Non-resident CCW?

A few days shy of six months… Still waiting for my ****ing renewal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So six months after my renewal application was received, I finally received my renewal LTC

I have been calling regularly check on this, each time being told that it was in “final review“ and I most likely would have it in a few weeks. The people I had spoken to or less than forthcoming about why there was a delay, and what was holding things up.

I called on October 3, in the person I spoke to was very cordial. I told her that I had submitted my renewal application back in April, and have been told the last two times that it was in final review. I asked her if there was anything holding it up that I could be of assistance with, at which time she put me on hold, a few minutes later came back and told me she had my file in hand,and would be sending out my LTC today.

Had I not called, that probably would’ve sat on someone’s desk for another couple weeks at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update from my post on 6/18:

Sent in my renewal application on 5/31. Got an e-mail 6/13 stating that I do not need to appear in-person, and noting that they anticipate that it will take 90 days to complete, and to contact them if I have not received the license in 90 days.

It just arrived on 10/27. So, essentially 5 months. I think it was roughly 6 months when I had to appear in person.

Almost 60 days ago, I received confirmation that my MA non-resident LTC renewal application had been received. This notification was unexpected, but quite considerate I thought. The LTC expires in about two weeks, but based upon several previous posts I'm not expecting to receive my new LTC before my current one expires. My question is, will the date of issue on my new license reflect the actual/current date processed, perhaps in February, or will all my future licenses be dated from January to January, regardless of the date processed?

Almost 60 days ago, I received confirmation that my MA non-resident LTC renewal application had been received. This notification was unexpected, but quite considerate I thought. The LTC expires in about two weeks, but based upon several previous posts I'm not expecting to receive my new LTC before my current one expires. My question is, will the date of issue on my new license reflect the actual/current date processed, perhaps in February, or will all my future licenses be dated from January to January, regardless of the date processed?

When I had a similar period, in which my renewal wasn't processed until after my previous (non-resident) license expired, the issue date on my new license did in fact reflect the correct/later issue date. (My old license expired on 30 JUN that year and the new license was issued on 1 AUG).

I now go out of my way to send my renewal applications in far enough in advance to avoid issues associated with process delays. When my renewals have been processed in advance of expiration, they new license has been issue-dated to the future expiration date of the old license.

I've had my Non-Res since 2011 and always send in the renewal about 5months before expiration. So far that's been adequate time albeit one year it was pretty close. The FRB has streamlined the process in the past few years too - in person renewal is no longer every year and a copy of a resident carry permit is no longer required per the instruction sheet. It'd be great to see some legislative action and have the Non-Res license validity extended beyond one year.

So......

Called in for a status update and got a response saying it was being printed/mailed today (November Interview). She would not tell me whether there were restrictions or not, so I anxiously await. Maybe it will be delivered tomorrow? Chelsea to Plaistow?

Who wants to take my action on a prop bet that I get restrictions? I'll pay your membership dues.

So......

Called in for a status update and got a response saying it was being printed/mailed today (November Interview). She would not tell me whether there were restrictions or not, so I anxiously await. Maybe it will be delivered tomorrow? Chelsea to Plaistow?

Who wants to take my action on a prop bet that I get restrictions? I'll pay your membership dues.

Depends on what you did when you applied, and whether or not you were unrestricted if you ever had an LTC in MA...

-Mike

Depends on what you did when you applied, and whether or not you were unrestricted if you ever had an LTC in MA...

-Mike
I took advice from Jason Guida and thoroughly explained my reasons for "No Restrictions", but not sure the supervisor who is reviewing at FRB felt the same. Just left MA but was "Unrestricted" LTC holder since 2015.

I took advice from Jason Guida and thoroughly explained my reasons for "No Restrictions", but not sure the supervisor who is reviewing at FRB felt the same. Just left MA but was "Unrestricted" LTC holder since 2015.

If you mentioned that on the application and otherwise followed Guidas directions I would be very surprised if you were restricted.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom