• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No Guns For Pot Smokers

Reefer Madness Part 2

Meh - even I don't buy this and I'm firmly against weed.

I do think that more people are insane than ever before, in fact it seems to be encouraged so that even if people aren't crazy, they act like it to fit in.
I also think that more people are doing marijuanas because it's easier to get and not as illegal as before.

I don't think they're related at all. There's more likelihood that my theory of excessive water consumption causes insanity than doing pots.

Meh - even I don't buy this and I'm firmly against weed.

I do think that more people are insane than ever before, in fact it seems to be encouraged so that even if people aren't crazy, they act like it to fit in.
I also think that more people are doing marijuanas because it's easier to get and not as illegal as before.

I don't think they're related at all. There's more likelihood that my theory of excessive water consumption causes insanity than doing pots.
More people are using weed but less are using it habitually. Stoner culture is dead and that's a good thing.

”The percentage of motor-vehicle crash fatalities involving cannabis rose to 21.5% in 2018 from 9% in 2000, according to a 2021 study in the American Journal of Public Health.”

The percentage of people who survey as having used cannabis in the last year increased from 43.5% to 52.5% 2018-2021, so if use was unrelated to traffic fatalities, you’d expect more postmortem blood tests to show such an increase regardless of cause of unintentional death.

I once saw an intriguing headline stating that using illegal drugs lead to lead poisoning, but was disappointed that the article was about contamination of the illicit supply and pot metal vapes.

The percentage of people who survey as having used cannabis in the last year increased from 43.5% to 52.5% 2018-2021, so if use was unrelated to traffic fatalities, you’d expect more postmortem blood tests to show such an increase regardless of cause of unintentional death.
It'd be interesting to see per-drug statistics for postmortem drug screening, nationwide and regionally.

There was a period around the late 80s through 1990's where NYC reported that these tests showed between a third and half of homicide victims tested positive for cocaine (metabolites), and only slightly lower across the total cadre of untimely deaths in NYC. I thought this was odd, so I asked around, and the best guess I heard for causation was "cokeheads are dicks to everybody; of course they got themselves shot"

While I'd expect using marijuana would have the opposite effect, the few studies I could find showed a slight positive correlation -- homicide victims are about as likely to use pot as their peers (the slightly higher rate perhaps being related to THC's inhibition of impulse control?).

"More Teens Suffering from Depression and Pyschosis are Self-Medicating with Marijuana"

Fixed it.
The article is paywalled, but your headline would seem to make more sense. I've known plenty of people who have smoked marijuana for decades with no ill effects. As it has become legal in states, many have transitioned to non-smoking options such as edibles or tinctures to suit their needs/desires. Others have continued to smoke it. None have developed any type of psychosis. Instead, I'd wager that many of these teens are trying to hide their psychosis through the use of marijuana and other drugs. It's like the whole argument of SSRIs causing school shootings. The kids taking SSRIs are doing so because there is already something wrong with them mentally. The drugs they're taking for their mental illness isn't causing their mental illness, the mental illness predates the drug use.

The drugs they're taking for their mental illness isn't causing their mental illness, the mental illness predates the drug use.

Fluoxetine (Prozac) side effects

1. Hives, itching, skin rash
  2. inability to sit still
  3. restlessness

Less common​

1. Chills or fever
  2. joint or muscle pain

Rare​

1. Anxiety
  2. cold sweats
  3. confusion
  4. cool pale skin
  5. diarrhea
  6. difficulty with concentration
  7. drowsiness
  8. dryness of the mouth
  9. excessive hunger
  10. fast or irregular heartbeat
  11. headache
  12. increased sweating
  13. increased thirst
  14. lack of energy
  15. mood or behavior changes
  16. overactive reflexes
  17. purple or red spots on the skin
  18. racing heartbeat
  19. seizures
  20. shakiness or unsteady walk
  21. shivering or shaking
  22. talking, feeling, and acting with excitement and activity you cannot control
  23. trouble with breathing
  24. unusual or incomplete body or facial movements
  25. unusual tiredness or weakness

