North Attleboro, Ma "gun violence listening tour

apander

NES Member
Hi: I'm Arlie Anderson a NES, NRA & GOAL member in North Attleboro, Ma.. I'm wondering if anyone saw the attached article in the "The Sun Chronicle" of Thursday, October 10, 2013 on the Gun Forum, set-up by State Rep E. Poirier for Nov. 25 - Monday @ the N.A. Police station. I just called the N.A. Police department and was told that the Training room where it will be held, will hold 50 to 60 People. It said in the article that this part of REP. Harold Naughton, D - Clinton's "gun violence listening tour.

I planning to attend and speak.

I have sent GOAL a copy.

driver
IT IS TONIGHT 12/16, MONDAY 06:00 TO 09:00 @ NORTH ATTLEBORO POLICE DEPT.

Last edited:
Hi: I'm Arlie Anderson a NES, NRA & GOAL member in North Attleboro, Ma.. I'm wondering if anyone saw the attached article in the "The Sun Chronicle" of Thursday, October 10, 2013 on the Gun Forum, set-up by State Rep E. Poirier for Nov. 25 - Monday @ the N.A. Police station. I just called the N.A. Police department and was told that the Training room where it will be held, will hold 50 to 60 People. It said in the article that this part of REP. Harold Naughton, D - Clinton's "gun violence listening tour.

driver

Attached article is not attached.... or not displaying properly. Looks like you have attached an email link as an image....

Maybe just copying and quoting the text right into your post would be easier.

i have heard these have been nothing other than moonbat circle-jerks. if you guys show up, be polite, but be LOUD. especially now that i've heard this dude wants the AG's seat.

The fact that the title of the event contains gun restrictionist language ("gun violence") means they talk and you listen. There is an earlier thread about the "listening tour" in Holyoke.

Thank You, I'm Not a computer Whizz, I tried to copy and paste the article from a scan. Thanks again.

Hey folks - Glad this is happening! I can't believe I missed the article!

Please attend this meeting if possible. The "Listening Tour" meetings have actually been pretty good for speaking your views. It's the Linsky / Rosenthal meetings that are done in a way to quell all our voices - "cue card question" format, etc... usually put on by Dem District Reps.

After the Holliston "Listening Tour" meeting, I approached Rep. Naughton, and asked if there could be a meeting in the North Attleboro / Attleboro area. I am a North Attleboro resident. He agreed that there had not been a meeting in that area suggested I call my Rep (Betty Poirier), and make a request, said he would ba happy to come down. So, I did just that (called / emailed) and found Rep Poirier(R) to be very supportive of my 2A views. She said she would speak with Rep Naughton and try to put something together.

In short - I have no idea if my or anyone else's contact with both Reps helped this happen, but it is happening, and we need as many folks to attend as possible.

I plan to speak as well, and will be talking with folks from - Northeast Traders, American Firearms School, Angle Tree Gun Club, Wrentham Sporting Club to push attendence.

Please spread the word, or feel free to PM me to suggest other local area folks I need to speak / visit with to urge their attendance.

FYI - The Holliston "Listening Meeting" was dominated by Pro-2A folks, and many of us were able to speak very freely. It was not a "cue card question" format, such as the Franklin meeting when Linsky was fed a steady diet of soft toss questions.

PLEASE ATTEND

Thank you!

I'm sure there will be a lot of LISTENING going on.

You will be doing all be listening, while Naughton will do all the talking. Did you get the impression it was supposed to be the other way around??

Last edited:
FYI - The Holliston "Listening Meeting" was dominated by Pro-2A folks, and many of us were able to speak very freely. It was not a "cue card question" format, such as the Franklin meeting when Linsky was fed a steady diet of soft toss questions.

PLEASE ATTEND

Thank you!

Ugh....Franklin meeting? I missed this. Bummer. I'll see if I can try for the NA meeting.

Rep Poirier has been involved in the fight to stop EBT fraud amongst other things, and been a solid representative of our area. I am happy to have her support.

Beretta, et al - Yes, we do have to listen to Rep Naughton speak at the beginning of the meeting, but then he has shut up and allowed us to speak while he listened, and for far longer than he spoke... I am not naïve, and understand that our voices may have no bearing on the committee's legislation, but when presented with the opportunity, I for one am going to have my say. Silent is Compliant. We need all your voices.

