• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northeast Trading Co, North Attleboro, MA

Soooooo, a Con to the ship is he doesn't feel like doing what a gun store does: let people look at firearms. Got it.

I'm a manager and I keep a strong customer service focus, and I know that his is deplorable. Maybe because I worked for him, but I've always been treated great. I've gotten free boxes of ammo, stuff put on hold without deposit, lots of custom ordered stuff, I get allowed in the back etc etc etc.

But more on-topic, back in the day we had a lot of people come in and spend 30-60 minutes just holding guns. There's not a lot of space in front of the registers and these people would come in every week, around the same time, and just want to hold as many guns as possible. Then they'd get all excited and act like giddy school girls (Like I do before I add to my collection) but they'd never do anything. Never buy a gun, or ammo, or accessories. We had one scrawny guy come in once a week every week for six months and he'd stay at least an hour. We had another one who'd come in once a month and linger for about an hour, but he'd break every 10 minutes to take a few puffs of his cigar. The smell drove customers out, often.

A lot of customers we had at NET where ignorant and disrespectful. We'd often get groups of kids no older than 18 that'd wander in and walk to the back, and start touching everything, looking at us every few seconds as if they didn't want to get "caught". I remember a guy come in, walk right up to the desk, reach in his waste band as he's saying "I got something to show you" and pulled out a loaded revolver, pointing it at one of the sales staff, who ordered him to put it down or he'd draw (It was a non-threatening gesture, but he still pulled a firearm out and pointed it at a person, finger on the trigger and everything). Despite what you may think, this happened a lot, and people who would hold our firearms for sale would often point it at other people (Especially staff).

So yeah, there was a foul taste in our mouths when customers would come in and do anything other than help themselves and cash out. Those people we had a lot of respect for.

But to get back to the rumors, what the heck else am I missing?

Where do you live, I am willing to bet there are more stores as close as Bass Pro and NET.

I'm on the border of Dedham and Norwood. There's Bass Pro, which I go to. There's a few heading north just past Boston, but traffic would put that at about an hour commute. NET is about 30 minutes away. There's another store about 20 minutes away, but they have odd hours and the guy seems to close shop whenever he wants (It's like 12-4 wed/fri, sun 10-2).

I've done a few searches and haven't found any other, with exception to the one in Franklin which hasn't opened yet if I remember.

I'm on the border of Dedham and Norwood. There's Bass Pro, which I go to. There's a few heading north just past Boston, but traffic would put that at about an hour commute. NET is about 30 minutes away. There's another store about 20 minutes away, but they have odd hours and the guy seems to close shop whenever he wants (It's like 12-4 wed/fri, sun 10-2).

I've done a few searches and haven't found any other, with exception to the one in Franklin which hasn't opened yet if I remember.

Zero hour is not to far away, 40mins maybe give or take

Zero Hour is a short rip down 24 in Easton, Fat Cat's (or Collector's) in Bridgewater, The Sportsman's Den in Quincy, First Defense in Uxbridge, all should be less then an hour from you.

Let's see:

First Defense - Uxbridge - you will get first class service from Dennis and Shelly! Evening hours and Saturdays as both have "day jobs".
Precision - Franklin - just opened, I expect you will be treated decently there.
Zero Hour - excellent place/people.

The above are run by folks that are NES'rs and understand customer service.

In spite of 128 traffic, Four Seasons - Woburn and Collectors - Stoneham are worth the drive (I try to hit both when up that way, a GPS will show you they are only ~3 miles from each other via back roads). Just avoid rush hours, it should be ~30 minutes from Rte. 1 & 128 junction.

I think there are others in Middleboro area, etc. but can't rattle names/locations off of memory. Take a look thru the reviews of dealers here for places and you'll probably be surprised.

Zero Hour is a short rip down 24 in Easton, Fat Cat's (or Collector's) in Bridgewater, The Sportsman's Den in Quincy, First Defense in Uxbridge, all should be less then an hour from you.

I've been aware of all of the aformentioned except for Zero Hour. Plugged them in on my map, looks like ~30m trip. I've got their website bookmarked and I'm gunna check them out on my next paycheck. Sometimes it's nice to be wrong, thanks buddy!

I've been aware of all of the aformentioned except for Zero Hour. Plugged them in on my map, looks like ~30m trip. I've got their website bookmarked and I'm gunna check them out on my next paycheck. Sometimes it's nice to be wrong, thanks buddy!

Sure thing, just be careful going into Zero Hour, I always seem to leave there with nothing left in my checking account. [laugh]

There is also Bob's Gun and Archery in Webster. He is an awesome guy to deal with and knows his stuff. He is not far from First Defense. I bought my 1st gun from him.

