NH State House gun ban - UPDATE

Via Rep. Jenn Coffey:

Today the joint facilities committee is expected to lift the ban that has prevent the 2nd Amendment from being exercised in the State House Complex, tomorrow the house is expected to lift the ban that has prevented the 2nd Amendment from being exercised in the house chambers. Amazing what can happen when elected officials who have sworn to uphold the constitution of this great state and our country actually do it!

I'll be up at the State House later this morning for a House Rules Q&A session. Will post updates as needed.

- Bruce

Ding-dong, the witch is dead!

noban.jpg

NH State Rep. Jenn Coffey claims her scalp.

The knife in her right hand was used to cut away and scrape off the sticker in her left hand. There had been stickers on all entrances to the State House and Legislative office building across the street made up of four square sections showing no animals, no food/drink, no smoking, and no guns.

Now there's a corner missing.

[smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile]

Our goal is to get rid of all four squares by the end of the session. [wink] Someone suggested replacing it with a sticker of our new mascot a cigarette smoking, Big Mac eating bulldog with a 1911 on his side.

Our goal is to get rid of all four squares by the end of the session. [wink] Someone suggested replacing it with a sticker of our new mascot a cigarette smoking, Big Mac eating bulldog with a 1911 on his side.
It's refreshingly awesome to be able to get a little chuckle about the house rulemaking instead of an acid stomach.

That's NH State Representative Jenn Coffey. She's been one of the most pro-gun rights voices in the state. She was one of the folks responsible for getting the State House gun ban killed today. She also led the fight to legalize switchblades and other previously banned bladed implements.

I know she carries a knife for her EMT work.She also got the laws changed for knife carry.She's my rep and I have no complaints.

Ban supporters said the public, particularly schoolchildren, touring the Statehouse shouldn't be put at risk. Police have the training, not the public, to deal with volatile situations, they said. They also said police would have a hard time distinguishing among those with guns who were defending themselves from the aggressors if the ban was lifted.

Former state Rep. Valerie Hardy, a Litchfield Democrat, read a list of incidents around the nation involving gun violence.

"There's too much violence in this world," she said.

House Republican Leader D.J. Bettencourt of Salem challenged her.

"The vast majority of places where those took place were gun free zones, were they not?" he said.

"I can't understand why people feel they have to have a gun everywhere they go," she replied.

Good argument there Valerie, you useless twit. People like you are why I defected from my birth state of MA, and choose to Live Free or Die!

http://www.wmur.com/politics/26369716/detail.html

Back
Top Bottom