• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Not good for Angle Tree

4 years to get this to court?
The gun club must have been spending some serious $$ to delay.

4 years to get this to court?
The gun club must have been spending some serious $$ to delay.

So who enforces the order? Can still shoot shotguns and rifles, no?!

Ted Oven. LOL

I'm betting the cost of hte settlement was less than the cost of "safety measures." A half-mile for a 45??? I guess. If it's fired by a howitzer. Quick calc on Hornady says it's a bullet drop of over 100' and ME of 33f#'s. LOL

You'd have a greater chance of falling on a Fusilli Jerry and getting it lodged in your bunghole through your slacks and boxers. One in a million chance, doc!

Last edited:
Going to court was brutal especially during Covid. I think I’m approaching four years on one of these. It’s the attorneys like to drag it out. I was ready to get a Ruling and then motherf***er attorney gave them an extension and I just got snowballing on and on. I said no more extensions and he did it two more times without my permission
So I fired the lawyer and the judge won’t let him leave the case.. I got a court date in a couple weeks. The only thing I might accomplish is getting this one lawyer of the case.. And then somehow I’m going to get six or eight months back billing when he was fired…

The lawyer basically said to the judge “we’ve come to appoint where we can’t work together anymore”

No no no .. You got fired for not doing your job.

If you let it go on forever these lawyers will drag it out for years upon years.

The lawyers also love to make deals…and not go to court. There is no deal to be had that’s why I’m in court.. I just wanna judges ruling.

With two emails I got a insurance company to pay out on the $60,000. The lawyers want to go to court for three years over it so they could bill me 45..

Last edited:
Ted Oven. LOL

I'm betting the cost of hte settlement was less than the cost of "safety measures." A half-mile for a 45??? I guess. If it's fired by a howitzer. Quick calc on Hornady says it's a bullet drop of over 100' and ME of 33f#'s. LOL

You'd have a greater chance of falling on a Fusilli Jerry and getting it lodged in your bunghole through your slacks and boxers. One in a million chance, doc!
Depends on the angle of fire and it's initial velocity. Calculator

If you're talking in a straight line (parallel to the ground and ignoring other factors like air, curvature, etc.), any bullet will hit the ground at the same time as a marble dropped from the same height as the muzzle weather it's a 45acp, .22lr, 50 BMG. How far it goes in that time frame is dependent on its initial velocity.

1000fps a half mile later, if it could even travel that far, would have so little velocity as to make it useless.

I'm thinkin that calculator HAS to be wrong. A bullet fired at 45 degrees at 1000fps will travel 5 MILES???? With a max height over 1.25 miles??? LOL. BC isn't even asked in that calculation. I could send a brick or a feather and it'll get the same result.

But I get it. It's my BELIEF that a bullet fired at the proper angle to even GET IT 1760 feet at a .14 BC - MIGHT break a window. And not much else. Velocity is down under 300fps and falling rapidly at that range.

Ted Oven. LOL

Makes no sense...love to see the bullet

1000fps a half mile later, if it could even travel that far, would have so little velocity as to make it useless.

I'm thinkin that calculator HAS to be wrong. A bullet fired at 45 degrees at 1000fps will travel 5 MILES???? With a max height over 1.25 miles??? LOL. BC isn't even asked in that calculation. I could send a brick or a feather and it'll get the same result.

But I get it. It's my BELIEF that a bullet fired at the proper angle to even GET IT 1760 feet at a .14 BC - MIGHT break a window. And not much else. Velocity is down under 300fps and falling rapidly at that range.
Science can be redefined… The pistol round is the biggest part of the fake news….

This didn’t happen it’s just a land dispute between neighbors. I plan to get paid for the next one.

No one could ever missed that bad with a pistol or travel that far

Winchester white box range ammo, 230gr, 835fps at the muzzle, angled up by 10 degrees has a theoretical max range of about 1600 yards, all things being perfect. The distance from club' shooting line (near as I can tell, never been there) to the middle of the street in question is about 766 yards.

If it’s that big of an issue they should take the same caliber bullet shoot it through the hole in the window at the same trajectory and hit the club..

That’s what I would do. I’m just joking

I also just want to add if it was my house I would go to the club and ask him just to pay for the window… Well it’s unlikely they don’t wanna pay out and admit any kind of guilt. I wouldn’t be trying to get them to admit anything I don’t give a f***

Same thing happened to us at Southborough Rod and Gun. Our outdoor range was shutdown for over a year and when in court judge sided with us. Rumor had it the whole thing was setup by private country club trying to get our acreage for another 18 holes. Result was we renovated the entire range but lost our 200 yd part. I asked the chief of police what he thought he said no comment. This will continue throughout Mass and other NE states as long as the libtards are around. Luckily we have devoted members who pitched in to do the renovation project.

Going to court was brutal especially during Covid. I think I’m approaching four years on one of these. It’s the attorneys like to drag it out. I was ready to get a Ruling and then motherf***er attorney gave them an extension and I just got snowballing on and on. I said no more extensions and he did it two more times without my permission
So I fired the lawyer and the judge won’t let him leave the case.. I got a court date in a couple weeks. The only thing I might accomplish is getting this one lawyer of the case.. And then somehow I’m going to get six or eight months back billing when he was fired…

The lawyer basically said to the judge “we’ve come to appoint where we can’t work together anymore”

If you let it go on forever these lawyers will drag it out for years upon years.

