NJ LTC - NON RES

USA

So I've searched and read several threads, but they are all dated several years ago. Haven't had any luck through google or USA carry. So looking for some current information and specifically from people who have done it, tried, or know of.

Does anyone have any experience or know of the process for getting a NJ NON Resident permit?

Since my office is based in NJ this would make life very simple. But I'm not holding my breath. I work with a bunch of Pro-gun people and none of them have resident permits.....or they live in PA. We are near Camden so only the law abiding are unarmed.

So I've searched and read several threads, but they are all dated several years ago. Haven't had any luck through google or USA carry. So looking for some current information and specifically from people who have done it, tried, or know of.

Does anyone have any experience or know of the process for getting a NJ NON Resident permit?

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Since my office is based in NJ this would make life very simple. But I'm not holding my breath. I work with a bunch of Pro-gun people and none of them have resident permits.....or they live in PA. We are near Camden so only the law abiding are unarmed.

That is because there are NO RESIDENT PERMITS.

There are only permits for the special, selected class, of which you and anyone you know are not a member. It's really that simple, no matter what the state tries to blow up your a$$.

That is because there are NO RESIDENT PERMITS.

There are only permits for the special, selected class, of which you and anyone you know are not a member. It's really that simple, no matter what the state tries to blow up your a$$.
No kidding, this state has some crazy regulations. Went to Double Nickel brewery yesterday. Was great, but they can't serve food....ok...and they can't play live sports on their tvs. Great bar and beer though.

The no live sports on tv blew my mind. What channel you put a tv on is a state regulation. Every time I go to NJ I feel better about MA, which sucks, but just a very little bit less.

I did apply for it. It's next to impossible if you're not an armored car driver or some kind of security required to carry on the job. Even when I applied they told me I had a snowball's chance in hell of getting it.
On the plus side nearly a year after the denial they mailed back my 20$ application fee, which I don't think they're required to do.

Never Happen ....[rofl2]

I did apply for it. It's next to impossible if you're not an armored car driver or some kind of security required to carry on the job. Even when I applied they told me I had a snowball's chance in hell of getting it.
On the plus side nearly a year after the denial they mailed back my 20$ application fee, which I don't think they're required to do.

You do realize that you must now answer "Yes" to any question on future applications dealing with denials and explain in detail the reason of said denial.

Why in the hell would you even bother????????????????

You do realize that you must now answer "Yes" to any question on future applications dealing with denials and explain in detail the reason of said denial.

Why in the hell would you even bother????????????????

Yea, that's an urban legend as far as I'm concerned until I see proof otherwise. I did indeed disclose this on several non-resident permits and had no issues.
At the time I was hoping for a restricted permit that would have at least allowed possession at my inlaws place and then I could have transported to a nearby range while there.
Of course, they're on a one track mind and weren't having any of that. The whole process was inconsistent to say the least. The state police barracks said you needed an NRA class for training, while the state PD in Trenton (where the app goes next) wants live fire qualification.

Yea, that's an urban legend as far as I'm concerned until I see proof otherwise. I did indeed disclose this on several non-resident permits and had no issues.
At the time I was hoping for a restricted permit that would have at least allowed possession at my inlaws place and then I could have transported to a nearby range while there.
Of course, they're on a one track mind and weren't having any of that. The whole process was inconsistent to say the least. The state police barracks said you needed an NRA class for training, while the state PD in Trenton (where the app goes next) wants live fire qualification.
AFAIK, NJ is either whole hog or nothing. Waste of time applying most of the time, so you screwed yourself for nothing. That sucks.

No such thing. We can't even get CCW here.

There isn't one. It's literally easier to become a sworn LEO (somewhere) and carry quietly under LEOSA in that shithole than it is to get a license there. Nobody gets licenses there.

-Mike

There are famous cases where people from Philly have accidentally crossed the border carrying. NJ will f*** you up. You would do less time shooting your way out of a traffic stop. 3D print one when you get there and melt it later.

I know a couple of people who have NYC carry permits but none with NJ permits. And yes, I saw the permits so I know I was not being bullshat.

Now, wouldn't matter anyway
Carry under official military orders is legal. The commander in chief can issue himself such an order, just like BU president John Silber wrote a letter authorizing himself to carry on campus (got that info straight from his son).

I suspect Don Jr has a NYC permit as well. A friend who has a NYC carry permit is *WAY* less connected than Don Jr. I know one of the vendors at the Shot Show had their booth cleared out so John Jr could oogle EBRs.

Last edited:
www.handgunlaw.us

Click on New Jersey .... Its on a list on the right.

You will find info there including links to the NJ Municipal website pages on Non Resident permits.
I have not looked lately, there is usually a phone number to call the NJ Licensing Department.

Carry under official military orders is legal. The commander in chief can issue himself such an order, ...

I suspect Don Jr has a NYC permit as well. A friend who has a NYC carry permit is *WAY* less connected than Don Jr. I know one of the vendors at the Shot Show had their booth cleared out so John Jr could oogle EBRs.

Hell, Don Imus has a NYC permit.

You'll have better luck getting laid by [insert superstar/model/actress name here] ... NJ is so backwards that Bergen county can't sell Kitchen Appliances on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom