condescending, now it's approaching insulting.

For folks just getting involved in NH politics it can be a bit of a mystery to figure out who's running in what races and who you should look at/investigate especially in the primary

In NH the Sec of State maintains a list of candidates for each office by party

Dem Summary

Rep Summary

Top level offices are pretty easy to figure out......but once you delve into the State Senate and House districts it becomes a hot mess.....

Easiest way to figure out what districts you're in is to go to gencourt website and select your town from the drop down

It will show discticts for house and senate and current reps/sen

Write down respective districts then look to the links above from the SoS site

Peter

If it were obvious then you would have looked for yourself and the post/response below would never have occurred

Guess it's not so obvious to you that that post was #4 - before any specific information had been volunteered. And, also, I think most folks would understand that "following" means that a good question was asked and that you're interested in the discussion. It also does *not* mean that you're not accumulating information elsewhere.
Do you need more help in understanding "following" ?

Is this "Low Post Count Members Crap All Over NES" Month and no one told me????? (I guess last week's extravaganza was technically in July. But I tend to follow the Mayan calendar anyhow. LOL)

So....you're gonna be that blow in from mass that complains and complains and complains "how did this happen" when elections go bad and bad legislation gets passed in NH...eh?

You figure out your senate/house district(s) yet and start looking at who's running in primary?

My bet is no.....

Ok, so this has stopped being fun - you win, my last response in reference to you. Wasn't the point on this thread to DISCUSS the candidates, not to IDENTIFY them ?

Not only are you an obnoxious know-it-all lecturer you are an even more obnoxious ASSumer.

Just got this link - seems incomplete since none of my Districts have entries:

Just got this email from GOA. Mayberry sounds really solid - whether he can win or not is the question.

Choose from two Strong Pro-Gun Candidates
Dear Peter,
Both major candidates for the GOP nomination for New Hampshire's First District Congressional seat have returned perfect gun surveys to Gun Owners of America.
Matt Mowers of Bedford, and Matt Mayberry of Dover, both responded to GOA's survey asking about issues of interest to gun owners 100% pro-gun.
But the Democrat incumbent, Chris Pappas, is a virulent gun-hater, who willfully deceived the voters in order to weasel his way into Congress.
MattMayberry-990000000003cf3c.jpeg
Matt Mayberry, long time Granite State Resident, gun show promoter and 1st District Candidate for Congress. Mayberry answered his GOA Survey 100% pro-gun
GOA regards the removal of this Pelosi stooge to be one of our top priorities in the November 3 general election.

For now, we are watching to see whether Mayberry or Mowers is in a
better position to unseat the dishonest and anti-gun Pappas.
Matt Mowers came to New Hampshire via New Jersey after spending his younger life moving around the country with his parents -- as his father moved to various job sites related to the energy industry. He advised the not-so-good Governor Chris Christie when he lived in New Jersey, but also worked for the campaign and administration of President Donald Trump.

Matt Mayberry, a native of Maine, has been a New Hampshire resident for about 30 years and is a big promoter of gun shows in the Granite State. In videos on the Internet, he has actively touted his support for Second Amendment rights -- and has demonstrated his proficient shooting ability. Mayberry has been Vice Chair of the state Republican Party, has worked in a variety of positions in grassroots GOP politics, and he even served on a local school board and the city council in his home town of Dover.

Mayberry believes that he can successfully compete with Pappas for the votes of various constituencies, which would normally be in the pocket of the Democrat Party. He is also knowledgeable on the major issues which he would face if elected to Congress.

Both Mayberry and Mowers would represent a massive improvement over Perjury-Prone Pelosi Puppet Pappas.

If either of them breaks out of the pack and begins to demonstrate a
superior ability to rid us of the the filthy skunk now representing the
district -- as we hope -- you will hear from us soon.
In liberty,
Tim Macy
Chairman
Gun Owners of America
P.S. Make sure you support one of the pro-gun candidates in the Republican Primary in New Hampshire on September 8.

Just look for the biggest trump sign in your town, and whoever else they have yard signs for, that’s probably who you should be voting for.
If you don’t personally know atleast a few of the people running, you haven’t lived in NH very long.

Is there a Republican meet and greet in your area? We have one coming up next week in Colebrook, I’m sure there’s one Down Below.

And while I certainly want the best candidate that goes with my principles, I’ll take any R over the D. Worst case is it allows real republicans (are there any) to control the House and Senate.

You mention how Trump lost by 4000 votes, but don’t forget tat the third party candidates received 50,000! I get that the libertarian party sounds cool, and is great for state and local level, hell even Congress - but please realize that most third party candidates are as good as a vote for Biden. Thank goodness for Kanye (wow 2020 is so weird that I say that) to siphon off Black votes from Biden. If he’s still on, anyway.

We already cast our votes. Picked up our "mail in ballots" from the Town Clerk (NH) yesterday and dropped off the completed ballots at the Town Clerk today.

We met with one of our State Reps on Sunday, going over the candidates and what they stood for (mostly 2A). He's an NRA Training Counselor and we met a year ago and talked extensively back then.

While not a gun group, the team that publishes LibertyBallot.com does a great job of vetting candidates. They only select the best of the best. Besides, this gives you a easy way to download the full ballot for your town.

Only high level primary races where there were proven candidates did they select someone.

Back
Top Bottom