NH Residents - CALL YOUR STATE SENATORS!!!

These people must be f***ing STOPPED.

(cross-posted at NLB - sorry if this is a dupe)

Reason #244,074...

...to vote the Democrats in Concord back to minority status.

Portsmouth Herald: N.H. Senate set to consider slew of new taxes, fees to balance budget

CONCORD — When Gov. John Lynch outlined his budget proposals for 2010-11 in February, he said New Hampshire, like the country, was facing an "unprecedented fiscal challenge" and he was open to the legislative changes that would come in the process.

Hey, here's an idea.

STOP SPENDING MONEY THAT DOESN'T EXIST!!!

To find funds to plug an estimated $500 million to $600 million revenue shortfall in the 2010-11 biennium budget that lawmakers will finalize this month has led to an expansion of fee-based programs and initiation of new ones, including the following:

[...]

- Increasing permit fee for out-of-staters to carry a concealed weapon from $20 to $100 to raise $1.7 million.

But, Monsieur, it's just a wafer-thin 400% increase.

What's worse, is that if out-of-state gun owners start open carrying, as is 100% legal in New Hampshire, to avoid the $100 fee, these parasites masquerading as representatives of the people will begin the process of closing the "open carry loophole".

That's not just me blowing off steam, looking for another reason to bash the Concord chapter of the Obamanomics Fan Club, that's a guarantee.

That is just wrong, I pray that MA residents dont have to deal with the prohibitive cost of a non resident pistol/revolver license. Its not fun forking over 100$ to get a MA non res LTC-A, I hope it doesnt end like that for them.

People just won't bother with the out of state permit, simple as that. They will probably bring in less revenue with that plan. They need to look for cuts, not raised fees!

On the bright side the new MA increase in sales tax will probably increase NH's revenue quite a bit!

This is the same thing they did with non-res. OHRV reg. they upped it so high that many people don't bother or just go to Maine instead.

assuming it does bring in 1.7 mill which it wont because many won't renew, thats a drop in the bucket for a state budget. Might pay for the Gov. Beer fund thats about it.

People just won't bother with the out of state permit, simple as that.

They probably know that and are just using this fee hike to set the table for the closing of the open carry "loophole".

As long as you can label something a "loophole", you'll get popular support for the idea. After all, loopholes, aren't even supposed to exist. A loophole means someone, somewhere is exploiting a flaw in the law to serve their own nefarious means.

They probably know that and are just using this fee hike to set the table for the closing of the open carry "loophole".

As long as you can label something a "loophole", you'll get popular support for the idea. After all, loopholes, aren't even supposed to exist. A loophole means someone, somewhere is exploiting a flaw in the law to serve their own nefarious means.

Let's close the Geithner tax loophole.

That is just wrong, I pray that MA residents dont have to deal with the prohibitive cost of a non resident pistol/revolver license. Its not fun forking over 100$ to get a MA non res LTC-A, I hope it doesnt end like that for them.

100 FOR A YEAR... for a "Temp" license.

From the Senate Minority Leader...

Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 11:34 PM
To: Andrew Xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: House Bill 2

Thank you for your e-mail. I agree with you, of course, that the state's first focus should be to hold the line on spending. That doesn't seem to be the mentality these days and so they go looking to find ways to sock it to people. I voted against the budget when it came up last week and will vote against it again when it comes back in two weeks. I'll also try to get the pistol permit increase taken out between now and then.

[Amherst, Greenville, Jaffrey, Milford, New Ipswich, Peterborough, Rindge, Sharon, Temple, Wilton]

Back
Top Bottom