The lawyers also love to make deals…and not go to court. There is no deal to be had that’s why I’m in court.. I just wanna judges ruling.

With two emails I got a insurance company to pay out on the $60,000. The lawyers want to go to court for three years over it so they could bill me 45..

THIS 100%. Do not trust ANY lawyer - especially the one you are paying.

Same deal with me, ‘my’ lawyer approved an extension filed by the other lawyer without talking to me. The reason? The other lawyer said they couldn’t do meetings because of the weather in February. Shocking - it snowed in February.

Dammitall if I can't find that 15yo (20?) Afganistan woman holding a .223 cartridge saying it went into her house pic. LOL

EDIT - the pic is 15-20yo, not the woman. She looked 1006.

When you told the lawyer to not do something, did you put it in writing?

I feel like everything said to a lawyer needs to be followed up with an Email containing a recap of the meeting and highlighted with how you want him to proceed.

It is f*cked up that a lawyer would do that to you.

It is even more f*cked up a judge won't let him out of the case. WTF is that all about?

I would send an Email to he lawyer saying "as of date XX/XX/XXXX I no longer require your services" ... to avoid him billing you for more time.

Then I would get a new lawyer and show up with that guy. WTF is the judge going to do? Cry and say he doesn't want a new lawyer? ... f*ck you bro.

The justice system is so corrupt.

A bullet fired at 45 degrees will easily travel a half mile. That is only 880 yards.

I am not saying the bighorn isn't full of sh*t, but the .45, or a 9mm, or a 40 will easily make it that far.

A bullet fired at 45 degrees will easily travel a half mile. That is only 880 yards.

I am not saying the bighorn isn't full of sh*t, but the .45, or a 9mm, or a 40 will easily make it that far.
True, but forensics would determine angle of entry and energy at point of contact with the window.

True, but forensics would determine angle of entry and energy at point of contact with the window.
100%

I am not saying the claim is right. All I am saying is at that angle almost any bullet will make it.

Now, if there are trees that would prevent the bullet from striking the window, or if the angle the bullet hit the window is not 45 degrees, that is different.

So far every time I heard of a local club getting in trouble for BS like this, it turned out to be a lie.

I think it happened to Reading and they proved it was BS.

We all know it happened to Braintree (I believe more than once), and I think at least once it was BS.

I heard of another club as well but can't remember the name.

Isnt there one case where someone tried to use a brass casing to say that went through the window? [rofl]

Edit: I think someone told me about Westwood, I think someone tried to get them in trouble as well.

THIS 100%. Do not trust ANY lawyer - especially the one you are paying.

Same deal with me, ‘my’ lawyer approved an extension filed by the other lawyer without talking to me. The reason? The other lawyer said they couldn’t do meetings because of the weather in February. Shocking - it snowed in February.

That’s spot on. I think it was like the fourth extension after we said no more after the first one we approved for absolutely no reason. The deal was wed extend it and add something to the suit.

Our lawyer granted the first extension and then didn’t add what we wanted to add so we got nothing out of it.

The reason he really got fired is because he kept lying to us the extension that got him fired. We weren’t really negotiating to settle we were going to buy out the guy who sued us…

little rat bastard lawyer Runs and tells the judge that were “in negotiations” Then he turns around and tells us oh that’s not what happened it was a scheduling conflict… We have a court date. There’s no scheduling conflict unless he’s got something else to do. Basically we embarrass them in front of his boss by throwing them off the case..

“ Nobody fires their attorney at this point in a lawsuit”… What point? These guys went three years and literally have not progressed at all. I’m in the exact same spot as if I started the lawsuit today other than I’m out 40 grand

What really doesn’t help us is the guy who sued us is a lawyer so he’s just stalling us out using his lawyer buddies and paying nothing. And then he has the audacity to have a stroke and die.

When you told the lawyer to not do something, did you put it in writing?

I feel like everything said to a lawyer needs to be followed up with an Email containing a recap of the meeting and highlighted with how you want him to proceed.

It is f*cked up that a lawyer would do that to you.

It is even more f*cked up a judge won't let him out of the case. WTF is that all about?

I would send an Email to he lawyer saying "as of date XX/XX/XXXX I no longer require your services" ... to avoid him billing you for more time.

Then I would get a new lawyer and show up with that guy. WTF is the judge going to do? Cry and say he doesn't want a new lawyer? ... f*ck you bro.

The justice system is so corrupt.
It was in writing so many times that there will be no more extensions and he just kept doing it anyway..
They have no legal strategy except for the To bill us…
And “Let’s make a deal” … There is no deal!

He would think when you have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of lawyer bill is going on that they’d want to keep you as a client. All they wanna do is keep telling you.

We already have a second attorney on the case for like the last eight months.

The opposing attorney kept saying they need more time for discovery. Their entire lawsuit is based off the information we gave them..

There’s nothing to discover. Anything involved in this case is written on their f***ing deed.

It’s just lawyers being lawyers dragging us out out of spite on both sides. We’re definitely going to “win “ If you count spending $70,000 to have rights to something you already have rights to.

This new lawyers a piece of shit to

Back
Top Bottom