Off topic for the thread, but;

Their website says they had H&K, do they sell used ones or something? My brother is dying to get an HK USP.

Can't say for sure, I have been kind of broke lately and don't like being teased, but they do tend to have the good stuff in stock.

Site and store photos look awesome, but I'm clocking in at a 1hr and 15 minute commute [thinking]

oh, my bad. [rofl] If you ever get out that way, I do recommend him though. He has a huge archery section too, if you're into that. It use to be his father's business if I am correct. I like family owned businesses. And his prices are on par with places like FS, FD, etc.

I've only read reactions to the "stuff" NET did. Can anyone point me to a proper post/link?
I don't have time to go back into this whole thread to dig up all the members here Ted talked with directly but maybe one or two of them can PM you and tell you about their face to face conversations with Ted. One of the conversations took place at a board meeting at the Mansfield Gun Club when Ted was at a meeting there. Ted was so full of himself when he admitted to the infractions he thought the members here were going to agree with what he did. Talk about out of touch.
Hope you find another gun shop to frequent.

I live in Mansfield and buy all my guns at Four Seasons. I called NET when I wanted to buy 2 rifles in stock and asked if he wanted to match 4S price. He said no so I drove 2 hours round trip and saved $90 on 2 rifles.

Last edited:
I don't have time to go back into this whole thread to dig up all the members here Ted talked with directly but maybe one or two of them can PM you and tell you about their face to face conversations with Ted. One of the conversations took place at a board meeting at the Mansfield Gun Club when Ted was at a meeting there. Ted was so full of himself when he admitted to the infractions he thought the members here were going to agree with what he did. Talk about out of touch.
Hope you find another gun shop to frequent.

I was the person you refer to. I think that the MF&G BOD meeting was within a few days of BassPro's grand opening. Ted proudly explained to all the BOD members that he made the calls and exactly what he did and when. He was proud as a peacock about it. I told him that he was wrong and besides which Ted's prices were $100 or more less than BP (their handgun prices are obscene) . . . he was worried about competition and thus he wanted to do what he could to hurt what he perceived as his competition.

Ever since that event, Ted has been out for my head (I was a Mod here back then) and I've never stepped foot in his shop since then and never will give him another dime . . . I'll go without first.

It was Qmmo (a well respected member here who commercially reloads ammo) who swears up and down that Ted told him that he ratted out the out-of-state dealers to the AG. I have no first-hand knowledge about that particular issue, but believe Qmmo!

So there is some of the first-hand knowledge that was asked for, without reading thru all the replies here.

I was the person you refer to. I think that the MF&G BOD meeting was within a few days of BassPro's grand opening. Ted proudly explained to all the BOD members that he made the calls and exactly what he did and when. He was proud as a peacock about it. I told him that he was wrong and besides which Ted's prices were $100 or more less than BP (their handgun prices are obscene) . . . he was worried about competition and thus he wanted to do what he could to hurt what he perceived as his competition.

Ever since that event, Ted has been out for my head (I was a Mod here back then) and I've never stepped foot in his shop since then and never will give him another dime . . . I'll go without first.

It was Qmmo (a well respected member here who commercially reloads ammo) who swears up and down that Ted told him that he ratted out the out-of-state dealers to the AG. I have no first-hand knowledge about that particular issue, but believe Qmmo!

So there is some of the first-hand knowledge that was asked for, without reading thru all the replies here.
Thanks Len. Like so many other members here I've met both Len and QMMO numerous times and trust both of them on their word. I can's see or haven't heard of any reason why either of them would like to hurt Ted.
If I remember correctly buried in this thread somewhere is another poster who asked Ted directly about the allegation of Ted talking to the AG about on-line ammo sales. Ted admitted in that instance as well that he had indeed talked with the AG. I'd be willing to bet someone could walk up to Ted to this day and he'd admit it.

I know their not the most popular shop around here for good reason! But, they are close by for me have good hours and only charge $25 for transfers so I've used them a couple times!

About a year ago I moved to North Attleboro and found his store I mentioned I was a member of this forum and he came right out and said they don't like me very much there and then told me why. He's deff not hiding it

Yea, he's actually proud of it.

As an Attleboro resident, I still find myself wondering about in his shop a couple of times a year. What can I say, I like to look at guns.

Other than bait a few times, I haven't spend a dime there

I know their not the most popular shop around here for good reason! But, they are close by for me have good hours and only charge $25 for transfers so I've used them a couple times!

It has been said that a capitalist will sell you the rope you use to hang him.

I heard rumors that he is ready to sell the shop. I bet most gun shop owners say that at least 3x a week though.

I heard rumors that he is ready to sell the shop. I bet most gun shop owners say that at least 3x a week though.

Sell it? I am surprised that the rat doesn't want to start a bonded warehouse. [rofl]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom