• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No Ammo for COPS?!?

I stopped at my local PD today to inquire on their status. Specifically, if they needed any as I'm going to Cabelas within the next week to pick up some back-ordered items (if the date currently given is true). The PD said they were all set and they can't 'just buy ammo', it has to go through a state approved vendor/purchase system.

[tinfoil]

The same system that the DHS is sucking dry is my bet.

[banana]
Since the PD can't take me up on it, if I see any 5.56 or 9mm or 40 while at Cabelas I will purchase it and throw it out to members (green) here at cost. I will start a thread in the classifieds. No promises - but if I can bring any party favors back, I will distribute 100% of it - I am stocked.

Last edited:
They are going to have to get these crossbow slide conversion kits.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363974495984.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363974495984.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 34
Truth or fiction? DHS buys all the ammo causing shortages among the general population and the PDs. This prevents the thin blue line and the people from fighting back [STRIKE=if]if[/STRIKE] when DHS decides to take over the streets.

We're doomed. [tinfoil]

Wow, you just outfoiled me. I wasn't even thinking that foilish.

I stopped at my local PD today to inquire on their status. Specifically, if they needed any as I'm going to Cabelas within the next week to pick up some back-ordered items (if the date currently given is true). The PD said they were all set and they can't 'just buy ammo', it has to go through a state approved vendor/purchase system.

[tinfoil]

The same system that the DHS is sucking dry is my bet.

[banana]
Since the PD can't take me up on it, if I see any 5.56 or 9mm or 40 while at Cabelas I will purchase it and throw it out to members (green) here at cost. I will start a thread in the classifieds. No promises - but if I can bring any party favors back, I will distribute 100% of it - I am stocked.

Good looking out on your part. Unfortunately we can only use certain rounds per policy. It's a liability thing. Then don't want us putting super killy bullets and then something happens and someones leg falls off. So our Firearms guys are stuck in the bs and have to order certain types. Not sure, but I was under the impression DHS bought up ammo so their guys could still shoot and train. Unfortunately, it leaves the local guys SOL.

I hope this type of headline continues and more attention is shifted to the DHS use of funds to arm itself. I am truly beginning to fear DHS had been re-purposed to focus on domestic citizen control then to protect citizens from external enemies.

DHS was never created with the intention of protecting the US from external bad guys. WTF do you think the CIA and Military were created for? Domestically we have the FBI, so yea. DHS was always intended to grow in power for nefarious reasons. It even comes complete with a "1984" sounding name.

Also, I find it funny that someone was trying to tell everyone that the Billion+ rounds DHS bought was gonna go to local police as well in order to explain the high number. Yea right!

Looks like the cops will be popping off their tazers like Feinstein popping the herpes blisters on her dried up old gash! The only woman in history with a "built in" leather holster. Maybe I should go drop off a big box of hi-cap sewing shears, you know the really killy ones with the big teeth, at the local PD.. Now there is an idea. group buy on scissors then we have them distributed to the local PDs...

Also, I find it funny that someone was trying to tell everyone that the Billion+ rounds DHS bought was gonna go to local police as well in order to explain the high number. Yea right!

Well, it'll probably be used by somebody at the local level. Does that count?

More propaganda,says shotgun ammo on the list of scarce? puh lease!

LOL ridiculous. I called walmart the other day, I know I know, the CS person answered and the conv. went like this.
CS. thanks for calling bla bla.....
ME. sporting goods please.
CS. is this about ammo?
ME yup.
CS. all we have is shotgun shells.
ME. that makes 2 of us.
hang up

that was the super walmart in raynham on a tues. morning. It seems to be shells and .22mag are all anyone has these days. I literally have 100rds of 9mm, which doesn't even fill all my mags, and 1000rds of .22. [crying] That probably wouldn't last me 2hrs at the range. OH BTW I'm not above accepting pity donations [smile]

Thankfully I think I have a line on some ammo at a good price. As it turns out the truck I fixed a few days ago is owned by a FFL. He has a nice little out of the way shop that not too many people know about. I thought for sure it had been picked clean by the locals so I never went by. According to him he has "any ammo I need". I'll be heading over this weekend. If it turns out to be a goldmine, and has decent pricing, I'll post the location and name. After I get mine...[smile]

LOL ridiculous. I called walmart the other day, I know I know, the CS person answered and the conv. went like this.
CS. thanks for calling bla bla.....
ME. sporting goods please.
CS. is this about ammo?
ME yup.
CS. all we have is shotgun shells.
ME. that makes 2 of us.
hang up

that was the super walmart in raynham on a tues. morning. It seems to be shells and .22mag are all anyone has these days. I literally have 100rds of 9mm, which doesn't even fill all my mags, and 1000rds of .22. [crying] That probably wouldn't last me 2hrs at the range. OH BTW I'm not above accepting pity donations [smile]

Thankfully I think I have a line on some ammo at a good price. As it turns out the truck I fixed a few days ago is owned by a FFL. He has a nice little out of the way shop that not too many people know about. I thought for sure it had been picked clean by the locals so I never went by. According to him he has "any ammo I need". I'll be heading over this weekend. If it turns out to be a goldmine, and has decent pricing, I'll post the location and name. After I get mine...[smile]

If its The village gunsmith in Dartmouth, he has a good selection at fair prices.

I felt like I hit the lottery today. A buddy went to Bass Pro this morning while I was at work. I told him to call when he was there to see what they had. They had 5 boxes of 9mm left for $15 ea., so he grabbed them for me.

Back
Top Bottom