NH residents.. Where do you shop?

mostly on-line.

My FFL dealer in Nashua charges $20 for transfers, and has no problem with doing transfers for auction purchases, etc...

bought my (2) xd-45's from Bud's Gun shop..

Empire Arms, Allans Arsenal are good for milsurps...do you have a C&R license ?

ammo I usually purchase by mail order, by the case(s)...

For local stuff, State Line in Mason is good. I've also had them do some gunsmith work fior me also...

Last edited:
I try and support my local gun shop, I go to Birch Knoll Gun shop in Lyme, NH. I have gone to the Firing Line in manchvages, but did not really have a good experience, I really don't do well being talked down to. I have not heard anyone else have this issue so maybe the guy just had too many idiots that day?

That is the problem with some shops. All it takes is one employee to ruin it.

Next time you go in ask for Jim, he will take care of you and will not talk down to you. [wink]

Thanks for the info. They seem to have some OK deals on hard to find stuff so I will have to go back in and try again.

I order all my own and have it shipped to my FFL. $15.00 per transfer. I have a great repore w/ the guys a Riley's also. I help Dusty w/ surplus pricing at times. They have been Very Good to me at times.

where to buy in NH

I bought 2 sub machineguns from Manchester Firing Line and dealt only with Jim. Great guy. I was able to test fire both guns and one didn't function reliably. Jim sent it to Stan Andrewski and it runs like a top. Nice guy and my dog was always welcome there.

I'd be willing to bet you can buy automatic weapons in any state as long as you're properly licensed.

Yep basically ... but well Im guessing easier here than south of the border. I was over at MFL a few days ago drooling over the Barrett 50 cal....and the chain gun he's got on disply ...oh what I wouldnt do to put some rounds thru both [smile]

but gun shops ..

Manch Firing Line...like others have said Jim is a great guy to talk to and deal with

Rileys in hooksett

State line in Mason

Lee's Gun Shop in Windham ... Bob's a good guy to deal with

and well there are a ton more ...its NH we have gun shops and lots of Granite

Rob

Manchester firing line is also good because the guys working in there are usually willing to shoot the shit about guns for a while when you stop in. I like riley's too but I generally check MFL first since they are about 2 seconds from my house and customer service from them has alway been top notch. They will also transfer in guns from online purchases.

I'm on the wrong side of the border but I've had great purchases at State Line (both mason and plaistow) and Rileys in hookset

I know a little gun shop in NH that I've never heard mention of here, it's Freedom Market on RT# 25 in Freedom NH, which is less than a mile from the Maine state line. I went in there to take a look-see last week and shot the bull with the owner Wayne. It's a mom and pop operation that sells gas, beer and groceries plus the gun shop. I've noticed that Waynes prices tend to be all over the map. High on some stuff, but low on others.
A friend of mine recently bought a REAL Colt 1911 from him for $525. This was a NIB unfired WW1 commerative edition, "Second Battle of The Marne" with the glass front display case. It has fancy inlays and engraved grips with special medallions. There were 4 guns in this WW1 commerative set, Wayne had two of the "Marne" guns and two others. I've seen a few of these on Gunbroker, they don't go for huge money, but any genuine Colt 1911 in unfired condition must be worth at least $525, even a Plain-Jane one.

Did you see the Gun Shops of NH map compiled by a member here? I realize you were asking about the good ones, but it never hurts to visit your local ones, or at least know where they are. I always enjoy checking out gun shops I've never been to.

State line in Mason's got it all, and he's right on the way home from work for me. Big Warden- Eric Manna closed his retail store in New ipswich. I went there like once a year, mostly for a laugh, never bought anything there. He was way too Rambo for me.

But yeah, to reiterate what everyone has said, Rileys is good, you can mail order anything you want right to your house, ammo, mags etc. We have some great gun shows in Manchester and Concord. Full Auto and silencers are completely legal (no, you don't need any special license, jsut fill out the forms and pay the tax). LTC is shall issue and costs like 20 bucks for 4 years, and the people at my local P.D. at least, are very nice. Filled out a form, got a call a week later, came down and wrote them a check.

So, what are you waiting for???? Move now. Plenty of good clubs to shoot at also. What town are you moving into? Hillsboro county covers a lot of ground

Gunner
political refugee from the Peoples Republik

Lewis Arms in Bow - hubbie bought his gun there.

I got my gun from Jr's Gunsmithing in Londonderry (he's a very small shop, but has great prices). Got my rifle from Top Gun (online) and had it shipped to Jr's ($10 transfer fee).

Manchester Firing Line (haven't bought there yet, but do shoot there) they are great and answer all your questions. I'll probably get my next gun there.

Lewis Arms are pretty high priced compared to Riley's. Town Line in Mason was not much better. I saw a J frame go for $450... I bought one that was the same thing for $350 otd @ MFL. MFL also had a nice polished one a few weeks later for $50 more... not bad if you ask me considering it came with a Blackhawk Serpa holster.

All in all the bargin shelf is usually worth it for the trip to Riley's. I skip Lewis Arms and The Trading Post @ the traffic circle. Asked a guy if they have safes there. He replied Uhhh Uhhh Uhhh naw. So I asked the attendant behind the counter if that other guy was on drugs... he said why? I replied.. well there is a safe over there and he said there was none. His response: "That's not for sale. Maybe you are on drugs" So I walked out.

I guess you go where you are treated right. I have bought well over 5 firearms from Riley's and at least 3 from Jim @ MFL. Great guy and always worth going to see.

So, what are you waiting for???? Move now. Plenty of good clubs to shoot at also. What town are you moving into? Hillsboro county covers a lot of ground

Thanks for the good info guys. I wont be waiting much longer. We close on the new house in Hudson on Monday. I'm gonna be taking a look into PFG once we get settled. I told my wife I would be accessorizing our house with a nice new shotgun. She's all for it. So I'll see about getting hooked up over there. I'd like to get into trap shooting, but one thing at a time. :)

Lewis Arms. Great selection. More Kimbers in one place than I have ever seen.

All this and I am not a fan of Lewis Arms. I was driving through the area with money burning a hole in my pocket, and this is an area I never go through. It was a Friday night and I drove through and said COOL ITS A GUN SHOP! I went in 15 mins before closing, and I was in the market for a 1911. He had a bunch of 1911s. I waited 10 mins while he was on the phone, and when he got off I asked to see a Kimber. He told me no. He said only if I was going to buy it. I said, sir, I am in the market, and if I like the pistol I may purchase it. He said I am not pulling the pistol out of the case unless you commit to buy it right now I am closing in 5 mins (in a real a-hole voice). Walked out and never looked back.

Back
Top Bottom