• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Republican Primary - Best Candidates US Senate, US House and Executive Councilor

Dear All,

Thank you for your advice. At this point I think it is clear that Bolduc is the best candidate for Senate.

I would still appreciate any further information about the candidate for the House. I have researched this further (Yes I should have done this before I posted, mea culpa) Steve Negron was the candidate for this seat in the last election and got a little over 42 per cent of the vote.

Lynne Blakenbeker was the third-place candidate in the last primary, losing to Negron by about 1200 or 1300 votes. Given that Steve Negron has actually run previously (even though he lost) makes him the most likely to have a chance of winning this time and thus the best bet.

Dear JPK,

Thanks for the links, I am already a member of NHFC and will now contact the NH GOP to see what I can do.
Just look for the biggest trump sign in your town, and whoever else they have yard signs for, that’s probably who you should be voting for.
If you don’t personally know atleast a few of the people running, you haven’t lived in NH very long.
If you use the above criteria, then it seems like Negron would have a good chance. He's the candidate that most of the gun shops have a sign for out front. I've only seen a few signs around the state for Blankenbeker. As for Bolduc, I met him when he was campaigning in Manchester. The only survey that I've seen had Messner replying positively to 2A questions, and Bolduc had not given a response.

Lynne Blankenbeker is a very solid pro-liberty candidate in my opinion derived from numerous conversations with her. I strongly support her.

In NH there is a group of Libertarans. They comprise about 30,000 votes. Without their votes, the dem wins. The question that needs to be asked is who can win their votes?

Hate to drag up an older thread, but I'm a new arrival here and don't want to f*** up my choices too much.

Is there anything I am missing in the District 1 Executive Council race between Kenney and Strathdee? I can really find nothing on Strathdee other than her facebook page which has something like 14 likes.

NHFC has made the state senator and rep choices a bit easier for me with Giuda and unless I'm missing anything Blankenbeker.

Hate to drag up an older thread, but I'm a new arrival here and don't want to f*** up my choices too much.

Is there anything I am missing in the District 1 Executive Council race between Kenney and Strathdee? I can really find nothing on Strathdee other than her facebook page which has something like 14 likes.

NHFC has made the state senator and rep choices a bit easier for me with Giuda and unless I'm missing anything Blankenbeker.

Blankenbeker is solidly pro-liberty.

Barely over a week is not a zombie thread on NES. ;)

Kim Strathdee runs just because she thinks no one should be unopposed, even in the primaries. In 2016 she ran in the primary for state senate against Starr. She doesn't mount a serious campaign, just pays her fee and puts her name out there. You'll find a lot of that in NH, especially for major offices (have you checked the full list of people running for POTUS?)

I casually know Kim and have talked to her several times. Very nice person, but I don't take her campaigns any more seriously than she does. Joe Kenney is outstanding, and Mike Cryans needs to go home and cry some more.

Negron vs. Blankenbeker is a coin flip, but I think Lynne can handle Kuster in any (theoretical) debate without coming off as a big mean Republican man bullying that poor little Democrat woman.

For your state senate district, Giuda is definitely the right choice.

Liberty Ballot is another source. They only rank contested primaries, and will release a new guide for the general.

Thanks for the input all. Just got back. Nice painless process and I don’t think I screwed it up.:D
Funny that this is the first time I have voted in person in a year when all the drama queens want to do mail in. Always done absentee as I lived out of the state I was registered in.

Back
Top Bottom