• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northeast Trading Co, North Attleboro, MA

Based on the trustworthiness of Len, Mike and many of the other NESers who I have seen comment on the subject it's not "2nd hand info" to me.

Thanks for calling me an "a**hole* with your neg rep point! Whatever...

Guess it is just easier to follow. And I never disputed the fact that he called on BPS. Just the other hear say.

And I never disputed the fact that he called on BPS. Just the other hear say.

Well, IIRC Qmmo posted that info here. But if not, I stated him as my source. Give him a call or see him at an NES Shoot and ask him, he'll tell you . . . then you'll have the same 2nd hand info I have.

None of us are going to find a letter from him stating that info, so you'll never get 1st hand info on it unless you were there when it happened. That's the best that any of can do.

Also, it's not much of a stretch for anyone to say that if someone will rat out one company, that they wouldn't do the same to other companies as well. Much like gang-bangers, a rat isn't likely to "turn his life around" . . . besides the ammo stuff happened BEFORE BassPro even built in MA, so one could say that BP was likely a natural extension of the way he did business and probably not be very far from the truth.

I think if the allegations are off the mark, there has always been and will continue to be an opportunity for Ted to convey his side of the story or address the allegations directly and in context, seemingly he either doesn't care about his "reputation" or chooses not to address the matter publicly, while that is certainly his prerogative, in terms of managing negative public relations, it is not a generally accepted practice.. Ergo, doing nothing conveys it's own meaning.

Thanks for calling me an "a**hole* with your neg rep point! Whatever...

Guess it is just easier to follow. And I never disputed the fact that he called on BPS. Just the other hear say.

You called DrGrant an ass. I believe I was well within my rights to neg rep that.

Ted Polisher? Your an ASS!
Because I choose to shop where I want? I left it alone, why don't you come up with something more than "read the thread". Because you can't.

Last edited:
Let's end this now. We are all supposed to be on the same side. Some people have reasons to shop at NET, other have reasons not to shop there. Let's not fight over it.

"they folded like a 2-bit whore the following morning"

The anecdotal story of experiences to which makes this observation recognizable might be interesting.

"they folded like a 2-bit whore the following morning"

The anecdotal story of experiences to which makes this observation recognizable might be interesting.

I'm pretty sure that all the stories were told in the BassPro mega-thread. Put a pot of coffee on, pull up a comfy chair and spend a day reading. It's "enlightening"!

I would occasionally shop at his store because its fairly close to where I live. Well I went there a few weeks ago for them to do a transfer on a FAL and a M1A i was going to buy. He transferred the FAL no problem but wouldnt transfer the M1A. He told me he wasnt sure if it was compliant or not (which it is) and said he wasnt going to waste his time looking it up. Now i can understand if the store was packed and people were waiting inline but i was the only person in the store besides the guy i was buying the rifles from. So needless to say i most likely wont be going back.

He told me he wasnt sure if it was compliant or not (which it is) and said he wasnt going to waste his time looking it up.

What wonderful customer service. Great way to keep customers. [rolleyes]
crazy.gif

I used to frequet NETP alot prior to owning a firearm to purchase live bait for fishing. I went in just after recieving my LTC. I had questions and wanted to handle a few hand guns. The man at the counter gave me his opinion (if he had knowledge of it) on every firearm in the case. I also held every one. He was more than happy answering questions for me. I did not purchase a firearm from them yet, but I am sure i will in the future.

I worked at NE Trading for a bit and have been shopping there for a long time. I shop there and at Bass Pro.

PROS:
*Staff is very knowledgeable (Bass Pro associates have told me some very incorrect stuff, like all Sigs being banned in MA)
*Prices are good, and he makes quality reload ammunition
*If he doesn't have it, he will order it
*He's personable and will answer questions over email
*Every now and then you'll find gems in the store. I once found ammo cans filled with 800 rounds of 30-06 for $80. All loaded into en-blocks. He sometimes has pre-ban high capacity magazines, and rare used firearms. He did have a number of factory refurbished glocks all with 3-7 pre-pan, high capacity magazines for very cheap.
*His License to Carry class is cheap, and goes above and beyond the requirements for the course (Keeping it at an average length). I learned a ton in that course, versus other courses I've taken where instructors either just read from the book or seemed to know little to nothing about firearms and MA law.

