• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northeast Shooters' Classified Forum

I just wanted to say how glad I am that we have a strong, thriving, and increasingly active classifieds forum. It's getting at least two or three times as much action as it was last spring when I first joined the NES forum, and that is a very good thing. It's great to see people lawfully buying and selling the kind of "evil" guns that would get Tom Riley's panties in a wad - Kimbers, Glocks, HKs, even a FiveseveN. Excellent!

I remember back when the Want Advertiser used to have five or six pages of firearms listings...now it's pathetic. It's really nice to have a good alternative for local, FTF transactions. Any internet forum is only as good as the content the contributers are willing to provide. We are all to be congratulated on a job well done.

BTW, I've done two transactions through the classifieds forums, and I've been very happy on both counts.

I bought a Glock through the classifieds. I had no doubts or concerns but my husband was wary. But when he saw my gun and met the gentleman selling said Glock he was so insanely jealous we contacted that same said gentleman and bought another Glock for my husband... [lol] [lol]

I was thinking the same thing about the WantAd too. It's nice to see the classifieds here getting the action that they're getting.
Shows that the board is actually a thriving community.

I've bought several things from the NES Gazette. And I've been nothing but happy.

I think that it says a lot that everyone is happy with the PERSON that they bought from. Means that we've got a good group and ones that don't want to screw you over.

I have picked up 2 from the classifieds. My Para, and my SAR-1.

Both great transactions, great prices, and the pieces were exactly as stated.

Adam

I've sold two handguns and bought a handgun and a rifle with the proceeds of those sales. I am quite satisfied with all three transactions.

And I hope that the new owners of my old guns enjoy them. [wink]

I've purchased three handguns.. easy transactions and great people. New classifieds are always the first threads I check when I sign on :D

Bugie

I have been reluctant to offer guns for sale on the nat'l gun boards or auctions, even though I have had only good experiences with non-gun auctions. The family feel of NES, and your comments above, give me confidence in transactions at the NES Gazette that I just don't get anywhere else.

But I do have a concern: How would I know, as a Mainer, what guns are acceptable for FFL transfer into MA? I guess I feel I'd be discourteous to offer up something that the MA-resident NES denizens couldn't consider.
Or in some ways worse, imagine the frustration all around if buyer & seller both believe a gun to be MA-compliant; only to have the MA-end FFL decide it isn't, and ship it back.

Ray P said:
I have been reluctant to offer guns for sale on the nat'l gun boards or auctions, even though I have had only good experiences with non-gun auctions. The family feel of NES, and your comments above, give me confidence in transactions at the NES Gazette that I just don't get anywhere else.

But I do have a concern: How would I know, as a Mainer, what guns are acceptable for FFL transfer into MA? I guess I feel I'd be discourteous to offer up something that the MA-resident NES denizens couldn't consider.
Or in some ways worse, imagine the frustration all around if buyer & seller both believe a gun to be MA-compliant; only to have the MA-end FFL decide it isn't, and ship it back.

Trust us, most of us Ma**h***s know what you can and can't sell. And don't worry about us, every gun deserves a good home. Sell away.

Ray P said:

Some of us may just know the right kind of MA FFL (small, knowing smile).

Ray P said:
OK, I'm over my concern. I feel much better now. :)
And the reality of the classifieds matched with NES members infinite wisdom, someone would give you a heads up if something you were offering was not MA legal.

This happened a little while back when someone who had a shop in ME was letting go of Glock high capactiy mags and some MA NESers tried to grab them up. No worries, if someone wants what you have and it is MA legal that provides you a larger audience.

Don't forget, there's folks in NH as well who aren't as constrained as we are in the PR of M. Did I say constrained? Sorry, I meant handcuffed.

dreppucci007 said:
Lynne said:
Don't forget, there's folks in NH as well who aren't as constrained as we are in the PR of M. Did I say constrained? Sorry, I meant handcuffed.

I think handcuffed is still a polite understatement, Lynne. [roll]

True, but I am a Mod, which means I need to behave. :D

Same here: Bought an AR and sold a SW99 through the classifieds here. Good guys both times, no BS.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom