Nodak's daughter checking in

Hi! Great to hear from you. Mild winter in the northeast. Hoping to get the sleds out one more time. Thanks for checking in.

By the way, someone from this lovely group sent my mother a nice card. It meant a lot to her. So thank you. Don't worry, I didn't ask her your name. You are still anonymous. My dad corresponded (snail mail) with a couple of you. My original post after he passed, I posted that primarily so that you would know why he stopped communication. He wasn't bored, he didn't get offended. He just couldn't write anymore. But he enjoyed this group very much. You all brought some cheer to his life.

By the way, someone from this lovely group sent my mother a nice card. It meant a lot to her. So thank you. Don't worry, I didn't ask her your name. You are still anonymous. My dad corresponded (snail mail) with a couple of you. My original post after he passed, I posted that primarily so that you would know why he stopped communication. He wasn't bored, he didn't get offended. He just couldn't write anymore. But he enjoyed this group very much. You all brought some cheer to his life
Some think of a gun forum as a bunch of yahoo’s and internet radicals, reading posts about you and your dad shows how thoughtful and real these people really are.
Ha ha! They don't come any more "radical" than me. I homeschool my children, own guns, grow & preserve my own food. I am by definition, the literal stereotype of an internet radical goon and I couldn't be more proud of it! My 21 year old daughter just took her conceal carry course too. I am passing the madness onto the next generation! We are perpetuating the radicalism!

I have not visited in a while. I just wanted to say hi. We have had yet another blizzard. I think January & February have averaged 1 blizzard a week. This one started yesterday morning and is still going strong. ...
Sounds a tad stark.
Can this help?

Sounds a tad stark.
Can this help?
Yes, that is normally true. Blizzards are an exception though. There are always people who think they can drive in a blizzard, the road closed sign is for everyone else. There was a 9 vehicle crash on the interstate on Monday. Last week there was a multi-car crash. People are not as cautious as the situation demands. Maybe because they think " this is North Dakota & I'm used to it."

I'm sorry for your loss. I haven't been on NES much since October, just lurking occasionally.
Three days after your Father died, my Daughter died suddenly. I had a post in draft the hours before she died in the "My Daughter wants to Shoot" Thread, so that's where put it. I was kind of out of it. My wife and I have been going to a Grief Therapy Group. In my experience it's getting easier, not necessarily better. Time seems to dull the raw nerve. Thanksgiving and Christmas were rough. May God grant you Serenity.

I'm sorry for your loss. I haven't been on NES much since October, just lurking occasionally.
Three days after your Father died, my Daughter died suddenly. I had a post in draft the hours before she died in the "My Daughter wants to Shoot" Thread, so that's where put it. I was kind of out of it. My wife and I have been going to a Grief Therapy Group. In my experience it's getting easier, not necessarily better. Time seems to dull the raw nerve. Thanksgiving and Christmas were rough. May God grant you Serenity.

Sorry for you loss. As a father of two and a daughter who was pretty sick I feel some of your pain. I hope you find comfort in remembering the good times. God Bless

... Blizzards are an exception though. There are always people who think they can drive in a blizzard, the road closed sign is for everyone else. There was a 9 vehicle crash on the interstate on Monday. Last week there was a multi-car crash. People are not as cautious as the situation demands. Maybe because they think " this is North Dakota & I'm used to it."
Word. Stay safe.

I am sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear that.
The group is a very good thing.
My friends lost a son at twelve and it has helped them tremendously .

So sorry to hear that.
The group is a very good thing.
My friends lost a son at twelve and it has helped them tremendously .
I understand the benefits of group/shared experience more than most, I've been in AA for over 3 decades.
My wife, not so much the group type, however she's really committed to this. It's a lot of work, but I think we are both benefiting from it.

Sorry for your loss, I can't imagine the pain you're going through!

Back
Top Bottom