No Guns For Pot Smokers

There's a little sliver of truth. Isn't a harmful drug but those who react poorly get paranoid and can be very uncomfortable, jumpy.
In all my years I've never heard this as a serious thought. And though I'm a more or less innocent, I keep company with gypsies, tramps and thieves...

I scrutinize anything I "pop" within reason and do at times reject what a doctor wants me to take, ie a cholesterol med makes it feel like I've got arthritis - no thanks.

Yes it works for some. Yes I think it ought to be prescribeable universally. But if my doctor insisted on me taking edibles to combat pain or anxiety, I'd explain I'm very well aware they make either worse for me as that's the truth - and I don't function well on even a low dose...

As a sleep aid or hey let's take an edible, watch a movie over dinner, that's great occasionally. It can have it's use for me. Giving a presentation at work? Oh phuck no - but a couple drinks if I got the jitters does help assure I nail it.

No, weed isn't for everyone. Anyone that's been around it knows that. People freak out all the time after a low 5mg dose of the highly refined edibles we have today. It's one of those drugs where for one person it's calming, another it causes anxiety and worse. Isn't a straight forward universal pain killer like an opioid or something that is universally calming like say Xanax. That's probably why it's been an uphill battle.
You are dead wrong. The advice you have been given is bad.

I never said that either. Just that it doesn't work the same for everyone.

My experience - usually the people who really like weed, because it works for them, do not get into other hard drugs. Sure they may drink but more likely so in moderation. I've met plenty who don't drink a drop, with some explanation of why they don't that is probably as equally odd to me as them, when I explain I don't enjoy weed socially.

Powder cocain is still huge in certain circles, those folks tend to drink (not so much in moderation) and will usually pass on weed. Literally like someone taking shots of tequila and snorting a bunch of crap up their nose might say no to a joint and explain the stuff makes them paranoid and causes chest pain. Equally as hard to understand. But that doesn't mean there's nothing to it.

It'd be an interesting study. You have to think it's a chemistry thing.
Get off the soap box. Respectfully.

I never said that either. Just that it doesn't work the same for everyone.

My experience - usually the people who really like weed, because it works for them, do not get into other hard drugs. Sure they may drink but more likely so in moderation. I've met plenty who don't drink a drop, with some explanation of why they don't that is probably as equally odd to me as them, when I explain I don't enjoy weed socially.

Powder cocain is still huge in certain circles, those folks tend to drink (not so much in moderation) and will usually pass on weed. Literally like someone taking shots of tequila and snorting a bunch of crap up their nose might say no to a joint and explain the stuff makes them paranoid and causes chest pain. Equally as hard to understand. But that doesn't mean there's nothing to it.

It'd be an interesting study. You have to think it's a chemistry thing.
Yeah... people who do coke & other hard drugs want a rush, weed gives the opposite of a rush ergo its not surprising that coke/crack/meth heads don't like weed. It has nothing do to with it making them paranoid or chest pain (really?? lmfao). They want a rush, not a mellow high so if course they're going to avoid weed. Seriously, maybe YOU don't like what weed does to YOU but millions upon millions of people would disagree with you. And yeah, I had a really bad experience one time when I overdid edibles during cancer treatment and edibles are quite a bit different but overall weed isn't anything like you're making it out to be.

I also have an arrhythmia, VTAC which is one of the deadly ones - it's the one that got Len Bias and gets the coke/crack users. It's also prevalent in adult male athletes that don't do drugs, when you see so and so clean cut HS athlete collapsed on the field/court, that's usually the one. I have had a couple of procedures & it's controlled w/ meds, haven't had an episode in over a decade but not once when I have presented at the hospital have I been asked if I did weed. They always ask about coke/crack/meth and have even tested me to rule things out.

We get it, weed makes you paranoid. I thought I was going to stop breathing if I fell asleep when I overdid the edibles, also thought I was going to pee myself if I fell asleep. Neither happened. Yes, we know that there are some strains that don't mellow you but give you a creative burst. But most of what you're posting is BS based on your dislike of it. If you have someone who has severe developmental delays and is on antipsychotics due to serious self injurious behaviors, there's nothing weed will do to exacerbate that. It won't cure it either, to be sure but JFC you're making weed into something it's not.

Yeah... people who do coke & other hard drugs want a rush, weed gives the opposite of a rush ergo its not surprising that coke/crack/meth heads don't like weed. It has nothing do to with it making them paranoid or chest pain (really?? lmfao). They want a rush, not a mellow high so if course they're going to avoid weed. Seriously, maybe YOU don't like what weed does to YOU but millions upon millions of people would disagree with you. And yeah, I had a really bad experience one time when I overdid edibles during cancer treatment and edibles are quite a bit different but overall weed isn't anything like you're making it out to be.