Incidence not known​

1. Agitation
  2. back or leg pains
  3. bleeding gums
  4. blindness
  5. blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
  6. bloating
  7. blood in the urine or stools
  8. bloody, black or tarry stools
  9. blue-yellow color blindness
  10. blurred vision
  11. chest pain, discomfort, or tightness
  12. clay-colored stools
  13. constipation
  14. continuing vomiting
  15. cough or dry cough
  16. dark urine
  17. decreased interest in sexual intercourse
  18. decreased urine output
  19. decreased vision
  20. delayed or inability to have an orgasm
  21. depression
  22. difficulty with swallowing
  23. dizziness or lightheadedness
  24. eye pain
  25. fainting
  26. fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
  27. general body swelling
  28. high fever
  29. hostility
  30. inability to have or keep an erection
  31. indigestion
  32. irregular or slow heart rate
  33. irritability
  34. large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
  35. light-colored stools
  36. loss in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
  37. loss of appetite
  38. loss of bladder control
  39. muscle twitching
  40. nausea
  41. nightmares
  42. no blood pressure or pulse
  43. noisy breathing
  44. nosebleeds
  45. pain in the ankles or knees
  46. painful, red lumps under the skin, mostly on the legs
  47. painful or prolonged erection of the penis
  48. pains in the stomach, side, or abdomen, possibly radiating to the back
  49. pinpoint red spots on the skin
  50. puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
  51. rapid weight gain
  52. red or irritated eyes
  53. red skin lesions, often with a purple center
  54. redness, tenderness, itching, burning, or peeling of the skin
  55. severe muscle stiffness
  56. severe sleepiness
  57. slurred speech
  58. sore throat
  59. sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
  60. stomach pain
  61. stopping of heart
  62. sudden weakness in the arms or legs
  63. sudden, severe chest pain
  64. swelling of the face, ankles, or hands
  65. swollen or painful glands
  66. thoughts of killing oneself
  67. tiredness
  68. twitching, twisting, or uncontrolled repetitive movements of the tongue, lips, face, arms, or legs
  69. unconsciousness
  70. unpleasant breath odor
  71. unusual bleeding or bruising
  72. unusual drowsiness, dullness, tiredness, weakness, or feeling of sluggishness
  73. unusually pale skin
  74. use of extreme physical or emotional force
  75. vomiting of blood
  76. yellow eyes or skin

It's like the whole argument of SSRIs causing school shootings. The kids taking SSRIs are doing so because there is already something wrong with them mentally. The drugs they're taking for their mental illness isn't causing their mental illness, the mental illness predates the drug use.
In the case of antidepressants (inc. SSRIs), there is a plausible argument that they trigger already crazy people to go on sprees (or just commit suicide). Two of the proposed mechanisms are initial dosage problems (e.g. SSRIs causing manic behavior) and withdrawal.

The victim pressured Bryn Spejcher, not a regular user of THC, to take multiple hits -- she then stapped him +100 times:

I once saw an intriguing headline stating that using illegal drugs lead to lead poisoning, but was disappointed that the article was about contamination of the illicit supply and pot metal vapes.

It'd be interesting to see per-drug statistics for postmortem drug screening, nationwide and regionally.

There was a period around the late 80s through 1990's where NYC reported that these tests showed between a third and half of homicide victims tested positive for cocaine (metabolites), and only slightly lower across the total cadre of untimely deaths in NYC. I thought this was odd, so I asked around, and the best guess I heard for causation was "cokeheads are dicks to everybody; of course they got themselves shot"

While I'd expect using marijuana would have the opposite effect, the few studies I could find showed a slight positive correlation -- homicide victims are about as likely to use pot as their peers (the slightly higher rate perhaps being related to THC's inhibition of impulse control?).

Were the deceased stoners more rotund than the coke heads?

In the case of antidepressants (inc. SSRIs), there is a plausible argument that they trigger already crazy people to go on sprees (or just commit suicide). Two of the proposed mechanisms are initial dosage problems (e.g. SSRIs causing manic behavior) and withdrawal.

The victim pressured Bryn Spejcher, not a regular user of THC, to take multiple hits -- she then stapped him +100 times:

1707260989434.png

The marks on her skin. Would those be simple bad skin, wounds received in battle killing her friend, or drug picking, do you suppose?

