NH: Who is running for office?

This is a call to make sure that we have good pro-2a people elected. The best way for that to happen is to have people who care about our rights, file to run.
State Senate and State Rep filing period closes on 6/10

The list of those who have filed is here.

Some of our NES members are running :)

PS. filing period closes on 6/10 Best to file before the last day. Questions on how to run can be posted here, or sent in a PM

If I still lived in NH, I would run again though I wish I knew then what I know now. The guy that I ran against in the primary ultimately won the primary (by 6 votes) and a seat in Concord, and then had to resign in disgrace sometime later. I knew his background but was not allowed to bring it up, squashed by the county head honcho. This is the way some of the GOP runs the party in NH. Then in NH politics, if you are in a primary, no one in the GOP "management" is allowed to pick one person or another to support until after the primary, yet there are people (one who just blew in from NJ) and is working for the GOP party who is blatantly in Sununu's camp and is stumping for him (Sununu's in a 2 (or 3) way runoff). Not cool.

Yes folks, we have our very own swamp here in NH.

Then in NH politics, if you are in a primary, no one in the GOP "management" is allowed to pick one person or another to support until after the primary, yet there are people (one who just blew in from NJ) and is working for the GOP party who is blatantly in Sununu's camp and is stumping for him (Sununu's in a 2 (or 3) way runoff). Not cool.
Vote candidates over party. The last letter from this newly minted [from NJ] granite stater leaves much to be desired.
We need more gun owners to get involved.

RE NJ people, ya'll talking about Mowers for the national seat? IMO not a fan. Also not in that district thankfully.

As far as spreading the word, this seems to get more NH traffic than arfcom's NH NTF.

R/NHGuns is another low traffic place, but it gets the reddit treatment with folks looking at the subs you post in.

If I still lived in NH, I would run again though I wish I knew then what I know now. The guy that I ran against in the primary ultimately won the primary (by 6 votes) and a seat in Concord, and then had to resign in disgrace sometime later. I knew his background but was not allowed to bring it up, squashed by the county head honcho. This is the way some of the GOP runs the party in NH. Then in NH politics, if you are in a primary, no one in the GOP "management" is allowed to pick one person or another to support until after the primary, yet there are people (one who just blew in from NJ) and is working for the GOP party who is blatantly in Sununu's camp and is stumping for him (Sununu's in a 2 (or 3) way runoff). Not cool.

All politics is dirty and most all politicians are as well.

You should make your legal residence in Twin, use my address as I'm still technically a subject of the People's Republic of the Communistwealth of Massachusetts. Edith Tucker beat John Greer by 108 votes back in 2016. With the exception of Berlin, Coös seems to be turning Red. I suppose a weekly round trip between SGF & MHT isn't very plausible but the offer is there.

You should make your legal residence in Twin, use my address as I'm still technically a subject of the People's Republic of the Communistwealth of Massachusetts. Edith Tucker beat John Greer by 108 votes back in 2016. With the exception of Berlin, Coös seems to be turning Red. I suppose a weekly round trip between SGF & MHT isn't very plausible but the offer is there.

I'm curious how the redistricting will affect things in Coös.

HB50

This article is not related to house/senate races. I'm only posting it to highlight the voter turnout and the same day registrations.

Dalton Voters Resoundingly Reject Zoning Measure

Non paywall: https://archive.ph/HR7iP

snippets
The count, still unofficial as of Tuesday evening, was 195 in support of zoning and 280 against, making for a total vote count of 475.

Tuesday’s turnout was nearly double the 2021 vote that saw 135 voters in favor of extending emergency temporary zoning until a permanent ordinance was presented and 130 voters opposed to ETZ, making for a total vote count of 265 and a much narrower margin.

Tillotson estimates there were about 50 same-day voter registrations and about a 61-percent turnout among registered Dalton voters.

Wiki says there are over 900 residents in the town. Obviously some are minors, but how many voters refused to show up and won't show up in November?

Going down the rabbit hole of this town's zoning issues which lasted multiple years, it is because people didn't show up to vote.

Please encourage your neighbor to register to vote and vote/show at the town meeting.

p.s. any vote against zoning is good in my eyes. :)

This article is not related to house/senate races. I'm only posting it to highlight the voter turnout and the same day registrations.

Dalton Voters Resoundingly Reject Zoning Measure

Non paywall: https://archive.ph/HR7iP

snippets

Wiki says there are over 900 residents in the town. Obviously some are minors, but how many voters refused to show up and won't show up in November?

Going down the rabbit hole of this town's zoning issues which lasted multiple years, it is because people didn't show up to vote.

Please encourage your neighbor to register to vote and vote/show at the town meeting.

p.s. any vote against zoning is good in my eyes. :)

I hope that's a Swan song. ;)

At Tuesday's Londonderry F&G meeting, two candidates were given time to discuss their positions.

Karoline Leavitt, candidate for Congress NH 1st District. HOME | KarolineforCongress

and

Thad Riley, candidate for Governor, Thad Riley For Governor

Both seemed like down to earth candidates and strong 2A supporters.

Back
Top Bottom