NJ Ammo Legislation

You better hope this doesn't happen here>>>>>>>>
This bill has passed the NJ Assembly and it going to the Senate. [frown]

The Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee reports favorably and with committee amendments Assembly Bill No. 2602.

Assembly Bill No. 2602, as amended, regulates the sale of ammunition in this State.​

Under the provisions of the amended bill, only individuals who hold and can display a valid firearms purchaser identification card, a certified copy of a permit to purchase a handgun, a valid permit to carry a handgun, a valid New Jersey hunting license, or valid documentation identifying the purchaser as a federal, State or local law enforcement officer authorized to possess a firearm would be permitted to purchase and possess ammunition in this State. The amended bill exempts individuals who hold a valid Collector of Curios and Relics license and purchase ammunition which is recognized as being historical in nature or of historical significance. The amended bill provides that the exemptions which apply to the temporary transfer of firearms also apply to the transfer of ammunition.

A person who sells, transfers, purchases or possesses ammunition in violation of this bill would be guilty of a crime of the fourth degree, which is punishable by a fine of up to $10,000, imprisonment for a term of up to 18 months, or both.

A full text of this bill can be seen at:

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/A3000/2602_R1.PDF

I'm sure the whole "FID/LTC needed to purchase ammunition" in Mass really contributes to Boston's ultra low homicide rate.

Nashmack said:
I'm sure the whole "FID/LTC needed to purchase ammunition" in Mass really contributes to Boston's ultra low homicide rate.

And the ban on mail order reloading components must be working!

It put a serious dent into the crack house reloading operations of the thugs, gang-bangers and homies flooding the streets of Boston with black market ammo.

Read the law carefully. It will not allow even the transfer of ammo to a non-licensed person at a range. It goes well beyond just the purchase of ammo.

It is an attempt to extend restriction of guns in NJ: currently you do not need a states Firearms ID card to own a firearms in NJ (you just need one to buy a long gun, and you need a pistol permit each time you buy a pistol.... normally it takes 3-6 monthe to get each permit issued).

They want to close this loophole by making ammo illegal to own without the card or permit: you can still own a gun but not any ammo unless your local chief of police knows about it and has issued you permission. :(

So glad I got out of NJ.

Can we figure out a way to ban New Jersey? Just make the whole state illegal? Put the whole thing behind bars. No more New Jersey Turnpike. No more gun control. No more toxic waste. No more connected waste disposal companies. No more liberals.

Or if we can't declare the place illegal, how about selling it to the Chinese? Put it on a freighter, and ship it to the commies. Once we finish with NJ, we can do Illinois, southern California, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Maryland. If it's liberal, it's for sale. Cheap.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Back
Top Bottom