• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nice write-up in AARP magazine

I hate to nitpick but he should have remembered and mentioned the "guy" in the pickups name (Langendorff) and given him credit. The writer should have at least added it in parentheses or something.

I'm a member of AARP too. I use them for discounts. I also get the magazine but I have never read it...lol

I understand your point but....

Some of us are in Mass. What company would it be that any of us support that isn't anti 2A. I work for an anti 2A company. It pays the bills and I use some of the money they pay me to buy guns and ammo. So in a sense they are contributing to my agenda.

If we boycott every business I'll need to have a farm and raise cattle just to eat and I'll have to take up knitting.

Last edited:
OK, who taught you guys how to use the inter web?!!! Haha

Not a bad write up, but aarp is a commie front, just like aaa. I thought we all knew what to do with commies???

OK, who taught you guys how to use the inter web?!!! Haha

Not a bad write up, but aarp is a commie front, just like aaa. I thought we all knew what to do with commies???

Every other business in Mass is a commie front too.
I have an AAA membership too.

I have to boycott grocery stores, banks, insurance companies, bakeries, car dealers, coffee shops, department stores, malls, schools, hospitals, sports arenas, government buildings, police stations.....am I missing anything?

As several folks have pointed out, you couldn't live a very "normal" life if you boycotted every company that was left leaning. So I'm sure most of us do the best we can to pick and choose which businesses we are willing to support in order to live a reasonably comfortable life. For me, at least, AARP is not something that I feel I need to belong to and many of their discounts can probably be found through other sources. AAA, on the other hand, is an organization I have belonged to forever, and have utilized many of their services over the years. Do business with a particular organization or not, at least we are still free to choose... at least for now!

AARP of the last several years is no more than an an arm of the insurance corporations. They do crap to protect the elderly and their lobbying is for insurance and Pharma

can you come out in the morning to change a flat on my truck, please.
If you can’t do it yourself, IMO, you shouldn’t be driving, period.

What kind of man doesn’t have an air compressor and a patch kit?????

The answer is in the sticky in the members section..

So I have read the sticky in the membership info section, and it does a fine job of detailing benefits (none of which are particularly appealing to me, but...).

But my actual question was more about how the fees collected go toward a agenda, like the AARP money does (that's why it's in this thread).

Joined AARP once for a year. Probably averaged 4 pieces of junk mail solicitations a day from their partners on top of their own mailings. Plus phone calls from “your AARP provider of......”. I could not get them to stop. I got more junk mail from them than everyone else combined.

Never will I be associated with them again.

why do it yourself when you can get someone else to do it cheap
Fixed that. But yeah, even if you don't include the tire change, battery (yes I know we should all have hand cranks for our car batteries in the vehicle) The towing service is the biggest draw for me though I myself haven't had to use it yet.

Back
Top Bottom