Chris - yeah it was mid-summer at Dean College - a complete disgrace of a meeting. No free speech, all questions had to be submitted by cue card, and then they were pre-sorted by political agenda. Linsky got off really easy in that meeting - all questions that placated to the fear that helped structure his Bill. BUT, the two Professors that attended were extremely adamant that legislation based on fear versus reality never lead to any positive results. One Professor had studied the social effects of firearm laws for over 30 years - meaning, pretty educated observer of laws placed on firearms / owners.

Please attend the North Attleboro meeting to have your voice heard. Even if you are not a good speaker... we all got your back and would be proud to hear what you have to say.

Nov 25th.

I take it that means that Naughton doesn't expect to have a comprehensive bill put together and be voted on prior to that date?

Poirier, R-North Attleboro, said there are a number of bills pending at the Statehouse in response to the shootings, such as the one at Sandy Hook Elementary School last December in Newtown, Conn

Yep... the Newtown card.

The closer it gets to the one year observance, the antis are going to be pushing more aggressively and vocally to get something passed.

I just sent info to our Secretary at Mansfield F&G so that our membership can be notified of this event.

Thanks for organizing and posting this info.

...or if the legislation has been put together - be a great opportunity to rail against it.

Nov 25th.

I take it that means that Naughton doesn't expect to have a comprehensive bill put together and be voted on prior to that date?

Yep... the Newtown card.

The closer it gets to the one year observance, the antis are going to be pushing more aggressively and vocally to get something passed.

...and why we need as many of our voices to be heard at the same time.

I've gone to two of these. At one there were two antis & a couple of possible antis (couldn't tell, they were a lil out there [rolleyes] ) and about 60 of us. At the second, there was 1 anti and about 60 of us. Rep Naughton only spoke for a couple of minutes beforehand. I don't feel that it was a waste of time. A couple of guys on our side didn't do us any favors by their demeanor but all in all the vast majority who spoke were able to articulate their concerns well. It would be good if we could get more women to speak on our side, there were only a handful at each. When people speak to the specifics of the bills (including bill number) and why they are harmful to us, that seems to garner a lot more interest than just general pro-2A ramblings.

I also don't think it hurts to point out how many job-having, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens are so fed up with this state that they are moving away. Some (not all) of the reps know who actually pays the bills here.

Reminder:
[h=2]North Attleboro, Ma "gun violence listening tour" is this Monday, Nov. 25 at 06:00 to 09:00 pm.[/h]
Reminder:

Thanks

Everyone should go to the hank naughton for AG facebook page and professionally post up questikns regardimg his srance on the AG gun roster and CC the public response to him as a "message." This will be the fastest way to get an official answer. If you are a trainer/instructor/club board member Id levy that as well. You can see my post on the wall for an example.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

ATTENTION FOLKS -

This meeting has been RE-SCHEDULED!!

My wife just spoke with Rep. Betty Poirier - who is hosting the meeting, she confirmed the date change.

NEW DATE / TIME: Monday, December 16, 6-9pm, North Attleboro Police Station - Community Room

Either Timilty or Naughton had to reschedule, but still wanted to attend the North Attleboro Meeting.

Please attend the meeting and have your voice heard.

Just a reminder that it is supposed to happen Monday, Dec. 16th at 6PM at North Attleboro PD.

Can we get anyone to absolutely confirm this date/time??

I'd hate to drive down there only to learn that it's not really happening.

Thank you.

Hi Folks -

It does appear that this meeting is on.

Local papers - Sun Chronicle & Free Press had articles this week inviting locals to attend.
Also yesterday, Telegram News mentioned it was happening tomorrow evening as well.

An interesting read on when / how this is all going to happen, check it out if you have not seen already:
http://www.telegram.com/article/20131214/NEWS/312159938/1116

Folks - it would be great to hear what you have to say to these Reps - and very likely your last chance before the Legislation is completed. Now is the time to speak. I seriously thank any and all that are willing to come and have your voice heard.

Back
Top Bottom