No Guns For Pot Smokers

Garys

NES Member

The Biden administration is defending a federal ban on gun-ownership for medical marijuana users, urging a federal judge to dismiss a challenge to the statute.

Medical marijuana users should be prohibited from owning guns because the substance impairs the "judgment, cognition, and physical coordination" of those under its influence, lawyers for the Justice Department argued. Florida agricultural commissioner Nikki Fried (D.) is spearheading the lawsuit against the government for its prohibition on people who consume cannabis products with a prescription from owning firearms.

"I'm suing the Biden administration because people's rights are being limited," the commissioner said in April after filing the suit. "Medical marijuana is legal. Guns are legal. This is about people's rights and their freedoms to responsibly have both."

Medical marijuana users should be prohibited from owning guns because the substance impairs the "judgment, cognition, and physical coordination" of those under its influence, lawyers for the Justice Department argued. Florida agricultural commissioner Nikki Fried (D.) is spearheading the lawsuit against the government for its prohibition on people who consume cannabis products with a prescription from owning firearms.

So do a few beers, or a couple of after dinner cocktails.

But nobody is chasing down those that keep a few bottles (or even an arsenal) of booze in their house...

"I'm suing the Biden administration because people's rights are being limited," the commissioner said in April after filing the suit. "Medical marijuana is legal. Guns are legal. This is about people's rights and their freedoms to responsibly have both."

…….. it’s not legal.

I am not saying marijuana users should be “banned” but might want to speak in facts

…….. it’s not legal.

I am not saying marijuana users should be “banned” but might want to speak in facts
Jurisdictional, and may speak to the Tenth.

…….. it’s not legal.

I believe you may be missing the point. Medical marijuana may not be legal in some states but it IS legal in a majority of them. Those people who live in states where medical pot is legal are losing their rights to carry or own a firearm under the COTUS. That's wrong, it's unconstitutional and Biden can't do that!!

No it isn't. Like it or not, marijuana isn't legal - despite what some states say. Bunch of stupid damn hop heads.

And no, I don't drink anymore either.

Honestly, I can't see what the difference is between having a couple beers or a couple lines of weed, but apparently one is legal and one isn't. And telling people weed isn't legal makes them go all sky-screamy, which makes me laugh.

No it isn't. Like it or not, marijuana isn't legal - despite what some states say. Bunch of stupid damn hop heads.

Honestly, I can't see what the difference is between having a couple beers or a couple lines of weed, but apparently one is legal and one isn't. And telling people weed isn't legal makes them go all sky-screamy, which makes me laugh.
"LINES OF WEED" [rofl][rofl][rofl]

I thought weed was now legal in Massivetwoshitts. Can someone define the term 'legal' for me? I'm becoming somewhat confused!

I believe you may be missing the point. Medical marijuana may not be legal in some states but it IS legal in a majority of them. Those people who live in states where medical pot is legal are losing their rights to carry or own a firearm under the COTUS. That's wrong, it's unconstitutional and Biden can't do that!!
I think they should be about to have firearms for sure. I think every drug should be legal and unregulated even as someone who is completely sober by choice. Just pointing out if you use weed even if legal in your state you are still using it illegally. Almost zero chance of federal prosecution. But still illegal.

The solution is make weed legal federally

Do you have to show your id when buying (legally!) in Commichusetts at one of our many recreational dispensaries? Do they keep a record of said id? I won't even drive into a parking lot incase our head carpet eater decided to use that again me/us. As for the main topic here....same story different day....or hour at the rate the swamp is churning out $hit....disarm, disarm, disarm.

Medical is legal in 37 states, recreational is legal in 19 states, with 12 others decriminalizing possession.

The feds have kept it listed on schedule 1, but also aren't going after any businesses (medical or recreational) in the states where it is legal as long as they are operating under the laws of those states.

They do bust folks for possession on federal lands in Colorado, Forest Service rangers do stake out ski areas that operate on FS lands- although most of the time the rangers were going skiing and they were calling it an MJ patrol.

One of the little known facts is folks were growing in Colorado then shipping it to nearby states where it wasn't legal (Texas, Kansas, Wyoming) hoping to hide the shipments, but the grows weren't registered with the state, so they did get busted at times.

It's about as ambiguous a situation as you can get, it's dumb, and it was Obama who refused to remove it from schedule 1.

Do you have to show your id when buying (legally!) in Commichusetts at one of our many recreational dispensaries? Do they keep a record of said id? I won't even drive into a parking lot incase our head carpet eater decided to use that again me/us. As for the main topic here....same story different day....or hour at the rate the swamp is churning out $hit....disarm, disarm, disarm.
Data storage is cheap
Data is valuable
Everything is saved forever at this point to be used against you in the future

Frankly surprised by this.

C'mon. Seriously???

While I think the Biden Administration would not hesitate to support removing MJ from class-ANYTHING status, if it gets gun owners jammed up, they'll double-down on Reefer Madness. Makes your sons into killers. Turns your daughters into whoring sluts. Stay away!!!

Imagine if you had integrity and said, "we're actually not going to weigh in on this right now as there is legislation working it's way through Congress to remove the stigma of MJ." You're not saying you won't prosecute (which I think a lot of people would or SHOULD have a problem with here - picking and choosing which laws you prosecute) but you aren't advocating it either. Punt the ball to Congress. Talk about prison reform. Get ANOTHER WIN before November.

Nope. Can't do it. Integrity be damned. A bigger win be damned. Helping hte nation be damned. The goose-steppers WANT you to be a tool on gun issues. So compromise every other position to do it.

"LINES OF WEED" [rofl][rofl][rofl]

Isn't that what you get on your driveway after a good mowing but before you get the leaf blower out????

The back of your license gets scanned on the way in and they check it again when you make your purchase. To my knowledge the scan is to verify your age and they don't take any other info. They don't input anything into a computer or take an image of the front.

That right there is ironic. President Choom Gang refusing to decriminalize Marijuana at the federal level.

My guess, and it's just this, is that it doesn't poll all that well.

My son thinks that if the next Republican President makes it legal, the Republicans will never lose an election. I just don't see it as that big an issue, but I'm an old guy.

Medical is legal in 37 states, recreational is legal in 19 states, with 12 others decriminalizing possession.

The feds have kept it listed on schedule 1, but also aren't going after any businesses (medical or recreational) in the states where it is legal as long as they are operating under the laws of those states.

They do bust folks for possession on federal lands in Colorado, Forest Service rangers do stake out ski areas that operate on FS lands- although most of the time the rangers were going skiing and they were calling it an MJ patrol.

One of the little known facts is folks were growing in Colorado then shipping it to nearby states where it wasn't legal (Texas, Kansas, Wyoming) hoping to hide the shipments, but the grows weren't registered with the state, so they did get busted at times.

It's about as ambiguous a situation as you can get, it's dumb, and it was Obama who refused to remove it from schedule 1.

Back
Top Bottom