North Shore Simplex Net

cockpitbob

NES Member
For those North Shore folks interested in learning more about their area of coverage, tonight at 8:00 there will be a simplex net.

8:00pm check in on Danvers 145.47 repeater. Then net moves to simplex on 147.42.
Net control will be wo1ves with a beam antenna on a tower.

During check-in you can note everyone in the net, then when we go simplex you can see how many of them you can hear talking to net control. Net control swings the beam around so you'll be able to make contact with him even if you can't hear anyone else. It's very educational.

I think he's going to resume this monthly net.

I tried responding on the radio preppers forum but gave up on all the verification roadblocks. North shore here, would def participate next time around & will keep an eye out for future nets. Thanks for running this.

Worth doing for me. I live next to a 100' hill and stations close to me are in its shadow. But I learned it's a clear shot to Marblehead where my parents in law spend summers. Need to get them to get their tickets.

Looks like the net will be a regular thing. Last Saturday of the month at 8:00 starting on the Danvers repeater.

Last edited:
Bob, I'm in Marblehead as well so if you ever want to set up a sked to check things out just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom