• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northeast Trading Co, North Attleboro, MA

Great gun shop

Northeast Trading is outstanding. I bought two guns in the past 8 months from them. Reasonable prices and great service. They usually have the ammo and supplies that I need. They have some good used guns also if anyone is in the market.

Update: Since he has been identified as the person calling the AG on another gun store (Bass Pro Shops) he is not interested in joining together to fight the AG's stupid laws regarding selling GLOCKs and other "banned" firearms. I will take my business elsewhere.

Last edited:
I use go to Northeast alot. But due to recent events I've decided to go else where.

Last edited:
It's one of my favs.

I have to say. I really like this shop. Most of everything was said above. But they also carry a lot of reloading supplies. And, which saves me a drive out to Middleboro, he carries Dillon Supplies. Which is the rig I have.

Another thing that I like about Northeast Trading, if Ted doesn't have it, he will do what he can to order it for you.

They really are a fun group that works there. There are times that I've just ran in for one thing, and spent an hour there just talking with everyone.

He does..

Yea, I bought a LARGE safe from Ted. When I got home I called because I was having issues opening it. He offered to drive over to the house and assist. But he said to try one more thing. It worked, so he didn't have to drive over. But the fact that he was willing, was a plus in my book.

That's great about the .41 mag. I orderd some Dillon .44 mag dies from him. He gave me a hard time because I would buy his reloaded .44 all the time. He gave me a hard time saying that's why I wasn't bringing back the brass. So I could keep it to reload. He said that I was smart and gave me a hard time.

He's really is good about helping with anything that he can. Tips on reloading, or choosing a firearm for what you're doing. Even working with you if you want to make payments instead of just buying outright. Which I like because I've done that for some high price items. And if I tried to save for something. I would just end up spending it on something else. HA!

I don't patronize gun stores that rat out the competition to the Attorney General. For more details, check out the Bass Pro threads about the dealer who called the AG to complain that Bass Pro Shops were selling Glocks.

I recommend anyone else but this store.

Last edited:
Not Impressed. I walked in, and spent 15 minutes clearly looking at the 4ar's they have, and the sigs. Not once did they offer me any help, or acknoledge I was there.

The other rednecks in there had open offers to show anything in the cases....

Maybe its complaining, but a little "hello" or something would be nice... whatever is in your magazine yuou can read after I leave....

Well, I said it before, I'll say it again.
They're on my shit-list.

Went in, a SW 22A got my attention, I turned to the owner, said "interested in a trade?"
"nope".

Never even gave me an oppertunity to see what was involved in it.
He was a Grade-A d*ck, which is one step below "ignore", which is what I got last time.

I thought I'de give them another chance, and they (HE) blew it... too bad, they're so close to my gun range.....

My experience there during the middle of this week was less than stellar. Selection wan't good either. Small place. Same prices on some stuff as other stores. Mediocre help.

But, if you can find a gun there that you like and are willing to put up with it... then go right ahead. I sure wont tell you to 'stay away' from there.

Well, I got a third GREAT experience from Ted tonight!

Customized hours JUST for me!
He was 'kind' enough to be so worrie about his business that he sent me an email to resolve the situation.
"Did you ever think it may be you !!!

Ted

Northeast Trading Co."
My response :
Ted,
Thank you for your third cordial experience with your establishment.

You seem to forget who your customers are,
A customer is the most important person in any business. A customer is not dependent on you. You are dependent on us. A customer is not an interruption of your work, we are the purpose of it. You are not doing a favor by serving us... we are doing you a favor, by giving you the opportunity to do so. A customer is part of your business, not an outsider. A customer is not just money in the cash register. A customer is a human being with feelings and deserves to be treated with respect. A customer is a person who come to you with needs and wants. It is your job to fill them. A customer deserves the most courteous attention you can give us. A customer is not someone to argue, or match wits with. Nobody ever won an argument with a customer. A customer is the lifeblood of your and every business. A customer pays your salary. Without customers you would have to close your doors.

You don't know who I am, where I work, and who I know. With uniform prices and identical product availability of every other firearm store in the Commonwealth, what else, other than your "customer" service, can you offer that the next shop can not? There are reasons certain firearm dealers are very successful, and others are just squeezing by. I would like to thank you for making your business intentions very clear to myself. I'm going to spend X amount every year in firearms and related products; I'd hate to see that business go to an Establishment whom, quite frankly, doesn't deserve the business of a single pack of bore-patches due to their beliefs that their establishment is a 'favor' to me. "

And went on to clearly note I wanted no other contact from him...

What type of business does this? This is about as petty as the time I went to Wendys, I thought the lady said "please pull up", as I pull up, she insists she didn't say that, and that she's not "allowed" to take an order at the window, and I must drive back around to the speaker. This went on for a few minutes, until the manager came, saw who I was, realized that, at the time, I frequently did "wendy's runs" for work, bringing in nearly 40$ of business a few times every week, appologized. I never returned.
How petty, for a business to continue to berate a customer and insist they are wrong.
Hey JackOff " THE CUSTOMER IS NEVER WRONG!"

