• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Non-Semi-Automatic

I wonder what ATF has to say about this. In the 80s the ATF had forced 07s to stop making open bolt guns (easier to convert to FA). This, appears at least as they aren't actually live firing in the video, is effectively an open bolt gun that stays closed on the spent round. As opposed to the traditional open bolt where it would open and eject the spent round, locking back.

[puke]

As long as people invent this tripe, there will be politicians who will say "This is OK. Let them have this..."
Until those get regulated and banned and some new "Acceptable" mousetrap is built.
I'd rather see inventors come up with new ways of making guns more lethal...

how is that not semi? DA trigger?
Appears to be. From a legal standpoint (absent Healey's proclivities to just rewrite the law) this is a brilliant trolling job. Given the size of the ejection port, this is a small caliber handgun round only gun. But given time, people will figure out dealing with higher energy rounds.

Just curious, it looks like Massachusetts may be able to have the pistol version of this with an unfixed magazine:

''Semiautomatic'', capable of utilizing a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and requiring a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.

A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any two of the following:
  • A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor
  • A second handgrip.
  • A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
  • The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
This firearm is not semiautomatic according to MGL therefor is not an assault weapon either.

Last edited:
Looks like it has an exceptionally long trigger pull...probably to gain mechanical advantage over dragging the bolt back and to avoid having an extremely heavy trigger pull.

I wonder what ATF has to say about this. In the 80s the ATF had forced 07s to stop making open bolt guns (easier to convert to FA). This, appears at least as they aren't actually live firing in the video, is effectively an open bolt gun that stays closed on the spent round. As opposed to the traditional open bolt where it would open and eject the spent round, locking back.

It seems like it's *not* open bolt, because the bolt is closed until you pull the trigger.

The trigger weight on that must be huge, since you have to put enough energy into the trigger to strip a new round off the magazine.

And you need to put enough energy into the trigger to extract the round, which could be substantial. Maybe a fluted chamber to keep the brass loose?

Someone make a good looking 5.56mm NATO chambered pump action rifle that uses NATO standard magazines.
You'll notice I left out the AR-15 references on purpose..[wave]

Or just buy a Tavor.[smile]

Someone make a good looking 5.56mm NATO chambered pump action rifle that uses NATO standard magazines.
You'll notice I left out the AR-15 references on purpose..[wave]

Or just buy a Tavor.[smile]

until your overlords say you can't

It seems like it's *not* open bolt, because the bolt is closed until you pull the trigger.

The trigger weight on that must be huge, since you have to put enough energy into the trigger to strip a new round off the magazine.

And you need to put enough energy into the trigger to extract the round, which could be substantial. Maybe a fluted chamber to keep the brass loose?

Is it storing the recoil energy?

If this was my only option because of the laws of the state I live in, I'd move my Lilly white fat French ass out of there at the speed of light.

Maybe the trigger group is a gear box to use mechanical advantage to overcome the forces needed for manual operation? Knock it down to 10lbs or less?

Is it storing the recoil energy?

No, but it has to impart enough energy to reliably and quickly extract and eject the spent round *and* reliably strip a new round off the magazine, lock the breech, and ignite the primer.

Interesting design...but just buy a CZ scorpion and save yourself the headache of an arbitrary ATF reversal....

Back
Top Bottom