I also have an arrhythmia, VTAC which is one of the deadly ones - it's the one that got Len Bias and gets the coke/crack users. It's also prevalent in adult male athletes that don't do drugs, when you see so and so clean cut HS athlete collapsed on the field/court, that's usually the one. I have had a couple of procedures & it's controlled w/ meds, haven't had an episode in over a decade but not once when I have presented at the hospital have I been asked if I did weed. They always ask about coke/crack/meth and have even tested me to rule things out.

We get it, weed makes you paranoid. I thought I was going to stop breathing if I fell asleep when I overdid the edibles, also thought I was going to pee myself if I fell asleep. Neither happened. Yes, we know that there are some strains that don't mellow you but give you a creative burst. But most of what you're posting is BS based on your dislike of it. If you have someone who has severe developmental delays and is on antipsychotics due to serious self injurious behaviors, there's nothing weed will do to exacerbate that. It won't cure it either, to be sure but JFC you're making weed into something it's not.

If you really looked at the population it's probably 50/50. Some love it, some hate it, some meh it's good now and then. I'm the latter. Absolutely a heavy feeling in one's chest is a potential effect - people interpret that all different ways.

No its not dangerous but it makes some people, a significant number of people, uncomfortable. No nobody is more likely to hurt themselves due to weed, never said that, only said it doesn't universally help with pain or anxiety. It does cause anxiety for plenty of people, that's well known.

The hard drugs part. Really the typical powder cocain person basically likes to drink too much. It's used more to counteract the bad side of drinking - drunk yet functioning well and not sloppy. Most of those folks hold good jobs, make good $$, wouldn't be guessed as having a drug problem either, and would scoff at meth or crack as not socially acceptable. Same shit really. Booze, weed, cocain, all just "drugs" if used recreationally, with varying risks (with weed being the least harmful, if eaten anyway).

Reading this post really makes me realize my social life is zilch.

I honestly don’t know anyone that I’m on conversation terms with that does drugs. Most people I hang with don’t even drink or smoke. When I was younger, I was a world class drunk and two pack a day man, but even then I didn’t know many druggies.

When I start to think about just how many people take drugs I’m shocked, honestly.

If you really looked at the population it's probably 50/50. Some love it, some hate it, some meh it's good now and then. I'm the latter. Absolutely a heavy feeling in one's chest is a potential effect - people interpret that all different ways.

No its not dangerous but it makes some people, a significant number of people, uncomfortable. No nobody is more likely to hurt themselves due to weed, never said that, only said it doesn't universally help with pain or anxiety. It does cause anxiety for plenty of people, that's well known.

The hard drugs part. Really the typical powder cocain person basically likes to drink too much. It's used more to counteract the bad side of drinking - drunk yet functioning well and not sloppy. Most of those folks hold good jobs, make good $$, wouldn't be guessed as having a drug problem either, and would scoff at meth or crack as not socially acceptable. Same shit really. Booze, weed, cocain, all just "drugs" if used recreationally, with varying risks (with weed being the least harmful, if eaten anyway).

WE GET IT. YOU WANT TO BAN STUFF FOR OTHER PEOPLE, FOR THEIR OWN GOOD. SHUT UP ALREADY...

Just don't smoke it if you don't want to. Stop sermonizing. You sound like a democrat or something.

Massachusetts general laws chapter 40 section 3.

Farmers friend. Use it to get rid of those regulations.
Thank you for that post, that’s an interesting..

We’re getting screwed either way. Laws apply to me apparently…

I don’t like referring to myself as disabled..
All I need is two bottles of pills I don’t care what name they go by and I’ll be fine. I keep saying I go down and talk to the doctor but I f***ing hate that

WE GET IT. YOU WANT TO BAN STUFF FOR OTHER PEOPLE, FOR THEIR OWN GOOD. SHUT UP ALREADY...

Just don't smoke it if you don't want to. Stop sermonizing. You sound like a democrat or something.

Dude if you actually read what I wrote - I don't think drugs should be illegal at all. If it was up to be they'd sell weed, coke, whatever, at the same place you bought your booze...

There is no judgement from me about that, what people use - at the same time I don't differentiate between a "pot head", "coke head", alcoholic, etc. If you abuse drugs you got issues. If you use whatever, for whatever reason, and live your life just fine then I don't think it's wrong or anyone's business.

The only thing I disagree with is the concept that weed is a universal treatment for lots of ailments, for everyone, and that it's some miracle cure without any risk or side effects...

I believe it has pertinentance for certain things, certain people, and that because of the whole "pro weed" culture certain folks/industry over embellish what it can do and tend to dismiss the negatives. It's helpful on a path to legalization, which is great, but the arguements I often read/hear are bullshit IMO. Really it just ought to be legal, prescribeable, etc

There's a little sliver of truth. Isn't a harmful drug but those who react poorly get paranoid and can be very uncomfortable, jumpy.
The only reason anyone gets paranoid and jumpy after cannabis, is that they're paranoid of getting caught, and they're jumpy because they are afraid to relax.