I was in Northeast Trading today and ordered almost $400 worth of stuff. Ted said that my order will be in next Tuesday, and I thought the transaction went very smoothly.

I had no problems at all, but then I seem to go through life like that.
On the other hand I have seen Ted blow off a "difficult" customer or two.

It doesn't seem to be hurting his business as someone told me he was in the top four or five gun dealers in the state.

Respectfully,

jkelly

I go to NETco often to see whats new. All I have ever bought from them is some ammo(if I wasn't poor I would get a pistol), and I have always been treated with great respect. I would buy from them first even at more cost to me ecause of my experiences with them.

I realy must say Rep. of Mass, your idea that "The customer is always right" shows how ill you must think of any buisness that does not bend to your will.

Thanks to NET

I wanted to add my comments after I read about others "bad" experiences. I have only had good experiences with NET and Ted.

1. I, for one, don't want to have someone "greet me and be overly friendly" when I walk into a store, as I get enough of that S%&T at circuit city, etc. Is NET a laid back store, yes. I for one like that.
But, yes, I could tell he knew most of the other customers in the store, personally, so he was speaking to them before me. (Is that bad? No, it says he has a lot of return customers!)
2. When I was ready to look at guns and ask questions, Ted was right there and was extremely helpful. And in my initial plans for a Glock and a 22 target pisto, Ted spent over an hour with me discussing the pros and cons of each. I ended up buying a Glock 22 and Ruger MK111 22 and 500 rds of ammo. I left the store with a good feeling of buying the right guns for me. And, as a business man, he succeeded in making a sale, and getting a happy customer, that will return.
3. Ted is very big on his after sale support. Both in warranty (Lifetime on the Ruger) but also if I had any problems, i could be sure he would be there to help.
4. He didn't have the Glock mag holder I wanted, so he immediately ordered it for me, and I had it the next time I went to his store. So, again, this is the kind of gun store that will get my business.
5. And, yes, same as others, having NET about 10 miles from my house and FS about 50 miles (100 round trip) saves me a lot in time and gas.
6. Ted speaks very highly of Carl and other area gun shops. This also means he is a good business man. (I was in FS last week speaking to Carl, and Carl took a phone call from Ted looking for stock on some certain ammo. Again, a sign that good gun shops will back each other up, to help a customer.)
7. Ted's prices are usually equal to FS, and lower than other shops i have found. Only one cheaper than FS or Ted is Wally World.

And if you want a "big" glitzy gun shop, then go to Utah, Colorado, or Arizona, and you will see stores 10-20 times bigger than any Mass store.
But this is Mass, so shops like NET are a true find for MA gun owners.

BTW- I just stopped by Kittery Trading Post (maine) last week. I was very surprized to find most the prices (gun & ammo) HIGHER than NET or FS. Big store, 1000s of guns, lots of toys, but prices were not any better.

Sorry for the poster that has felt "mistreated" by Ted, because I for one will make him my primary shop.

Traveler,

I want to take a guess regarding your experience with KTP . . .

Unless something drastic has changed, KTP is the retail side of Shawmut Distributing, one of the largest gun distributors in the Northeast.

If you are a wholesaler and discount your retail operation, you will get bitching from your dealer clientèle and eventually they will go elsewhere.

So, if you run both wholesale and retail, you will usually up-price your retail stock, compared with your dealer customers.

Bottom line, lots of product at KTP, but not many "deals".

BTW, they will NOT accept a C&R FFL at all! I suspect that my comments above may have something to do with that as well.

Back to Ted . . .

Does Ted accept C&R FFLs (no NICS)? Whether or not he does an FA-10 is irrelevant, as the buyer must do one anyway, so it matters not if Ted does it or the buyer does it.

KTP

Len,

You are probably right on the money on how KTP does it's pricing. It just that coming from the west and the south when I was younger, I remember a lot more competition due to the large number of both large and small gun shops.

But, I still had to visit KTP again, with a shiny, new LTC A in my pocket to see for myself if there were any "deals" there. Good news was than the woman behind the counter helped me find the right holsters for my 357 and my 22 Ruger, and she was extremely knowledgable about guns.

for Northeast Trading, I will ask Ted about C&R FFL. I just got my package last week, and hope to send it off in the next few days. I'll repost when I find out.

As for any local gun shop, I am more than happy to pay reasonable prices for a knowledgable staff. (Same as I treat my scuba shop.) Cheaper and dumber doesn't really help me much, except maybe for ammo at Wally World. And overpriced and arogant shops should just go out of business.

When I was a kid I used to go in there to buy fishing supplies (I lived on Greenwood lake down the road). They were always good to me then. I loved poking around in there.

