Nonmagnetic 62 grain

I’m sure others have experienced gun ranges that say no green tips, 855s or ss109. I shoot a gemtech halo and light Bullets don’t suppress. My a2 upper made by capco groups lake city 855 perfect. I have tried federal red box 223 62 grain with less than a decent group and Swedish 5.56 otm from sgammo which aren’t available. Any suggestions for a clean affordable stockable 62 grain that groups well? I have 3 20inchs colt fn. and capco

Attachments

• 0489F48C-7C51-4DA6-94F1-B15398FCB422.jpeg
    0489F48C-7C51-4DA6-94F1-B15398FCB422.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 26
I don’t reload. I tried 75 grains and they weren’t 11 dollars a box good. I buy from target sports USA, Natchez, sgammo, and Lax. I love green tips but shooters world 100 yards indoors and ORLANDO gun club 50 yards indoors does not. I’m curious about mag tech and Fiocchi 62 grain? I love Federal’s rebates so I have been on their Ammo buying

I no longer have anything chambered in .223 Remington/5.56, but I have been loading the Speer 64g GDSP into .223 Remington. If you were in SE CT, I'd say come shoot some. FWIW, these are .225" diameter bullets.
They are available commercially, too. First link I see...
Speer Gold Dot .223 Rem 64 Grain SP

Attachments

• .223Rem64grB.jpg
    .223Rem64grB.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 6
Have you hunted with gold dots? I have used fusions on a hog and it took multiple shoots. I used nosler partitions with amazing results but the speed is over gemtechs 3000 feet per second recommendations

I’m sure others have experienced gun ranges that say no green tips, 855s or ss109. I shoot a gemtech halo and light Bullets don’t suppress. My a2 upper made by capco groups lake city 855 perfect. I have tried federal red box 223 62 grain with less than a decent group and Swedish 5.56 otm from sgammo which aren’t available. Any suggestions for a clean affordable stockable 62 grain that groups well? I have 3 20inchs colt fn. and capco
55 grain M193 does not work for you?
Or the other 55 grain offerings?

Have you hunted with gold dots? I have used fusions on a hog and it took multiple shoots. I used nosler partitions with amazing results but the speed is over gemtechs 3000 feet per second recommendations
Are you hunting or paper punching? What type of accuracy do expect from the ammo ( im not a huge fan of M855 for anything but range blasting there are better choices for the same money)
For hogs: IMHO 223 is a tad light for a animal with tough hide and a small well protected vital zone. I only know one hog hunter and i think he uses hornady for hunting .

Are you hunting or paper punching? What type of accuracy do expect from the ammo ( im not a huge fan of M855 for anything but range blasting there are better choices for the same money)
For hogs: IMHO 223 is a tad light for a animal with tough hide and a small well protected vital zone. I only know one hog hunter and i think he uses hornady for hunting .
For hunting it’s fusion out of a 20 inch flat top. For paper it’s 855 and federal.223 62 fmj. The 855 is great but the ranges think it’s going to destroy the back stop. An outdoor range said it mess up the plywood which shocks me because the guy with the 300 winmag seems to do a better job! The federal 223 is dirty. I’m wondering does the foreign stuff smell like cat pee

For hunting it’s fusion out of a 20 inch flat top. For paper it’s 855 and federal.223 62 fmj. The 855 is great but the ranges think it’s going to destroy the back stop. An outdoor range said it mess up the plywood which shocks me because the guy with the 300 winmag seems to do a better job! The federal 223 is dirty. I’m wondering does the foreign stuff smell like cat pee
if your fusion rounds are not putting hog down maybe its expanding to quick and not getting deep enough into the vitals?

Most indoor ranges and dry climate ranges dont want any steel to reduce chances of fire by spark.
then there is damage steel core ammo and even steel jackets especially over time will ruin a back stop

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqTZAzUj1PQ

i know nothing about silencers and their limits...im actually shocked something can be to fast so a silencer ? never really heard that before.
The slower the round the better it suppresses. The halo which I would not recommend to anyone else was made for the m4 to attach to the blank firing adapters grooves on the flash hider. I also use gemtech bolt carriers to vent the gases. When I use 62s it’s loud but suppressed the 55s i see sparks and it’s loud. I broke down bought more green tips. The federal rebates are too good to pass up. I’ll stick to federal 223 62 grain and green tips. Buy it cheap and stack it deep. I’m hoping that the green tips keep coming after the military stops buying them.

The slower the round the better it suppresses. The halo which I would not recommend to anyone else was made for the m4 to attach to the blank firing adapters grooves on the flash hider. I also use gemtech bolt carriers to vent the gases. When I use 62s it’s loud but suppressed the 55s i see sparks and it’s loud. I broke down bought more green tips. The federal rebates are too good to pass up. I’ll stick to federal 223 62 grain and green tips. Buy it cheap and stack it deep. I’m hoping that the green tips keep coming after the military stops buying them.
Start reloading...you could make ammo for better suppression. 55 fmjs can be had for .06 each in bulk H4895 can be reduced quite a bit and still function in a AR.
I would be upset if I bought a suppressor and it did not bring the noise down to at least no hearing protection levels.

I personally have no experience with 223 and suppression but I cant see 100fps or so making a difference. You probably have M855 that swings into 100fps deviation.

You know your gun and what you like Thats more than most.

I think as soon as there is no demand for M855 from military the bullet manufsctures will jump for joy. Must be pain to make 3 piece bullets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom