• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Noah's Motors - NMSAMA MFG. - Saugus, MA

Thought it was a about time to start a review for this shop. While this isn't really a storefront at all, Harry (the owner) is a top notch military surplus gunsmith in the Saugus, MA area. From what I'm told his specialty is high end machine guns, but I've had him do a few projects for me now with stunning results at an extremely affordable price.

He built my SBR AR from the ground up, test fired it and included all the build paperwork. Very neat and organized and the rifle shoots amazing. I also had him completely restore a POS (piece of sh1t) M1 Garand that was welded into a parade gun, looks amazing. Currently, he's overhauling a Model 10-5 revolver for me.

If you aren't in a rush and looking for some quality smith work, it's worth checking out. Keep in mind, he has nothing on display, so don't expect to go in there to buy a firearm, but he does keep some nice surplus rifles in the back for sale.

noahs

harry is a first class gunsmith. he worked on my two garands one in 308, short chamber its a tack driver now.checked out the full sized one,and tuned it.

Harry rebarreled my MAS 36 a year or so ago when I rebuilt it from a sporter back to full military regalia. If you're not in a hurry like squished said he is great. He's not cheap but like anything you get what you pay for and his prices on some of his rifles are extremely low or at least they were! Very nice guy and easy to deal with.

Is the place right on Route 1? Is it N or S? I drive by several times a week, still never seen a sign that I recall.

622 Broadway, Saugus, MA 01906-3201

North bound side. If you are coming from the North, turn around at the exit where you see Bob's store on the left side of the road.

His shop is right after Ethan Allen i believe it is.

Bump to an old thread here, figured this would be better than making a new one.

I've just been doing some business with Harry recently these past weeks and am more than impressed with him. He can come off a bit gruff on the phone at first but once you get to know him a bit he's absolutely awesome. Started with some FFL transfers (A guy who accepts from individuals and knows pre-ban laws? Took me FOREVER to find in this area), he didn't mind spending some time teaching me a few things and talking me out of a few buys and into others based on his greater experience than mine which I REALLY appreciate.

I'm the manager of a car dealership nearby him on route 1 and he's just an all around great guy to deal with and talk to. I just wanted to throw my two-cents out about this guy as I'm happy as heck I found him.

Like said earlier -- he's at Route 1 NB in Saugus -- it's a residential looking place JUST before the lane widens for Home Depot. Easy to miss at first.

Noah is great. My dad and I (former Army guy, and present Army guy) spend about an hour in there each time we spot in to get something done. He is awesome, very friendly. Knows more about firearms than anyone I know. He did work on both my M1A's, and when I'm home on leave I'm dropping off my STAG-15 to have him put a low profile gas block and a 9inch free float barrel on it.

He knows a TON about M1A's/M14's

HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to Harry over at Noah's. Harry had a spring that I needed for a AK that I know almost no other shop would have. Harry is an incredible gun smith.

He makes AK's from scratch, bends his own receivers does all his rivets, everything himself. He showed me a automatic post dealer sample today with a 5.75 inch barrel:
2011-08-20_14-43-35_838.jpg

It was done very, very nicely. It has a custom extended AMD stock and Romanian handgaurds cut in half up front. The fit and finish was perfect, the finishing job on the wood was perfect and the blueing was excellent.

If you need any crazy jobs done local, Harry is your man without a doubt.

Wow, that's bizarre. I definitely had my AR built after that 6.5 year timeline of that ripoffreport and I didn't have any issues. He's built and repaired multiple firearms for me. Was the AR-10 receiver issue ever resolved?

Wow, that's bizarre. I definitely had my AR built after that 6.5 year timeline of that ripoffreport and I didn't have any issues. He's built and repaired multiple firearms for me. Was the AR-10 receiver issue ever resolved?

I asked Harry about those complaints. He said it was one guy in FL who was a complete weirdo who was trying to take him for a ride.

I've dealt with Harry with 3 rifles and hes yet to do a single thing wrong to me. He does good work, knows his stuff and his prices are reasonable. The only downside is he is slow.

I asked Harry about those complaints. He said it was one guy in FL who was a complete weirdo who was trying to take him for a ride.

I've dealt with Harry with 3 rifles and hes yet to do a single thing wrong to me. He does good work, knows his stuff and his prices are reasonable. The only downside is he is slow.

Looking at some research online it looks like it was like 50+ people to the tune of $25,000. I find it hard to believe that it's legit as something like that the police and ATF would be involved.

I'm not buying it.

Any actual law suites filed? I mean remsport has taken a beating here and there on nes I would think something as serious as this wouldn't be left out on nes.

I don't understand this "I sold off my interest in the reciever hahhah"

Last edited:
Any actual law suites filed? I mean remsport has taken a beating here and there on nes I would think something as serious as this wouldn't be left out on nes.

I don't understand this "I sold off my interest in the reciever hahhah"

Agreed. I think it's a load of BS.

Agreed. I think it's a load of BS.

Not at all. I stand by what I've said. I gave him $ (don't recall how much) and the upper receiver. I never saw either again, that became the issue of the guy who bought my parts kit and the $ I had give Noah's. Maybe it was the guy from Fla, he did seem kind of psycho.

Has anyone asked him if he ever completed an AR10 receiver? I'd like to know.

Squished,
I don't know why you have trouble believing Harry screwed a load of people, I was one of them. Strictly a civil matter on the AR10 receivers, since they were not actually built ATF has no involvement. BTW that one dealer sample he built is one of them and buils on someones parts kit. Stop worshiping at the alter of bullshit.

Squished,
I don't know why you have trouble believing Harry screwed a load of people, I was one of them. Strictly a civil matter on the AR10 receivers, since they were not actually built ATF has no involvement. BTW that one dealer sample he built is one of them and buils on someones parts kit. Stop worshiping at the alter of bullshit.

Still not buying it, there's more to the story. An FFL would lose his license and be out of business scamming $25k worth of firearms. He's still a very active manufacturer. Something isn't right with your story.

Squished,
Complaint s were in place with the Post office as in Mail frau, the Shotgun news(new owners there) Chamber of commerce, BBB. Look under Sam Pikula as filer, date was roughly 94-95 time frame, before the internet was popular. Convince yourself.

Back
Top Bottom