Thankfully for those paranoid about getting caught, there's this stuff that is 100% federally legal, and is delivered by the good ol' United States Postal Service.

Given that businesses don't have access to any of the databases of government issued IDs, including drivers licenses databases, there really isn't a reason for an "ID scanner" to be talking to an external or cloud service at all.

The cheap (<$2K) scanners just read the barcode/MRZ and light up green if it is legible, unexpired, and shows an age between 21 and 95. Patronscan also does OCR to compare the front of the ID to tbe barcode (catches modified IDs and some fakes).

????
Is that a dispensary job, or a grow house job?

Also - just because you got your ID scanned at the entrance of the store, doesn't mean you bought anything.
I know a bit about this.

I asked my town Police Licensing Officer (Chief Designee) who was with a group of other cops about this. I told him that although I don't use cannabis, I want to enter a dispensary and check it out because there are many job opportunities. He said I can use my ID to enter but can't buy anything as a LTC holder.

I doubt the Police will revoke my LTC anyway, but I don't use cannabis anyway.

Here is the thing with the ID's...

They get scanned and if you make a purchase it gets recorded for that day on the state database. No matter how many dispensaries you enter - you can only purchase a certain total of cannabis per day. If you try to buy more than you are allowed at a different dispensary - the database will notify them that you already made a purchase.

So, yes, the ID's are saved after a PURCHASE into the database.

My licensing officer said I can visit as many dispensaries as a want and get my ID scanned every time and not worry about anything.

I doubt the database is viewed much by the Police so a cannabis using gun owner may never get busted in Mass - but I would not risk it.

I have since decided that I do not wish to work in this business right now.

At least one dispensary said that some people who work there may have never even used cannabis or ever plan to.

It is also a fact that cannabis workers can keep their LTC's. At one point I thought there was a law against that due to bad info from a dispensary. I confirmed this by emailing numerous times, the Mass Cannabis Control Board. If you look into the Mass General Laws about cannabis - you can search for guns / firearms. The only folks allowed to have a gun in the dispensaries are the armed guards if I recall. I can't seem to recall but employees can not CCW.

OP:

I'm shocked that Biden wont reclassify cannabis. I was sure that would happen to free up the rights of users who want to own guns federally.

I have heard people say that cannabis makes some folks VERY paranoid. I can see that being a problem for some gun owners IF true.

Haha that's not advice dude. You are very ill informed if you think universally weed works the same for other people as it does for you.
I’m only saying what and how some of my friends are using it for several ailments who are also not taking Rx drugs. That’s all.

Dude if you actually read what I wrote - I don't think drugs should be illegal at all. If it was up to be they'd sell weed, coke, whatever, at the same place you bought your booze...

There is no judgement from me about that, what people use - at the same time I don't differentiate between a "pot head", "coke head", alcoholic, etc. If you abuse drugs you got issues. If you use whatever, for whatever reason, and live your life just fine then I don't think it's wrong or anyone's business.

The only thing I disagree with is the concept that weed is a universal treatment for lots of ailments, for everyone, and that it's some miracle cure without any risk or side effects...

I believe it has pertinentance for certain things, certain people, and that because of the whole "pro weed" culture certain folks/industry over embellish what it can do and tend to dismiss the negatives. It's helpful on a path to legalization, which is great, but the arguements I often read/hear are bullshit IMO. Really it just ought to be legal, prescribeable, etc
So that’s your opinion. No facts. Correct?

I know a bit about this.

I asked my town Police Licensing Officer (Chief Designee) who was with a group of other cops about this. I told him that although I don't use cannabis, I want to enter a dispensary and check it out because there are many job opportunities. He said I can use my ID to enter but can't buy anything as a LTC holder.

I doubt the Police will revoke my LTC anyway, but I don't use cannabis anyway.

Here is the thing with the ID's...

They get scanned and if you make a purchase it gets recorded for that day on the state database. No matter how many dispensaries you enter - you can only purchase a certain total of cannabis per day. If you try to buy more than you are allowed at a different dispensary - the database will notify them that you already made a purchase.

My licensing officer said I can visit as many dispensaries as a want and get my ID scanned every time and not worry about anything.

I doubt the database is viewed much by the Police so a cannabis using gun owner may never get busted in Mass - but I would not risk it.

I have since decided that I do not wish to work in this business right now.

At least one dispensary said that some people who work there may have never even used cannabis or ever plan to.

It is also a fact that cannabis workers can keep their LTC's. At one point I thought there was a law against that due to bad info from a dispensary. I confirmed this by emailing numerous times, the Mass Cannabis Control Board. If you look into the Mass General Laws about cannabis - you can search for guns / firearms. The only folks allowed to have a gun in the dispensaries are the armed guards if I recall. I can't seem to recall but employees can not CCW.

