• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Not in ma

It’s slat wall, which I’m sure someone mentioned already. I bought some used and have it in my “Safe Space”, that’s a room with a safe in it! I also bought used shelves and hooks that work with said used slat wall, but I don’t hang guns on it.

It's not illegal, you would just need trigger locks, or put it in a lockable gun closet. A locked gun room perhaps. A locked room is functionally a big safe, no? Something like that.

I'd be more interested in lockable furniture with hidden gun compartment. Having guns not only unlocked, but openly visible to anyone who might want to steal them doesnt seem smart. What if a repairman has to make an unexpected visit, etc. I dont want them to see thousands of dollars of guns just sitting out.
Be careful getting NES into the "locked room = big safe" ... this was discussed a few times and there might even be a court case. I don't remember if it has its own thread, but it was discussed.

The short answer is NO.

Paging @Rob Boudrie

Be careful getting NES into the "locked room = big safe" ... this was discussed a few times and there might even be a court case. I don't remember if it has its own thread, but it was discussed.

The short answer is NO.

Paging @Rob Boudrie
The guy in lowell who had a room vault in his basement. And got railroaded by the Middlesex DA

The short answer is NO.

Paging @Rob Boudrie
lol I had a feeling as soon as I typed it. Building a gun room wouldnt be in my price range anyways lol

The guy in lowell who had a room vault in his basement. And got railroaded by the Middlesex DA
He's the one that built it into his house, then bought a second house and rented the first, but kept stuff locked in the the original house, right? I forgot about that one.

I was thinking of the guy that used the bathroom privacy lock on his bedroom and called that a vault.

As ridiculous as it sounds, if you throw a padlock on each one of those rifles and handguns, it complies with the safe storage law in Massachusetts.
Doesn't MFS do this with their guns in the hall? They're not mod walled, but aren't they just secured in a similar way?

I've actually thought of doing something like this for my Webleys, but nicer-looking, using trigger locks for compliance (and wisdom, since I've got small kids).

Plainly, having that thought made me an Innovator! Maybe someone should write an article.
Locking security glass wall cabinets.

Something like this:
Amazon product ASIN B00ALQWTYSView: https://www.amazon.com/Musket-Display-Cabinet-Protection-Lockable/dp/B00ALQWTYS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=7CCCZ4YNFNCK7WV3FWWR&linkCode=sl1&tag=pewpewtac-20&linkId=71edf2a738769d450e985403535ac5a8&th=1

but of a higher quality.

Back
Top Bottom