CONS:
*Though he's got good customer service, he's somewhat selfish. He likes things to be easy. So if you have a lot of odd questions, or want something that's difficult to get through his distributor, he's not going to be helpful. He won't be mean about it. However, he won't take some credit cards and won't be a supplier for some manufacturers (Or even get you parts from a few of them) because "They're difficult to work with".
*The staff hates lingerers. If you come in and look around at guns and like to handle them, and never buy anything, the staff is going to dislike you. A lot. I don't blame them though, from my experience most of these people were just wannabe gun owners or gangster thugs. People you don't really want to waste your time with.
*The rumor going around

I still buy from him, despite the rumors. I buy accessories like holsters/safes etc from Bass Pro because they've got a better selection and prices. But I get all of my ammo and firearms from NE Trade because it's cheaper, the staff is knowledgeable, and the customer service is good. I recommend them.

I recommend ANY shop over a shop whose owner ratted out businesses out of state doing mailorder, to the AG and then bragged about it in front of people who post here. Common decency prohibits me from posting my personal opinion of a man who assists an anti-gun AG in crushing the rigts of gun owners in this state, but suffice it to say that my opinion is as low as they go. Not a penny from me. Ever.

They aren't rumors.
Well to the people who haven't read this whole thread and read for themselves what multiple and credible members here wrote they ARE rumors. Those members were told to their face by Ted HIMSELF the rumors were true but unless someone reads that they'll continue to think the rumors are baseless. Not everybody wants to know the truth maybe because NET is so close to where they live. Thank God most people here respect the RKBA enough to not give a cent to someone like Ted.

If I had taken the advice from NET I had gotten the once or twice I went in there before finding out what a rat he is, I would have been a felon a long time ago.

I worked at NE Trading for a bit and have been shopping there for a long time. I shop there and at Bass Pro.

PROS:
*Staff is very knowledgeable (Bass Pro associates have told me some very incorrect stuff, like all Sigs being banned in MA)
*Prices are good, and he makes quality reload ammunition
*If he doesn't have it, he will order it
*He's personable and will answer questions over email
*Every now and then you'll find gems in the store. I once found ammo cans filled with 800 rounds of 30-06 for $80. All loaded into en-blocks. He sometimes has pre-ban high capacity magazines, and rare used firearms. He did have a number of factory refurbished glocks all with 3-7 pre-pan, high capacity magazines for very cheap.
*His License to Carry class is cheap, and goes above and beyond the requirements for the course (Keeping it at an average length). I learned a ton in that course, versus other courses I've taken where instructors either just read from the book or seemed to know little to nothing about firearms and MA law.

CONS:
*Though he's got good customer service, he's somewhat selfish. He likes things to be easy. So if you have a lot of odd questions, or want something that's difficult to get through his distributor, he's not going to be helpful. He won't be mean about it. However, he won't take some credit cards and won't be a supplier for some manufacturers (Or even get you parts from a few of them) because "They're difficult to work with".
*The staff hates lingerers. If you come in and look around at guns and like to handle them, and never buy anything, the staff is going to dislike you. A lot. I don't blame them though, from my experience most of these people were just wannabe gun owners or gangster thugs. People you don't really want to waste your time with.
*The rumor going around

I still buy from him, despite the rumors. I buy accessories like holsters/safes etc from Bass Pro because they've got a better selection and prices. But I get all of my ammo and firearms from NE Trade because it's cheaper, the staff is knowledgeable, and the customer service is good. I recommend them.

Soooooo, a Con to the ship is he doesn't feel like doing what a gun store does: let people look at firearms. Got it.

Well to the people who haven't read this whole thread and read for themselves what multiple and credible members here wrote they ARE rumors. Those members were told to their face by Ted HIMSELF the rumors were true but unless someone reads that they'll continue to think the rumors are baseless. Not everybody wants to know the truth maybe because NET is so close to where they live. Thank God most people here respect the RKBA enough to not give a cent to someone like Ted.

Yeah I havn't read everything. I've got today off and have been reading as much of the entire forum as I can, but all I've heard so far is something about ratting on Bass Pro and getting ammo sales from out of state be banned or something along those lines. I read a ton of posts reacting about it but never found any articles or anything. Plus, my review takes in to account that the only gun stores within an hour from me are Bass Pro and NET. Anything else is one hell of a hike, and my Jeep only gets 12mpg.

Yeah I havn't read everything. I've got today off and have been reading as much of the entire forum as I can, but all I've heard so far is something about ratting on Bass Pro and getting ammo sales from out of state be banned or something along those lines. I read a ton of posts reacting about it but never found any articles or anything. Plus, my review takes in to account that the only gun stores within an hour from me are Bass Pro and NET. Anything else is one hell of a hike, and my Jeep only gets 12mpg.

Where do you live, I am willing to bet there are more stores as close as Bass Pro and NET.

Back
Top Bottom