NICS Deny

Yes, my comment is directly related to yours about big box stores and "denials". You imply NICS is different from big box stores by suggesting he go somewhere else. Now, as him not being a PP plays in to it, if he is getting denied by, he is free to go and buy as many as he wants, but if he is denied again on a case of mistaken identity (which seems to be what the OP said is whats happening), then having a NICS check at another place will be the SAME check. Changing from box box to non-big box is NOT a guarantee fix for a NICS check denial, as its the same system. Does that make sense to you now?

yes, conflating two issues. The OP said he was DENIED by NICS, not by the store. Im speaking as it applies to the OP, not as it applies to MGNoob's hard-on to take down the big box guys.

I have no hard on to take down the big box stores, ive never bought a firearm from one but have stood at the counter at several times with family and freind and seen this type of stuff happen, which is why i won't buy guns there, if their ammo is cheaper i'll buy it. i have no loyalty to a LGS.

I never implied the NICS is different, now your just making stuff up...what is different is the retard at the box store is slightly more retarded than the guy at the LGS. The box store has policies to discourage sales while most Lgs dont.

I never claimed trying again was a garenteed fix, it may work.if anything it could cause more trouble down the road, and if your a PP and dont know it its a bad idea(op is a virgin supposidly).

Doing anything is better than waiting for 2 years with a thumb in your butt

I have no hard on to take down the big box stores, ive never bought a firearm from one but have stood at the counter at several times with family and freind and seen this type of stuff happen, which is why i won't buy guns there, if their ammo is cheaper i'll buy it. i have no loyalty to a LGS.

I never implied the NICS is different, now your just making stuff up...what is different is the retard at the box store is slightly more retarded than the guy at the LGS. The box store has policies to discourage sales while most Lgs dont.

I never claimed trying again was a garenteed fix, it may work.if anything it could cause more trouble down the road, and if your a PP and dont know it its a bad idea(op is a virgin supposidly).

Doing anything is better than waiting for 2 years with a thumb in your butt

This is what you wrote : Just buy another gun from a real gunstore, not walmart , not dicks, not cabelas.

Everyone always says get a UPIN, how did that workout for you again? Don't worry even if you received one its unlikely it would make a difference.

If its a NICS problem, a "real gun store" versus big box makes zero difference, he could just go to another big box store. If its a store and how they treat a delay policy, then I agree 100%. In this case, since its a NICS issue and not a store policy issue, the stores encouragement or discouragement of firearms sales is irrelevant. Hopefully the OP can get it sorted out because yeah, the UPIN wait time is absolutely brutal.

Its been 2 years, how has getting a upin helped? Everyone thinks getting a upin will solve their problems it won't always. What kills me is the op has a ltc and guns, so it should be a false identification that a upin should help. It just makes me wonder if he was ever truely denied.. if you file an appeal when your weren't denied. I could see them never getting back to you, although the op should have been following up sooner.
I have seen the paperwork to appeal, but i never have so ill differ to your expertise on the process.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom