• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NICS Delay

Maybe it is the dismissed thing, but I kind of doubt it. It's more likely that you have a name or DOB match with some felon
somewhere, and they have to bump it up to the next examiner (which wastes time).

It's pretty rare for these to turn into denials unless there's been some identity theft in play or something is messed up.

It can be a system issue but that is rare, particularly with the FBI. Frankly I'd be applying for a UPIN after the first or 2nd time it happened.

-Mike

i have the same name as someone convicted of a felony.... EVERY TIME i've bought a firearm it's gone to "further review"
it's a pain in the ass....

but, eh.....

Please, you got to hang out with Dad while you waited. [smile]

well... yeh... imeant for the times when i'm at Giant Sporting Goods Store Inc. and the guy says "oh, this is going for further review" while some soccer mom is standing next to us trying to find the sports bras.....

or there's 8 other people waiting for the one guy's attention...

i imagine it would annoy the help at some of the larger shops i've heard about where the place is packed wall to wall with customers...

that's why i only buy at small shops now :)
like acme and village and ron's and richie's, maybe flint if i'm feeling desperate....

I guess I am not getting this....If you have a LTC and get delayed doesn't the sale still go thru after 3 days?
I get delayed alot due to an arrest but no conviction. So I wait 3 days and I get the firearm.

I have had it go thru immediately too, so it is a crap shoot. A freind of mine just got delayed for the first time and he was very upset and told the salesman he didn't want the gun and stormed out.
You can have an LTC and still get denied, not delayed. State and federal governments are not necessarily on the same page when it comes to who is and is not a prohibited person.

Well, apparently I was all worked up over nothing. I got a call from FS early this morning saying that I was all set to come in and pick it up. While it wasn't the longest wait, it's still a major pain in the ass. Regardless, I'm gonna make the trip out there tomorrow with a smile on my face and pick up my first purchase!

For me, it's hit or miss. My shotgun I got delayed, but for my first handgun I walked out the door with it. My Saiga I was delayed, but for my lower AR receivers I didn't have to wait. Go figure.

I just got my LTC a couple of weeks ago.The licensing officer sent a PIN # along with the license.Is this a UPIN?

No, this is a MA state pin you can use in case the fingerprint thingy doesn't work properly. It's completely different from the (Federal) UPIN.

Bummer I thought I got a bonus for my extended wait.
Oh well I have gotten two guns so far without a wait,hopefully that continues.

All my waits have been a minute or so, except the two on Friday afternoon and Saturday (one of each). I've used my SS# on all of them, but I think next time I may try without and see what happens. Silly me, I figured giving them more info would make it easier...

All my waits have been a minute or so, except the two on Friday afternoon and Saturday (one of each). I've used my SS# on all of them, but I think next time I may try without and see what happens. Silly me, I figured giving them more info would make it easier...

I use my SSN every time to no avail. I've been delayed for 3 days once and 24 hours twice. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom