Nostalgic day at the range with my boy

whacko

NES Member
Good weather had me itching to hit the range today. The last two months my 17 year old son and I have been concentrating on shotgun skills in prep for our hare hunting trip last week. Trip went awesome.

Today I was looking for an excuse to go to the club. This morning after church my son said he had a bunch of homework.....but I was looking for some range time and was getting ready to head out to the club to shoot a couple pistols for about an hour by myself. I was just heading out the door.....and he yelled down to me.....hold up I'll come with you I need a break from the books. So....I went back in and asked what he wanted to bring to the club. He mentioned it's been about 2 years since we shot the 91-30.....which was the first bolt action I ever bought. One thing lead to another when we were packing and ended up bringing all the old guns we hadn't fired In ages. His single 10.....his first handgun......his Henry 22.....his first long gun.......the 91-30 and the m38 all got out of the safe today. We had a blast hitting steel plates at 100 yards like we did back when he was 11 years old. Have to admit I got a bit emotional after we cleaned them all up and I was stacking them all in the back of the safe. Might be awhile till we get all of them out there again.

Time flys people. Enjoy your kids while you can.

My 19 y/o is in Florida in the Disney program. Got her FID a couple months ago. Already told me when she comes home to visit she wants a range day. My 17 y/o graduates high school in June, she's ready as soon as the weather doesn't suck, and wants her FID also.

Thanks for the reminder

On the other end.....

I haven't hit the range with my father in a while .we used to go all the time.

After he had an incident that makes it difficult, makes it so he can't hit the range. I remember the old days when we'd go for hours on end blasting rounds blasting steel. Having a grand old time.

I have been shooting for as long as I can remember and I have many fond memories of my dad at the range, either the 300 yards behind his house or at one of the club matches. My son has been at most of those range days for the past 16 years or so. He has been shooting for as long as he can remember.
We were planning on going to the range today but to our luck the local theater was showing "They Shall Not Grow Old" so it was lunch and a matinee instead.

On the other end.....

I haven't hit the range with my father in a while .we used to go all the time.

After he had an incident that makes it difficult, makes it so he can't hit the range. I remember the old days when we'd go for hours on end blasting rounds blasting steel. Having a grand old time.

That reminds me or my Dad.
He had a stroke three days after we got back from a kick ass wild boar hunt.
He was paralyzed on his left side.
One day we were all over his house screwing around with pellet guns.
We said come on Dad lets get you set up.
We got him down to the picnic table and set him up with his walker for a rest.
He freaking outshot us all .
You could never count that man out.

Back
Top Bottom