Not Legal For Sale in CT

CrackPot

NES Member
I got in a Walther PDP FS 4in Optic Ready Carry today with 10rd mags. It has a huge yellow sticker on the side of the box that says "Not Legal For Sale in CT". I am used to seeing that sticker for CA and MA, but this is the first time I have seen one for CT. I was not aware of restrictions on handguns in CT. Can someone satisfy my curiosity and explain why this gun is not legal to sell in CT?

The only restriction on handguns in CT is the AWB.

Based on a quick internet search the PDP FS4 appears to be a standard modern handgun with the magazine in the pistol grip and the barrel completely contained inside the slide.

On a firearm like this the only way for it to be illegal would be for it to have a threaded barrel, which would make it an assault weapon.

So unless its got a threaded barrel, I don't see a problem.
If you posted pics, even if it wasn't your actual gun, I could give a definitive answer.

Search on the word "threaded". Language inside [brackets] is removed from current statutes by this law.

Relevant text

(iv) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following: (this statement used to say TWO of the following: )

(I) An ability to accept a detachable ammunition magazine that attaches at some location outside of the pistol grip;

(II) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward pistol grip or silencer;

Last edited:
Relevant text

(iv) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following: (this statement used to say TWO of the following: )

(I) An ability to accept a detachable ammunition magazine that attaches at some location outside of the pistol grip;

(II) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward pistol grip or silencer;

It has a rail so I guess you could technically throw on a forward pistol grip but then you'd have some problems with the ATF too. Maybe Walther's lawyers were just being really cautious?

Back
Top Bottom