No gun for PA Trooper

wtf!!!!!

He's allowed to carry on duty but not cause there worried he might off him self¿
Dose putting the badge on make him more mental fit?

Makes the statement suicide by cop to a new level...

let me get this straight; he can't carry a gun on off days, but is allowed to do so for work? So they are magically determining that he won't go bananas & shoot people while on duty, but he may go bananas off duty? Logical. Liberals make so much sense.

this should go over very well if he ever had to justifiably defend himself while on duty. Victims family & scumbag ambulance chaser would be all over this ruling.

"well your honor, they said he was unfit to carry while off duty...."

this should go over very well if he ever had to justifiably defend himself while on duty. Victims family & scumbag ambulance chaser would be all over this ruling.

"well your honor, they said he was unfit to carry while off duty...."

I was wondering this too... but if the court system decided he was fit to carry on duty, then the court system decided he's fit to carry while on duty. The appeal was denied, so thats what the court decided.

Many police agencies in other countries make cops turn their pistols into the armory at the end of the shift.

Messed up. Either he's better and should have a gun, or he isn't and shouldn't be a trooper.

Hope this goes all the way to the Supreme Court. Could be an opportunity to challenge the 1968 Gun Control Act. Hmmmmmm.

LMK if they persue this and then we can get a KickStarter campaign going.

There was a case in Ashland where a Sgt with a disqualification (forgot it was a 209A or just his LTC revocation for unsuitability) was able to carry on duty but not off duty. Last I heard he got his LTC back, but I suspect the recent felony indictment may have cost him the LTC.

Pretty much all angles of this story are messed up.

First, either he is or he isn't able to have firearms. What the hell does who you are employed by have anything to do with this determination?

Second the determination itself, that he cannot have a firearm when off duty. The 2nd Amendment only applies to a small class of people??? WTF???

Third, the fact that he was determined to not be allowed to have a firearm in a personal capacity, because of MENTAL health issues, yet is still being employed as a peace officer WITH a firearm. WTF???

But don't worry guys, our courts, and are policing system, top notch, totally fair, and most importantly, very sensible.

There was a case in Ashland where a Sgt with a disqualification (forgot it was a 209A or just his LTC revocation for unsuitability) was able to carry on duty but not off duty. Last I heard he got his LTC back, but I suspect the recent felony indictment may have cost him the LTC.

Felony indictment? Nice. You would have thought he was a Waltham cop.

[thinking]

Agree.........this makes absolutely zero sense............Keyes' involuntary mental health commitment constitutes an unsurmountable legal barrier to his ability to possess a gun while off duty.

It would seem that his involuntary mental health only appears off duty. Just freakin bizarre.

Unbelievable. How would you like to be alone on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere with this guy???

I wouldn't want to be in that situation with ANY police officer.

This case is less about the man's "mental fitness" and more about the seemingly arbitrary manner in which laws are applied to those that serve us.

It's a testament to police union power that he got his trooper job back with full duties but he would fail a background check to buy a gun at a FFL once he checked the box on the form noting that he had been involuntarily committed to a mental health facility.

This will be the keys to the state for someone or thier next of kin if this guys involved in a shooting.
What about the guys that have to work with him too?
He doesn't sound like the guy i'd want going through the door behind me! [shocked]

What I find interesting is that according to the story, "his mental health doctor gave him clearance to go back to work" and the Judge basically overuled the doctor. Will this Judge's reasoning down the road affect Mass. law where if you get a phycian's affidavit saying you are now okay, a Judge will overule that?

Back
Top Bottom