• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Norton woman shot in deer hunting accident files suit - Charges coming?

Troopers are a "privileged class" and will never be charged for negligence like this (although I personally think criminal charges are justified . . . there should be a high price to pay for stupidity and negligence)!

Saw this on Fox this morning, the lady that got shot is suing the trooper and the property owner for giving the trooper permission to hunt on the property.

I don't have time to look it up right now, but I thought MA law specifically said that land owners cannot be held liable for hunting related claims as long as they aren't charging people to use their property.

Troopers are a "privileged class" and will never be charged for negligence like this (although I personally think criminal charges are justified . . . there should be a high price to pay for stupidity and negligence)!

And that is sorry to say par for the course in the fiefdom that is Ma. So glad every day I left that godforsaken place.

And that is sorry to say par for the course in the fiefdom that is Ma. So glad every day I left that godforsaken place.

When it comes to "privilege" like this, the problem exists in every state. It's not a MA thing (as much as I also hate this state)!

Soooooo what you are saying is only the MA LEOs are elitist *******s and all of the ones in NH are perfectly capable and always are held accountable? [bs2]

Soooooo what you are saying is only the MA LEOs are elitist *******s and all of the ones in NH are perfectly capable and always are held accountable? [bs2]
A lot more so than what I have seen here. Two or three cops have lost their jobs up here in the last several months. Look it up! That place is especially corrupt no doubt about it. I have seen it first hand and could tell you a few stories. That place sucks. Don't like my opinion, sorry!

And I recall a news story some ~40 years ago from Providence. A husband and wife were stopped for some MV infraction. The officer shot and killed the unarmed husband and when the wife yelled something like "where's my husband, what happened" the officer threatened to shoot her too. I don't think any criminal charges were ever filed in that case either.

There are bad actors everywhere and in general unjustified police shootings are covered up by whatever group is called in to do the investigation. This only changes when someone not involved has video and lets it go viral.

Back
Top Bottom