OP:

I'm shocked that Biden wont reclassify cannabis. I was sure that would happen to free up the rights of users who want to own guns federally.

I have heard people say that cannabis makes some folks VERY paranoid. I can see that being a problem for some gun owners IF true.

Just because you bought it, doesn't mean you used it. :D

I know a bit about this.

OP:

No, the purchase doesn't get recorded in a database anywhere. Your license is scanned when you enter the store, then you go through a second door & enter the main area where there's a counter w/ registers/associates where you make your purchase. They briefly check the birthdate on your license when you make the purchase but they don't scan or otherwise enter any personal info when you make the purchase - I have seen this first-hand and I have verified this w/ someone I know who works at the shop I went to.

The 1oz limit is a per purchase limit, it's not a per day limit. There's nothing I can find in any of the MA law that says you can't buy more than 1oz in a day and the MA possession limit is 10oz so not sure where this "you can only purchase a certain total of cannabis per day" thing is coming from that has been repeated a few times here.

You have been around long enough to know better than to ask the police what is legal or not or to believe their answer will be correct.

No, the purchase doesn't get recorded in a database anywhere. Your license is scanned when you enter the store, then you go through a second door & enter the main area where there's a counter w/ registers/associates where you make your purchase. They briefly check the birthdate on your license when you make the purchase but they don't scan or otherwise enter any personal info when you make the purchase - I have seen this first-hand and I have verified this w/ someone I know who works at the shop I went to.

The 1oz limit is a per purchase limit, it's not a per day limit. There's nothing I can find in any of the MA law that says you can't buy more than 1oz in a day and the MA possession limit is 10oz so not sure where this "you can only purchase a certain total of cannabis per day" thing is coming from that has been repeated a few times here.

You have been around long enough to know better than to ask the police what is legal or not or to believe their answer will be correct.
It was the Police that said I am free to use my ID to enter the store - so that was in fact true.

One store told me that the purchases get put into the database so you can't go from store to store.

One of these days I'm going to go to one of those stores and ask for more info.

If you know people who buy cannabis - I believe you.

Thank you for the clarification.

It was the Police that said I am free to use my ID to enter the store - so that was in fact true.

One store told me that the purchases get put into the database so you can't go from store to store.

One of these days I'm going to go to one of those stores and ask for more info.

If you know people who buy cannabis - I believe you.

Thank you for the clarification.

Got it, I didn't mean to imply that you did not ask the Police but that you know better than to ask the police about the law or believe what they tell you will be correct. The cop telling you that you can't [legally] buy pot if you have an LTC is incorrect, that's not up for debate. The only place I can think of where you may have a legal problem is answering incorrectly on the 4473 but that does not mention possession or purchase, only use. You can still buy guns private party in MA and use pot legally.

The person I know at the store went to said they don't record the transactions but also said that other stores "might", although they're not aware of any that do. I think it's similar to asking folks at the LGS about what you can & can't buy, possess, etc.; you don't always get the right answer and some stores restrict things that don't need to be restricted and tell you all manner of nonsense about what you can and can't possess. The pot store person I know confirmed with me what I have witnessed at their store, I don't expect them to know the laws or what happens at other stores and I also wouldn't be surprised if they buy into the "you can't buy more than 1oz day" myth, just like the guys at the LGS often buy into gun law/sales myths.

Since this cannabis store doesn't record sales by individual then its not a requirement that they report individual sales anywhere - unless this large, new store isn't doing the reporting it's supposed to be doing which I highly doubt. If not required to report, why in the world would they report individual sales and who would they report it to? No business I'm aware of reports something to the government unless they have to.

I agree. However, the police are the ones who decide to make an arrest and bring someone before a court. And there is a fair amount of frequent arrests for charges that really aren't illegal . . . however in MA, that person still has a permanent record to explain for the rest of their life!

I agree. However, the police are the ones who decide to make an arrest and bring someone before a court. And there is a fair amount of frequent arrests for charges that really aren't illegal . . . however in MA, that person still has a permanent record to explain for the rest of their life!
Yeah, I get that part of it but a cop saying they're tracking/reporting purchases when they're not? Or that it's illegal for someone w/ an LTC to buy at a pot shop? Unless those cops are going to be there arresting people, I wouldn't worry a whole lot about it.

From recent history, I'd be more worried about buying fireworks in NH than weed in your home state of MA. The former (ridiculously) they have setup stings for.

Weed = legal in MA
Fireworks = not legal in MA

Do try to keep up.

Hey since you got time to bust balls, maybe spend a minute and spring for a $24 membership?

My point (you missed, probably due to short term memory loss) is if you are comfortable driving to NH and back to MA to buy fireworks, it's probably a greater risk to one's MA LTC than swiping your ID at Harvest Moonz.

Back
Top Bottom