NorthShore looking for club/range

Hi,

Complete novice from the North Shore area looking for a club/range with 50-100 yard rifle range. I'm not interested in clubs for the sake of joining teams or matches. I'm simply looking to put in some time (when I have it) to practice and understand my rifles better.
Where on the north shore? I'm in Gloucester and Cape Ann Sportsman's Club is a good club. 24/7 indoor range and has a 100 yard rifle range.
Membership | Cape Ann Sportsmans Club

Andover is another great club. Mass Rifle in Woburn has a 200 yard rifle range if I recall.

I belong to MA Rifle in Woburn. 24/7 indoor range that allows you to shoot almost anything
The 25 yard Loeb Range is anything up to, but not including 50 BMG. No round limit, except Shotguns. Shotguns are load no more than 3 rounds and slugs only. No Black Powder either, I think. The Summa Range has 100 yard & 200 yard back stops, I believe it's load one round at a time. I'm only ever there at night so it's Loeb or Fazio Range's for me.

Country pond fish and game is in Newton nh just a few miles over the border.

25 50 and 100 yard outdoor ranges

Trap

Indoor range 24/7 up to 44 mag

Been a member for a long time now and am on the bod

Hassle free outdoor range......no range officer needs to be on duty like other clubs. Obey the safety rules and your good to go.

You can shoot your own steel targets as long as they are positioned to have bullets impact the berm (no ground targets)

Danvers is fudd headquarters for the state of mass.
Yep. I don't know how anyone (non-fudd) can be a member there. A member here on NES that I've dealt with buying/selling is a member at Danvers and said I should join. I'm like yeeeah that's a hard no.

Yep. I don't know how anyone (non-fudd) can be a member there. A member here on NES that I've dealt with buying/selling is a member at Danvers and said I should join. I'm like yeeeah that's a hard no.
In a little defense of Danvers....they do a good job with the youth Hunter programs. They run the youth mentor programs for duck, pheasant, and turkey. My son went to the pheasant and duck programs 3 years in a row when he was younger and we enjoyed every minute of it and he was successful every hunt even with duck.

Yes they are total fudds as far as range rules and access. But they do a great service with getting kids into hunting. I talked with the guy that runs the programs a few times and he said back in the 80s they had to run the hunts over 2 days because there were just so many kids taking part......upwards of 50 to 75 a year back then. When my son went a few years back there were 9 kids. So.....kudos to them for sticking with it and trying to keep the hunting spirit alive.

I'll give the membership at Danvers credit for volunteering their time to host the Basic Hunting Education class that my son and I attended a few years ago. It was well run. When the jack boot's came in for their segment they asked if anyone was required to be here. One fellow had to admit to the class that he was attending as a requirement for a weapon storage violation. I felt that was unnecessary to single this guy out as an example to everyone. Another time I was told that Danvers hosts pin shoots,.. and had to correct the gentleman that a steel plate in the shape of a bowling pin is not actually a bowling pin,.. it's just a steel plate. Most clubs post their range rules online and that's where one should start to evaluate a club they are considering to join. Danvers seems to consider their membership body as special needs in my opinion, but we can decide and choose for ourselves where we spend our money.
Sending someone to Hunter Ed is a penalty for a storage violation? Damn never knew that.

Andover Sportsman’s Club

Attachments

• 5C73817E-BCE8-40B2-8AE5-E555EF0B08DE.jpeg
    5C73817E-BCE8-40B2-8AE5-E555EF0B08DE.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 46
  • B4A4AFB9-0253-4F8F-A2B0-2EC43CDFE5C9.jpeg
    B4A4AFB9-0253-4F8F-A2B0-2EC43CDFE5C9.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 47
  • C036FAC5-E107-4590-8B47-0FC905D9BFA7.jpeg
    C036FAC5-E107-4590-8B47-0FC905D9BFA7.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 46
  • A811D12A-90EC-4236-BBD6-18520982BBD4.jpeg
    A811D12A-90EC-4236-BBD6-18520982BBD4.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 48
  • AC828B21-2162-4474-B40D-B5108D508D56.jpeg
    AC828B21-2162-4474-B40D-B5108D508D56.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 3530FC17-4757-4F33-B1A1-87279BD4AB56.jpeg
    3530FC17-4757-4F33-B1A1-87279BD4AB56.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 46
  • 2265A8C1-D802-4CB6-9B3D-AAB0EE7D287D.jpeg
    2265A8C1-D802-4CB6-9B3D-AAB0EE7D287D.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 48
I was looking into Cape Ann, I live in Danvers, but hear bad things about DF&G. My issue the requirements to join. I work nights and can't make it to the monthly meeting requirements. Anyone know if they have any accommodations for such issues?

Stay away from Danvers...it's infested with FUDD'S,Local Cop's and the Guards from the Middleton Jail. But others have said they have good programs for kids.

Cape Ann is the best bet...if you can make meetings fine if not it's been ok for me. Can shoot anytime of the day indoors without issues...out side Dawn to Dusk RO usally around on busy weekend days...late in the day no RO. They have a pretty good guest policy....10$ if your bring a guest...others can fact check me or add.

$10 for guests??
Oh man. I'd owe my clubs a ton of money.
I'm always bringing new people to get them into shooting.

Actually charging for guests is counter intuitive.. Don't they want to get people into shooting? Why discourage cheap members from bringing people?

Stay away from Danvers...it's infested with FUDD'S,Local Cop's and the Guards from the Middleton Jail. But others have said they have good programs for kids.

Cape Ann is the best bet...if you can make meetings fine if not it's been ok for me. Can shoot anytime of the day indoors without issues...out side Dawn to Dusk RO usally around on busy weekend days...late in the day no RO. They have a pretty good guest policy....10$ if your bring a guest...others can fact check me or add.

Do you know if there can be any accommodations to meet the requirements? I'm ok with missing a day of work, but not several. We have a horrible attendance policy.

Back
Top Bottom