• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Not quite Milsurp, but

im just prying i dont get a fiberglass stock. I can fix cracks in wood
I was thinking of putting a wood handguard on mine?

Last edited:
The wooden Hgs look awesome on the M14. IIRC, when Minelli sold their M14 stocks, they came with a wood HG.

If I get a fiber or to far gone wood I will replace with a Minelli , Boyd’s will no longer get my $.

kit came today quick look and i se no cracks in my wood, op rod looks reall good, other parts are still in the wrap

So we'll see this rifle at the next CMP Modern Military match? :D
highly dependent of Franco schedule and cost. I was going to do it myself but i would need a barrel bushing to fit the medium barrel , HS gauges and a reamer ... Even if i rent the reamer and buy the barrel vise/bushing im already into costfor tools to be around $250 . i dont think i will build any more M1a. I need to sell some more stuff to make some more spending cash. I might have some sealed hxp up soon.

i have a barrel vice and action wrench and .308 go/no-go/field gauges...just saying.
Im going to have franco get it done. I don't have the time or the room. I don't have the same freedoms at work anymore. Lost most of my workspace here at home to boot.

Im going to have franco get it done. I don't have the time or the room. I don't have the same freedoms at work anymore. Lost most of my workspace here at home to boot.

Is Franco currently at Camp Perry? I still need to get him to barrel and ream my 1917.

Youtube link not working...
have no idea they show right up on my screen ? Maybe its the whole google sucks now thing. I cant go or open lots of stuff with the old basic google browser. Chrome is a Fn night mare on my computer. Windows pro 7.
I need to run youtube on Firefox

For the 2 times a year i will shoot it 4 is plenty. Im in recovery mode now. I was saving up for gun cases to help with my storage problem

I decided to go with a dark stain on the birch stock. I did not try to get all the scratches out. I steamed out some of the deeper dents and dings but most of them can still be seen they are just a lot smoother.
minwax dark walnut

k4wHpQEl.jpg

Last edited:
went with a dark walnut stain. It would take a lot of work to get all the marks out. You can see where most of the dents where before steaming but they are pretty much level now
TENnz7k.jpg

H9cdaZsl.jpg

EqOxtf8l.jpg

Was hoping to beat the rain and get some good pictures out side. I will start the tung oil finish tomorrow? Might even use TruOil ?

Back
Top Bottom