• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Non mass compliant handguns

Status
Not open for further replies.
MA residents are in no way limited to what an FFL can legally sell or transfer to you. That's kind of the point of this whole thread.
Yes I agree...I was trying to say that the roster doesn't apply to most ordinary folks only if you where buying something brand new from a dealer and he/she shouldn't worry about the list and carry what he/she wishes.

Speaking of non-compliant handguns, can a non-roster revolver frame (no cylinder or grips) be legally transferred by an FFL? (I know where there's an out-of-state Uberti replica frame, and I can find the missing parts at Taylor's.) I asked one gun dealer and he wanted nothing to do with anything that isn't on the list.

he's not asking how to get a post-98 gun. He's asking where is the proof he can carry it.

Is there any "proof" (law) saying he cannot?

• You can find a law stating that a licensed dealer who sells such a gun is committing a crime.
  • You can find a regulation (CMR) stating that a licensed dealer selling a gun not on the AG list is an unfair and deceptive consumer practice subject to penalty
  • You cannot find a law stating that that you are allowed to defend yourself with a non-compliant handgun
  • You cannot find a law stating that you must serve applesauce with pork chops, but are free to do so if you wish

I think this is kind of what I simplified, above.

Speaking of non-compliant handguns, can a non-roster revolver frame (no cylinder or grips) be legally transferred by an FFL? (I know where there's an out-of-state Uberti replica frame, and I can find the missing parts at Taylor's.) I asked one gun dealer and he wanted nothing to do with anything that isn't on the list.
Yes

You cannot find a law stating that you must serve applesauce with pork chops, but are free to do so if you wish
hqdefault.jpg

Man, this thread is boring! No snarky remarks, only one "Hi Maura!" and a singular .40 joke(albeit a good one: Fohtay!!!). The regulars are getting soft!

That's a .80! The recoil must be almost as much as 10mm.
Don’t forget the 10mm is twice as powerful as a 44mag!

I overheard a friend of a friend say that at a barbecue. Next time I saw my friend I asked about it and come to find out his friend is a 10mm fanboy. He talks it up like it’s the Dirty Harry gun?

1. Ignore the list, it means sh*t to you except when finding a dealer to transfer.

2. If you know a dealer that will transfer, guard that secret, do not post about it, do not text about it, do not tell random people about it. Just shut the f*ck up.

hating on 40S&W is driven by 9mm insecurity
nope, not that at all. The primary haters are mostly 10mm and 45acp crowd who are still sour over the fact that 40S&W beat them 30 years ago. 10mm is a dud from a marketing standpoint and 45ACP was saved from extinction by 1994 AWB which limited mag capacity to 10 rounds. If it wasn't for AWB, 1911 would have become a museum piece just like other 100-year-old guns. In other words, 45acp lovers are just a bunch of closeted AWB-loving, gun control freaks!
I'm off to shoot my wonderful S&W Performance Center 1911 45...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom