• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Not quite Milsurp, but

Those are very good prices if anyone is still thinking about it. I have a Bula barreled receiver that I am waiting to build out but am still collecting the other parts. Their quality is terrific and they are a super company to work with.

Ended up ordering a barreled traditional M14 receiver and bolt. Yes, they were actually great to work with. They apparently were pleasantly surprised by the big response to their sale.

Ended up ordering a barreled traditional M14 receiver and bolt. Yes, they were actually great to work with. They apparently were pleasantly surprised by the big response to their sale.

maybe they can come done a little more and get those rifles moving

You're looking at building a complete Bula XM21, forged, optic ready receiver, All USA made for around $1400.00 if you stick it in a USGI stock.

I think I'm talking myself into it [smile] maybe stick it in a Blackfeather chassis...

In my case, complete Bula traditional M14 in an original USGI stock that was refinished by LRB. But yeah, that's a smokin' deal any way you build it.

I just bought all USGI parts to finish my EBR about an hour before the Bula parts kits went up for sale on the M14 forum, but I got a brand new old stock TRW oprod (not a retab) out of the deal, so I still made out. Really wanted to go ALL Bula on the EBR, but I only ended up paying about $80 more for all USGI parts that I didn't have...minus a brake which I still have to get...so maybe $150 or so more than Bula.

$851 for Bula XM21 receiver #52 transferred to me at Pullman Arms (included gas to and from)
$325 for Mod 0 Sage Chassis from M14 forum and 5 screw upper handguard from GunBroker to accommodate my Medium weight barrel (have secret plans for the 6 screw top cover already though!)
$625 for USGI parts

Puts me at about $1801 for an EBR XM21 sans optic. I'd say I did pretty good, but my savings account feels like a Tijuana hooker on Seis de Mayo.

I just bought all USGI parts to finish my EBR about an hour before the Bula parts kits went up for sale on the M14 forum, but I got a brand new old stock TRW oprod (not a retab) out of the deal, so I still made out. Really wanted to go ALL Bula on the EBR, but I only ended up paying about $80 more for all USGI parts that I didn't have...minus a brake which I still have to get...so maybe $150 or so more than Bula.

$851 for Bula XM21 receiver #52 transferred to me at Pullman Arms (included gas to and from)
$325 for Mod 0 Sage Chassis from M14 forum and 5 screw upper handguard from GunBroker to accommodate my Medium weight barrel (have secret plans for the 6 screw top cover already though!)
$625 for USGI parts

Puts me at about $1801 for an EBR XM21 sans optic. I'd say I did pretty good, but my savings account feels like a Tijuana hooker on Seis de Mayo.

I wasn't planning on building out my barreled receiver until the winter, mostly so my bank account could restore itself. A trip to Tokyo next week isn't helping the cause either. I priced out an "all Bula" build but decided it would be too expensive relative to other vendors selling GI parts. Now it would be silly not to take advantage of the Bula deal : $795+20s/h / $695+20s/h put me at 1530, all that's needed is a stock, hardware kit and handguard. Does anyone have experience with the new production walnut stocks Fulton sells?

I wasn't planning on building out my barreled receiver until the winter, mostly so my bank account could restore itself. A trip to Tokyo next week isn't helping the cause either. I priced out an "all Bula" build but decided it would be too expensive relative to other vendors selling GI parts. Now it would be silly not to take advantage of the Bula deal : $795+20s/h / $695+20s/h put me at 1530, all that's needed is a stock, hardware kit and handguard. Does anyone have experience with the new production walnut stocks Fulton sells?

I,would call and ask them ....my gut tells me they are boyds.
If I could find buyers for my vintage/classic 22s . Unload some of this ammo and such I would jump,on the b a barreled receiver deal.

I,would call and ask them ....my gut tells me they are boyds.
If I could find buyers for my vintage/classic 22s . Unload some of this ammo and such I would jump,on the b a barreled receiver deal.

They are boyds

The "hand select" option is $179 + s/h; I think I'm going to gamble with the $94 option.

Anyone jump on this deal and receive parts yet?

I think they could have sent the barreled receiver to my FFL already, but I ordered the parts kit and asked to ship complete. They would not be shipping until after Perry, which wraps up this Tuesday.

I only need a rear sight elevation pinion and the front sight & base / brake to complete. Oh, need a handguard too.

I think they could have sent the barreled receiver to my FFL already, but I ordered the parts kit and asked to ship complete. They would not be shipping until after Perry, which wraps up this Tuesday.

I only need a rear sight elevation pinion and the front sight & base / brake to complete. Oh, need a handguard too.

Pam should send an email when the B/R ships. Mine hasn't yet.......

BTW, Fulton Armory sells neutered (no bayo lug) flash hiders.

Last edited:

I have 3 old school fiberglass handguards..... I forgot to give you one at the last match. If you want one try to remind me at the next match

Pam should send an email when the B/R ships. Mine hasn't yet.......

BTW, Fulton Armory sells neutered (no bayo lug) flash hiders.

But it's not a black killy rifle. [wink]

I have 3 old school fiberglass handguards..... I forgot to give you one at the last match. If you want one try to remind me at the next match

Awesome- thanks.

My B/R and Parts kit were both shipped yesterday; just received an email from Pam. Delivery tomorrow! Woot.

Mine ships today- parts kit with the barreled receiver. Not sure if I'll be able to pick up before I head overseas again. [crying]

he even has the slotted ones for when you go cyclic!

I also have an extra USGI handgaurd up for grabs but without the killy slots.

I'll try to think of extra parts I have in case you guys need anything. also, don't buy the 'spensive drill bit cleaners for the gas system...they are standard sizes and can be sourced for pennies on the dollar compared to what Sadlak is charging.

Also, CNC Warrior is SUPPOSED to be putting some cross brakes in 9/16"x24tpi ($31.99+ship) on the lathe soon(ish) if that's more up your alley, but I have the Smith Enterprises USCG brake ($65 including shipping) on my 'Crazy Whore' build and it seems to perform pretty well...just a little more pricey is all. Are we allowed to have standard flash hiders on these pigs...if they don't have a bayonet lug?

One thing about the M14 builds is the parts list really creeps up on you...before you know it you spent half your savings on parts, and then CMP releases Winchester Garands for sale and before you know it, you're selling your body on the street to fund your next build. I've seen it a thousand times.

Slippery slope...and just like Garands and Lays potato chips, you can't have just one.

Last edited:
I need an elevation pinion/knob assembly in case anyone has one for sale. I have the rest of a sight- the pinion was taken for my NM Garand build.

Slippery slope...and just like Garands and Lays potato chips, you can't have just one.

Don't get me started.

After a year of dithering, I finally put the CMP sticker on my car. Hoping for better days.

t

Good News...I should get my 1955 Pontiac back in the next week or so. Engine in, broken in, running. Tweaking restored carburetor, reinstalling A/C, transmission tweak, detail, then home. It's been 21 months.

Attachments

• IMG_3195.jpg
    IMG_3195.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN3394.jpg
    DSCN3394.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN3392.jpg
    DSCN3392.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back