• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northeast Prices and Availability...?

Well I'm moving back to RI (military) and everywhere I've looked online for pricing info in the area has variable prices on my favors of ammo so my question now is should I overstock before I make the move? This is what I'm paying right now and the ammo is in high stock.
5.56- AE tracer 64gr $102- 200rds
5.56- Winchester 55gr $109- 200rds
.40- AE FMJ 165gr $16- 50rds
.45- Rem FMJ 230gr $96- 250rds
.338 Mag- Fusion 225gr $42- 20rds
7.62x54r- surplus 148gr $125- 880rds
These are tax free with the exception being the surplus.
I can deal with a moderate hike but any intel on inflated NEastern prices or if you know any of these are hard to get normally *aside from everyone going nuts stockpiling right now* would be appreciated.

BTW- I'm new to NES and not really the introductory type of person, but here I am and I look forward to being part and contributing to a thriving firearm community.
-GIXX

Well, some of the RI stores are pricey, others are not... Then there is always ammo by mail options. Just bought from Wideners some 9mm, 38sp, 357... Lot of places are cleaned completely out now, hopefully it will come down soon and things will get more available... I am new to forums too, I guess here I am as well...

It's not so much a matter of price around here these days, but availability. I would stock up now if you still can get reasonably priced ammo. Oh, and welcome to both of you. Consider joining the site and going green. We constantly have great members only group buys going on. You can easily pay for the membership with one good group buy. We currently have 2 in the works for lower receivers.

I am a little bit on the fence about joining membership ( had tough time joining forum- was refused with no apparent reason)... How does group buy works with firearms and ammo since I am in RI and purchase might be shipped to Mass...? waiting for 6 weeks now to get my MA CCL, otherwise not too keen on going to(through) Mass with any kind of firearm...

That seems like a targeted question and I don't believe it will be answered here unless someone stumbles upon this thread. I'll be in RI as well but I'm not too worried about transfers.

Eh, what the heck, $21.00 will not break the wallet... If you going to NavstaNewport and interested with shooting situation here and such- PM me, or here... Also, if you are into tabletop wargaming - contact me...

I am a little bit on the fence about joining membership ( had tough time joining forum- was refused with no apparent reason)... How does group buy works with firearms and ammo since I am in RI and purchase might be shipped to Mass...? waiting for 6 weeks now to get my MA CCL, otherwise not too keen on going to(through) Mass with any kind of firearm...

With a large enough group buy, as in the current billeted lowers one, we have multiple FFLs in Mass, usually one in RI, and one in NH prearranged to take possession and carry out the transfer.

@ No Trucks allowed- thanks!
I second what Carnea told about Tiverton club. I belong to Warren club- long history there and a lot of friends... As for the forums- CRALRI iks a bit dead at the moment, no info on second one...

Back
Top Bottom