I'm assuming it is the same shop now... almost 20 years later... Ugh I'm getting old.

I think I'll stop in when I visit my sister down there next week.

Matt

I go in there all the time and have nothing but good things to say about them.
They stand behind all of their stuff, tries to answer your questions the best they can. And if they dont have it they will get it for ya. What more do you need?

I visit Ted and the "gang" at least a couple times a month-
The actual, real-life customer service and courtesies extended to everyone, regular or newcomer, is surprising at this time of outsourcing and "who cares" attitudes.

The prices are quite reasonable, comparable to most and lower than others (even the other great one in Woburn that everyone compares most area stores to) on several items that I have purchased.

Special ordering? No problem- usually Ted can get whatever you need within 7-10 days TOPS. I needed some mags, they were there in 4 days, with a couple more for the shelves. I needed powder, 5 days, with some for stock (made it easy to get more!).

He and his staff, always willing to go out of the way and take service the extra 300 yards, make shopping and returning to NE trading a no-brainer.

I, my friends, and my family members, have made several firearms purchases there, and, when my wife receives her LTC from the state in the next couple weeks, will be purchasing her first firearm from Ted.

I have never seen a bad attitude displayed by anyone in his employ, and tend to think that it would not be tolerated.

All in all, Northeast Trading combines old-fashioned service, friendly attitudes, excellent pricing, a local small-town feel, and an excellent location into one great place to browse or purchase to suit any of your shooting needs.

I was there today for the first time. Friendly, but not overbearing. The guy behind the counter was busy with a customer who was actually buying a firearm so I didn't bother him. My friend and I wandered around a bit looking over the selection. Limited amount of used stuff, but lots of nice new long guns and handguns. I thought the prices were on the high side by a bit, but I'm not an expert so I'm probably wrong. Ammo prices were competitive. Very nice store with all sorts of stuff. A very good selection of ammunition, too.

I ended up buying four boxes of .38 reloads for practice and a box of HP for carry. I also bought a copy of Gun List just to see what it was like. I didn't know that my 03 FFL was in the mailbox, but I wanted to see what's available in the way of C&R stuff.

Overall, very nice shop and I'd certainly go down and look if I were in the market for a firearm.

gary

Re: Thanks to NET

traveler57 said:
BTW- I just stopped by Kittery Trading Post (maine) last week. I was very surprized to find most the prices (gun & ammo) HIGHER than NET or FS. Big store, 1000s of guns, lots of toys, but prices were not any better.
I bought my first two handguns from KTP while I was a resident of Maine. I was surprised to find great prices when I moved here 3 years ago. My collection has grown quite a bit because of Four Seasons and the Ware Gun Shop. If your at KTP after a certain season has closed or they're having a big sale you can find some decent prices. Their everyday prices are geared for the people too lazy to shop around IMHO.

"If your [sic] at KTP after a certain season has closed or they're having a big sale you can find some decent prices. Their everyday prices are geared for the people too lazy to shop around IMHO."

Agreed. The place is now for touristas, as is the three or four miles of "outlet" strip malls that have metastacized both sides of the highway heading north. Add the 7% sales tax and the time and fuel to get there if you weren't driving past anyway, and you have no reason not to shop from local gun stores.

Ted is closest to me and I use him for most items, especially primers and powder. I wish he'd stock jacketed bulk bullets instead of only cast, but I still have an outside source or two for them. [wink]

Another purchase from NET

Just another post to let everyone know that Northeast got another sale today. I just bought a SW1911 (after 25 years). Great price (about 25% off of list) and having the S&W rep there was actually pretty useful. He was professional and answered all my questions. He ended up guiding me to the SS version with adj. sights as a good "first" 1911. It will be a life-time gun, and I can always get the Performance Center, Scandium and Doug Koenig versions later, if I really need them.

Ted was extremely busy, but still was able to hand me gun after gun to look at, and answer my questions. Very professional. He knows he is keeping a good 6-8 gun a year type customer, happy and coming back.

And thanks to TYPEO1313 too, as he was there with his CCW 1911. Only knowing him by his posts here, still gave me the confidence to take his opinions to heart.

had a good time

I left the cape on my motorcycle about 7 am, a great day for a ride and a new gun shop for me to visit. About a 60 mile ride with no traffic super!!
Well when I got ther the place was jammed!! Everyone was GREAT meet a lot of people. TYPEO1313 lived up to his word and stopped what he was doing and gave me his autogragh!!!!.Meet Ed# can't remenber. Ted, Fred, Carl and everyone else made me feel at home.

Bought TWO guns - S&W 642 - and a S&W 617.

Also liked the price on a Rugar single six blue 5 1/2 in w2/cl. for under $320!

Will be back.

Fredric

Very Happy Customer here... good people, nice shop, easy location... impressed would recommend to anyone!

Left with a new Beretta Xtrema2 :)

Back
Top Bottom