NH woman caught up by TSA in FL with handgun. (video)

He keeps asking her for a carry permit because he doesn't understand that you do not need one in NH.
She says she has one (Lie, once you exclude the constitution as your permit to carry) and they check and she doesn't have one
Glock 43 seized
Charged with a felony
Dropped the felony charge
Charged with a misdemeanor
pre trail diversion

ORLANDO, FL — On November 18, 2020, just before 7:00 pm, Orlando Police Officer James Ruhl was stationed at Orlando International Airport’s West Security Checkpoint when he was summoned by Supervisory Transportation Security Officer Veronica Bell to the X-ray machine of lane #10, operated by Transportation Security Officer ("TSO") Selena De Grijze. TSO De Grijze was new to the job and was being trained by TSO Ladawn Stevens. The training was more eventful than anyone had planned. TSO De Grijze told Officer Ruehl that she had observed, via the X-ray machine, a handgun inside of a gold ladies handbag. Officer Ruhl glanced at the X-ray machine monitor and confirmed the unmistakable silhouette of a pistol. The following is from the report of Officer Ruhl, lightly edited for clarity: I removed the gold ladies handbag from the plastic container on the belt, which is the bag that Witness De Grijze stated was the bag containing the alleged handgun. I walked toward the end of the lane and observed a white female, who was later identified as suspect Samantha Sberna, standing near the end of the lane opposite of me. She appeared to be concerned about the bag I was carrying. She stated she forgot she had a firearm in her handbag. She handed me her New Hampshire driver license upon my request. I searched inside the handbag and located the firearm in the center compartment. I also located other items inside the handbag with the suspect's name on them. The suspect stated she had a valid concealed weapon permit in the state of New Hampshire, however she did not have it in her possession. Officer J. Givens arrived to assist me, and walked with the suspect into the OPD office for processing of this case. I ran the suspect on teletype for warrants via my police radio. I requested verification of the suspect's claim that she had a concealed weapons permit in the state of New Hampshire. Teletype advised the suspect did not have any active warrants and she did not have a concealed weapons permit in New Hampshire. We ran criminal history and the suspect does not appear to have any felony convictions. I removed a black Glock model 43, 9mm, from the center compartment of the gold handbag. There was a magazine containing (5) rounds inside the handgun's magazine well, and there was a round chambered. The handgun appeared fully functional capable of expelling projectile through the use of an explosion. The TSA checkpoint is a sterile area within OIA, where firearms are prohibited. There are signs posted at the entrance to the TSA screening area, that warns anyone entering the checkpoint that firearms are prohibited. The listed firearm, magazine and six (6) rounds of ammunition were placed into OPD Property and Evidence reference this case number. Witnesses Bell, Stevens and De Grijze submitted sworn written statements and they will testify in court. OFC P. Owen (34447) assisted with evidence packaging and obtaining statements from the witnesses. OFC J. Jones (11682) managed the suspect while I processed this case. I advised SGT S. Stites (15336) of the incident and the decision was made to arrest the suspect for carrying a concealed firearm, a third-degree felony.

New Hampshire has constitutional carry, they also issue permits.
If she did have a resident NH permit, FL has reciprocity with NH - so they'd accept it.

Problem is that she didn't have the permit - so she didn't have the legal right to carry the firearm in Florida.
And then she's in a "secure area" of the airport where firearms are prohibited.

He's wrong about Constitutional Carry, but he's also accepting of the fact that he could be wrong.

If she did have a resident NH permit, FL has reciprocity with NH - so they'd accept it.

Problem is that she didn't have the permit - so she didn't have the legal right to carry the firearm in Florida.

He's wrong about Constitutional Carry, but he's also accepting of the fact that he could be wrong.
Here's the time index for the LEO pretending constitutional carry does not exist. I assume he's lying, but if he's really that out of touch, he needs to get a different job.

View: https://youtu.be/qvELvlVzhgw?t=666

Here's the time index for the LEO pretending constitutional carry does not exist. I assume he's lying, but if he's really that out of touch, he needs to get a different job.

View: https://youtu.be/qvELvlVzhgw?t=666

She knew the law.
For some reason she tried to lie and say she forgot her permit at home
At one point she says she doesn't need one in NH
I bet he is ignorant it is possible to carry without a permission slip

I guess this is a example of just shutting up because you are not talking out of 90% of things

She knew the law.
Might not be a lie, if she is an NH res that permit is probably a goddam piece of tissue paper and probably NOT in any kind of a centralized database.

Why do people always want to make excuses for tyrants?

She knew the law.
I bet he is ignorant it is possible to carry without a permission slip

I guess this is a example of just shutting up because you are not talking out of 90% of things
From what I understand not all towns share the permit holder info with the state, hence the need to carry a copy with you.

Definitely not guilty, and once you get used to carrying it everywhere, you pretty much forget it's there.

As for P&R License, those are issued by local LEO. I could easily see a newly issued license not showing in the database for a while.

She needs a stern tongue tonguelashing.
There is no database for NH issued permits.

pretty stupid

Like you’ve never made a mistake. I’ll have to watch the rest of the video but it seems like they’re bringing being pretty cool about it. “What time is your flight” we’re not gonna work that out..I’ll be back later to rant about this but work calls

Like you’ve never made a mistake. I’ll have to watch the rest of the video but it seems like they’re bringing being pretty cool about it. “What time is your flight” we’re not gonna work that out..I’ll be back later to rant about this but work calls

I could see being a NH resident being a little more lax about your guns and license, but if you're going to an airport where you know you're going to be subject to an invasive search, scan, and verification, you'd think one would spend a bit more time giving everything the once-over before leaving. Especially if the trip was out of state as well.

They would have to call Canaan PD during business hours to look up the paper file.

not guilty!

glad she didn’t get in any real trouble. Better this happen in FL rather than Logan!!

I could see being a NH resident being a little more lax about your guns and license, but if you're going to an airport where you know you're going to be subject to an invasive search, scan, and verification, you'd think one would spend a bit more time giving everything the once-over before leaving. Especially if the trip was out of state as well.

That is why it’s a huge f*** up. But I have no the countless people who use the range bag as a carry-on and they end up with a magazine under the little flap on the bottom or even a couple rounds of ammo and they act like it’s a crisis. I’d like to say it would never happen to me but you never know. Wasn’t there somebody who got jammed up over having spent 22 stuck in the tread of their boot

That is why it’s a huge f*** up. But I have no the countless people who use the range bag as a carry-on and they end up with a magazine under the little flap on the bottom or even a couple rounds of ammo and they act like it’s a crisis. I’d like to say it would never happen to me but you never know. Wasn’t there somebody who got jammed up over having spent 22 stuck in the tread of their boot

That's why people should clearly delineate range gear from everything else. Hell, I was in Dubai once and they swabbed my carry on for explosive residue.

My 1st grader broke his backpack, I gave him an old one of mine temporarily. He used it for like 3 days till we got him a new one. We emptied it out and found half a box of blazer brass 9mm in one of the front pockets. Nobody died, nobody got arrested.

Ya... well...she saved 10 bucks.

for P&R License, those are issued by local LEO. I could easily see a newly issued license not showing in the database for a while.
There is no database. None. The only "database" legally allowed in NH is the paper copy in the desk of the chief or designated issuing officer.

She needs a stern tongue tonguelashing.
I see what you did there.

What database?
maxresdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom