Non resident apprentice hunting license......with a misdemeanor oui

whacko

NES Member
I've done a ton of research on this and I believe we are ok.....but putting this out to the Maine braintrust to see what you think.

Planning a hunting trip for hare soon up in Maine. My brother is planning to come with us using a Maine non resident apprentice hunting license. I know we are ok if he purchases the non resident apprentice license if I'm his supervisor......I meet those requirements.

Here is the question.....he has a misdemeanor first offense oui from 6 years ago in NH. There is zero jail time penalty on NH for first offense. He's not a federally prohibited person.......but is there anything in that history that would prevent him from using a shotgun I own to hunt in Maine on the non res apprentice license? He's a mass resident now and is starting the bullshit process of getting his ltc in mass.......but wants to hunt with us this winter up in Maine.

Thoughts? Are we good according to maine law?

Last edited:
I didn't know Maine did a background check for hunting licenses?
They don't.

It's not the hunting license I'm worried about it's the posession of a shotgun with a misdemeanor conviction in his past.

I lived in Maine for a while. Not sure about the laws. But I know for a fact. That 3 out of the group of 11 I hunted with. Had an OUI's. They all purchased a hunting licenses. And owned rifles.

I am not a lawyer but I don't think first time OUI makes you prohibited person in Maine

I lived in Maine for a while. Not sure about the laws. But I know for a fact. That 3 out of the group of 11 I hunted with. Had an OUI's. They all purchased a hunting licenses. And owned rifles.
Thanks that's what I was gathering as well from the research I did.

Being a mass resident where a first offense oui in this state makes someone a pp federally I get nervouse. Thankfully his oui was in NH though.

Back
Top Bottom