Fluoxetine (Prozac) side effects

1. Hives, itching, skin rash
  2. inability to sit still
  3. restlessness

Less common​

1. Chills or fever
  2. joint or muscle pain

Rare​

1. Anxiety
  2. cold sweats
  3. confusion
  4. cool pale skin
  5. diarrhea
  6. difficulty with concentration
  7. drowsiness
  8. dryness of the mouth
  9. excessive hunger
  10. fast or irregular heartbeat
  11. headache
  12. increased sweating
  13. increased thirst
  14. lack of energy
  15. mood or behavior changes
  16. overactive reflexes
  17. purple or red spots on the skin
  18. racing heartbeat
  19. seizures
  20. shakiness or unsteady walk
  21. shivering or shaking
  22. talking, feeling, and acting with excitement and activity you cannot control
  23. trouble with breathing
  24. unusual or incomplete body or facial movements
  25. unusual tiredness or weakness

Incidence not known​

1. Agitation
  2. back or leg pains
  3. bleeding gums
  4. blindness
  5. blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
  6. bloating
  7. blood in the urine or stools
  8. bloody, black or tarry stools
  9. blue-yellow color blindness
  10. blurred vision
  11. chest pain, discomfort, or tightness
  12. clay-colored stools
  13. constipation
  14. continuing vomiting
  15. cough or dry cough
  16. dark urine
  17. decreased interest in sexual intercourse
  18. decreased urine output
  19. decreased vision
  20. delayed or inability to have an orgasm
  21. depression
  22. difficulty with swallowing
  23. dizziness or lightheadedness
  24. eye pain
  25. fainting
  26. fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
  27. general body swelling
  28. high fever
  29. hostility
  30. inability to have or keep an erection
  31. indigestion
  32. irregular or slow heart rate
  33. irritability
  34. large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
  35. light-colored stools
  36. loss in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
  37. loss of appetite
  38. loss of bladder control
  39. muscle twitching
  40. nausea
  41. nightmares
  42. no blood pressure or pulse
  43. noisy breathing
  44. nosebleeds
  45. pain in the ankles or knees
  46. painful, red lumps under the skin, mostly on the legs
  47. painful or prolonged erection of the penis
  48. pains in the stomach, side, or abdomen, possibly radiating to the back
  49. pinpoint red spots on the skin
  50. puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
  51. rapid weight gain
  52. red or irritated eyes
  53. red skin lesions, often with a purple center
  54. redness, tenderness, itching, burning, or peeling of the skin
  55. severe muscle stiffness
  56. severe sleepiness
  57. slurred speech
  58. sore throat
  59. sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
  60. stomach pain
  61. stopping of heart
  62. sudden weakness in the arms or legs
  63. sudden, severe chest pain
  64. swelling of the face, ankles, or hands
  65. swollen or painful glands
  66. thoughts of killing oneself
  67. tiredness
  68. twitching, twisting, or uncontrolled repetitive movements of the tongue, lips, face, arms, or legs
  69. unconsciousness
  70. unpleasant breath odor
  71. unusual bleeding or bruising
  72. unusual drowsiness, dullness, tiredness, weakness, or feeling of sluggishness
  73. unusually pale skin
  74. use of extreme physical or emotional force
  75. vomiting of blood
  76. yellow eyes or skin
How people still trust the pharmaceutical industry is beyond me

View attachment 847596

The marks on her skin. Would those be simple bad skin, wounds received in battle killing her friend, or drug picking, do you suppose?
RTFA -- after stabbing her BF to death, Bryn turned the blade on herself, cut her own jugular.

If she was playing a part, cutting her own throat was really taking the role to heart!

RTFA -- after stabbing her BF to death, Bryn turned the blade on herself, cut her own jugular.

If she was playing a part, cutting her own throat was really taking the role to heart!

Taking it to heart would have involved a chest wound, I suspect.

I'm skeptical she was able to stab the BF to death and couldn't manage to take herself out. She wasn't really trying. Anh... There's always next time.

View attachment 847596

I grew up in group homes and foster care. There's people that pick as a coping mechanism. Especially women. Most of them can be taught to rock back and fourth or chew on ice cubes instead. It's a learned behavior, stress-response self harm kind of deal, the need to have control over something, not unlike bulimia or cutting.

Those are some CRAZY eyes btw. See how you can see a lot of white under them? This is someone who NEEDS control. Very extrovert and animated. Probably psychopathic.

Back
Top Bottom