Northeast Shooters 15th Anniversary

Coming up on my one year anniversary with NES. Have throughly enjoyed the journey! Met members through transactions with everyone being cool to deal with. I talk about NES as if is a friend! Lol. Will be a member for as long as NES will be around.

I just realized that NES has been around since February 25th of 2005.

Esteemed member LenS has been here since February 26th of 2005, so his membership number must be a single digit.
(that make you feel old Len ? [laugh] )

The 15th anniversary of this groups creation was just over a month ago, but came and went without a single mention here.

You'd think somebody would have remembered. View attachment 342211

Maybe we're all getting too old, there's a reason why they say your memory is the second thing to go.

Anyway, cheers to Derek, Shorty and the rest of the gang that have managed to keep this thing together for so long.

View attachment 342213

[cheers]View attachment 342212View attachment 342215View attachment 342214 [mg]

Thank you - happy anniversary to NES (and me!) :D

it's amazing how this pandemic has brought back all the old timey members from the early years who abandoned nes in it's infancy. gotta giggle cause they think they're the reason nes is successful now even if they haven't been around for 14 out of the 15 years. there i go...being controversial again. :mad:

IMO the reason this board has survived and prospered(in the past maybe decade) is due to the moderation of DrGrant.

Obviously not taking away from the behind the scenes shit that Derek does, but the day to day ops and moderating without silencing has kept people around..Moderators can, and do, drive people away from message boards.

So Mike, this buds for you [wave]
Thanks for the kudos, but if it wasn't for the Derek, the other mods here, and most critically, the great members and participants here, we wouldn't have what we have. Overall I've never encountered a more quality, diverse group of people than the folks here on NES....

Overall I've never encountered a more quality, diverse group of people than the folks here on NES....
"Did you just call me a whore?... You betta neva show ya face around Quinzee again!"
Obscure movie quote. Rep points to whoever id's it first.

NES is pretty cool. I've been around for a while now.

I've definitely learned a lot from this site over the years. It is a great resource. Thank you, Derek, and fellow green members!

Migrated over from the hometown forum on ARF.com in March 2005. Member #86. Thanks to Derek and all involved. It’s been an entertaining and informative 15 years.

Migrated over from the hometown forum on ARF.com in March 2005. Member #86.
cool. you must have been in a coma and just woke...88 posts in 15 years... mother f***er!

disclaimer: i just had a few scotches and a pain med....i'll be typing my mind for the next few hours. if i'm gonna get bannished can i have 24 hours notice please. just to get use to it, you know?

Happy Birthday Northeastshooters!

I remember it. Fifteen years ago I was browsing a hometown section on AR-15.com and came across Derek's post about a new local firearms forum. This how I became a member number 300.
Thank you Derek!

Certainly Informative and THE most entertaining firearms forum out there. Most others are so strictly censored I rarely go there unless I need something specific. NES is unique and never fails to deliver the goods. Like going to the corner penny candy store with a dollar in your pocket. You can always find a few tasty treats to chomp on!

Back
Top Bottom