No Guns For Pot Smokers

The back of your license gets scanned on the way in and they check it again when you make your purchase. To my knowledge the scan is to verify your age and they don't take any other info. They don't input anything into a computer or take an image of the front.
I believe that is correct. I was told by a guy one day that they also confirm you did not buy over an ounce that same day.
I have no idea if he was blowing smoke up my ass or not.
An oz of OTC weed has to be near 500 bucks??? Anybody know?

That aside I do believe the information is stored somewhere. 😂

The back of your license gets scanned on the way in and they check it again when you make your purchase. To my knowledge the scan is to verify your age and they don't take any other info. They don't input anything into a computer or take an image of the front.

I believe that is correct. I was told by a guy one day that they also confirm you did not buy over an ounce that same day.

They have to store the data if they are determining how much you bought in a single day. If I go to pot shop #1 and buy an ounce then i got to pot shop #2 and try to buy more and they reject me then you know it is in a computer someplace.

The reader captures data from the license, sends it to a program on a computer which then queries a database. That database is NOT maintained by the dispensary.

The database maintainers, with their neverending source of income, would call it a trivial task to either update the database with all queries from X vendors or create a second database that stores the same query log. At that point, Maura would then have a nice PowerPoint presentation sent to her weekly, monthly, whatever, showing the number of people from a database holding an LTC that visited one of those vendors.

I will not be visiting any of these shops in a manner that would require my license to be scanned.

More on topic, it is interesting that Nikki Fried is the one going after the Biden admin for this.

They have to store the data if they are determining how much you bought in a single day. If I go to pot shop #1 and buy an ounce then i got to pot shop #2 and try to buy more and they reject me then you know it is in a computer someplace.
My source was a pot store worker I met so I asked him straight up. He was already baked so who knows.

My source was a pot store worker I met so I asked him straight up. He was already baked so who knows.

I don't doubt you. The pot shops are not storing the data but whoever is on the other end could be or storing logs of the activity. Those are the people who I don't trust and wouldn't put it above them to lie.

I believe you may be missing the point. Medical marijuana may not be legal in some states but it IS legal in a majority of them. Those people who live in states where medical pot is legal are losing their rights to carry or own a firearm under the COTUS. That's wrong, it's unconstitutional and Biden can't do that!!
They are also losing jobs. Employers that drug test employees are firing anyone who fails a drug test even if the positive test is a result of federally legal CBD products.
My son is an expert at passing a pre-employment drug test. :D

I do not go to these shops as a customer but in my career field I am in them a lot. That info gets transmitted to the state and there is a database of all id's used at the shops. Very easy to cross reference LTC's against this list. Just a matter of time until it is used.

This little bleep out of Biden is probably going to have the opposite effect.. Somebody told him people that own guns are in a monolithic group, IOW, Trump supporters...Make it federally legal, then it doesn't matter what FJB thinks.

My son thinks that if the next Republican President makes it legal, the Republicans will never lose an election. I just don't see it as that big an issue, but I'm an old guy.
I am in the same mindset, if Republicans let people marry whatever they want, push aside abortion and make weed legal they would never lose another election lol

I do not go to these shops as a customer but in my career field I am in them a lot. That info gets transmitted to the state and there is a database of all id's used at the shops. Very easy to cross reference LTC's against this list. Just a matter of time until it is used.

"I was in the shop buying some weed for my friend, I don't use it."

The question doesn't ask whether or not you have ever bought weed or drugs, it asks if you are a user :)

That's a big IF. I do not believe they are doing that. Everything I have read is that the pot companies are not storing data and that the scan on the back is nothing more than validating the birthday similar to the way lottery vending machines do when they scan the back of the license to verify your age.

MA limits individual purchases to 1oz and possession up to 10oz in your home (you can only carry 1oz on your person). You can also gift 1oz to someone over 18. I can't find anywhere that says you can't purchase more than 1oz per day, only that individual purchases are limited to 1oz.

They scan your license at the door, that basically proves you were in the building IF they actually keep the personal data. They don't scan your license again when you purchase the product so how would anyone know how much you purchased if you used cash?

Ok, so they know you went to the shop, that doesn't mean you bought something there. They scan when you enter, they don't scan when you purchase and sometimes you'll see more than one person enter the shop together and not everyone buys something. Could they go to video surveillance to find out if you actually purchased something? I suppose. Interesting how many people that buy pot still wear masks, some even wear hats too. So, lets assume they can determine that you were in the building AND that you made a purchase. Can they prove that you actually used it without a drug test? It is legal to gift up to an ounce to someone else.

Some of you have faith the data is not currently being stored and they can't prove jack even if you were in the store. When it comes to Big Brother or in case of Maura, Big Sister, I have no faith and don't trust them at all. If one were to suppose I wanted to get my hands on some product I am pretty sure I could find someone to make a purchase and "gift" it to me.

Weird that the Dems are for legalization but the DOJ, staffed with Dems , is against it. Pretty sure there are multiple bills being drafted to do just that...

They don't like change. If it's about change, they don't want it. Even if it's a good idea. "We're going to switch to Charmin in the employee bathrooms." "You can't do that. We're suing to make you keep sandpaper Scotts!"

That right there is ironic. President Choom Gang refusing to decriminalize Marijuana at the federal level.

My guess, and it's just this, is that it doesn't poll all that well.

My son thinks that if the next Republican President makes it legal, the Republicans will never lose an election. I just don't see it as that big an issue, but I'm an old guy.

