• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No gun for PA Trooper

Not the same thing at all, but there was a resident of Watertown, who was a cop in an other town, that was denied an unrestricted LTC.

There is an ancient thread about it here, somewhere.

yeah, like to see the dashcam on his traffic stops!

You know I'm the last one to defend cops, but he was institutionalized for depression, not some rage disorder, so the only one, theoretically, really in danger is himself.

The really ****ed up thing here is that someone deemed fine by doctors can no longer own firearms imo. I realize there's a whole lot of "some more equal than others" and crap at work here, but this is the real problem.

Last edited:
Depression and psychosis are different diagnostic codes.

I agree completely, however psychosis can certainly be a symptom of extreme depression.

From Wikipedia: Psychosis: a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a "loss of contact with reality"

Once you pass into the realm of being involuntarily institutionalized like this specific LEO it absolutely indicates psychosis. This is why the Feds prohibit firearms for anybody with a history of being involuntarily institutionalized.

Should they give him back his job as a LEO? absolutely. Sit him at a desk and leave him be.
Should they give him a gun? Hell no!

Back
Top Bottom