I agree it would certainly help. I never got why Trumpy didn't bother. This and immigration. The Republicans could have a field day by making sweeping changes in both places. Cement a decade or more of support. Of course, a whole lotta you would get all pissy. LOL

That's $50 extra.

And if you shop sales, you can get an ounce of weed for $125. My trainer is a SERIOUS pot-head. The stuff I learn. LOL

The reader captures data from the license, sends it to a program on a computer which then queries a database. That database is NOT maintained by the dispensary.

The database maintainers, with their neverending source of income, would call it a trivial task to either update the database with all queries from X vendors or create a second database that stores the same query log. At that point, Maura would then have a nice PowerPoint presentation sent to her weekly, monthly, whatever, showing the number of people from a database holding an LTC that visited one of those vendors.

I will not be visiting any of these shops in a manner that would require my license to be scanned.

More on topic, it is interesting that Nikki Fried is the one going after the Biden admin for this.

Yep, and knowing this state it's only a matter of time before a COP starts using that DB to determine suitability.

Unlike Sudafed, the one ounce limit as enforced on the stores is that no individual store can sell to the same customer, there is no requirement that the stores collude in that way.

That said, there are chains of stores where the daily purchase limit is enforced centrally, across all the stores within that corporation.

One such chain also makes the following claim:
HappyValley said:
. The scanning system is used to verify that your ID is accurate and to provide your name and DOB (to ensure that you are 21 years of age minimum) to our POS. We do not share information with law enforcement or government agencies without a warrant. Our system is not connected to an outside network, nor do we transfer any personal information at any time.

. That info gets transmitted to the state and there is a database of all id's used at the shops. Very easy to cross reference LTC's against this list. Just a matter of time until it is used.
I don't see anything in 935 CMR 500.140(2) requiring "That info gets transmitted to the state". The only exception being holders of medical cards.

Or are you saying there is a constant stream of sealed warrants to HappyValley ordering them to turn over their complete daily take of ID scans from recreational buyers?

Yep, and knowing this state it's only a matter of time before a COP starts using that DB to determine suitability.
Some shops (see above) do everything in-house, some outsource the ID scan+validation to a cloud service, none admit to maintaining a running multi-day database of buyers identities.

Hats off to Gas Pump Lady for suing these pricks though. Broken clock..... etc
download.jpg
She's done 2 good things this year.

-Gave raise to FL Forest Rangers who were being paid $15 an hour and hadnt seen any raises for about a decade
-Sued whoever about medical marijuana

Good to see her doing something useful for once. She's normally a pain in the ass.

Some shops (see above) do everything in-house, some outsource the ID scan+validation to a cloud service, none admit to maintaining a running multi-day database of buyers identities.

They are not lying if they do not maintain the database.

Who is providing the shops that are validating ID with the software that is used to validate IDs? How is that software kept up to date?

I’ve driven by many, many stores as up here in Maine it’s as easy as buying a six pack.
All kinds of people are around. It’s not just stoners. Business men, elderly, young, middle aged, driving shit boxes or MB’s and everything in between.
Both at rec and med use only stores.

I know a girl with MS and pot she grows is her medicine. She travels all over helping people with their med greenery being grown professionally.
I’ve watched a retired friend with CBD oil (not the gas station crap) remain pain free. He was an ICU nurse who could have got any drug he wanted from the Drs he worked with. Doesn’t like the Rx crap.

Answer me this. When you buy a drug thru the pharmacy does it come with a certified content of what the jar contains? Reefer does. Sure they have “other controls” but was it made in China or up the street and tested by an independent lab?

While trying to spare us from the bullshit minutia of 'ITS TECHNICALLY ILLEGAL1111" is anyone aware of a recent case where a legal (state wise) pot user was beat up by the ATF?

I was thinking of Joe Rogan. Joe Rogan smokes pot on his show. He also owns guns. And the ATF aint hunting him down. So is this actually be enforced or just the (justified) worry that it could someday be enforced?

While trying to spare us from the bullshit minutia of 'ITS TECHNICALLY ILLEGAL1111" is anyone aware of a recent case where a legal (state wise) pot user was beat up by the ATF?

I was thinking of Joe Rogan. Joe Rogan smokes pot on his show. He also owns guns. And the ATF aint hunting him down. So is this actually be enforced or just the (justified) worry that it could someday be enforced?
I will pick a public person but I am sure you have norms as well
Firearms and weed and the federal government.
2018-2019. ended with prison time and a federal prohibited person
United_States_v_Myers

I assume the only reason they "picked" him is the firearms

I will pick a public person but I am sure you have norms as well
Firearms and weed and the federal government.
2018-2019. ended with prison time and a federal prohibited person
United_States_v_Myers

I assume the only reason they "picked" him is the firearms
Ah yes, FPS Russia.

He had a lot of heat on him from the AFT though.

...let me rephrase... are there any "normal" people whove been brought down?

Do you have to show your id when buying (legally!) in Commichusetts at one of our many recreational dispensaries? Do they keep a record of said id? I won't even drive into a parking lot incase our head carpet eater decided to use that again me/us. As for the main topic here....same story different day....or hour at the rate the swamp is churning out $hit....disarm, disarm, disarm.
I have a friend ( no not me I have never smoked and I’m 49)
He goes to the dispensary probably once a month and has had his license for the past five years

Back
Top Bottom