NPR "poll" says Americans believe stopping "gun violence" is more important than gun rights

Bad news for them.

We have a constitution that protects god given rights.

We call this the rule of law.

If they want to take rights there is no longer rule of law.

No rule of law?

Cowabunga.

This is how we need to react to this shit going forward.

No.
No.
No.

View:

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/24/1177779153/poll-most-americans-say-curbing-gun-violence-is-more-important-than-gun-rights

Yet, no greater than 27% felt any of 6 different new gun restrictions would have a significant impact on gun violence in the US. Democrats alone didn’t break a majority for any restriction, including banning AR15s.

IMG_2196.jpeg

More Than Four in Ten Affected by Gun Violence

”41% of Americans say that they or someone they know has experienced gun violence. 59% have not. In June of 2022, 38% reported they have been personally impacted by gun violence.”

BS statistics. At ~70k Non-fatal & ~50k Fatal shootings, that anmounts to ~120k shootings per year. For 40% to know someone or have personally been impacted by gun violence, each would have to know about 7000 people. I’m sure some people are “impacted” by shootings on TV and TikToc.

Last edited:
BS statistics. At ~70k Non-fatal & ~50k Fatal shootings, that anmounts to ~120k shootings per year. For 40% to know someone or have personally been impacted by gun violence, each would have to know about 7000 people. I’m sure some people are “impacted” by shootings on TV and TikToc.
Your math tracks if you mean the effect happened in the past year. Over 20 years, how does it change? 50 years?

It also depends how we define "knowing someone." I had a reasonably close friend in college who was shot (and survived) going into a bar; surely that counts. I had a less-close friend in college who had been at Columbine on that fateful day; would she count?

Lol they are also probably including suicides as gun violence as well..... as if, somehow or another somebody shooting themselves is worse than them hanging themselves or something...

Lol they are also probably including suicides as gun violence as well..... as if, somehow or another somebody shooting themselves is worse than them hanging themselves or something...
100% you can't get to 50k per year without them. If we're playing with heartstrings, that's the lowest hanging fruit.

They're still going to tell you that (most of even all) suicide is impulsive. Anyone who believes that invalidates their position.

lol "National Panhandler Radio". Who the hell cares about them? It feels like it's run by liberal harvard elites. I never found their programming interesting to listen to.

Your math tracks if you mean the effect happened in the past year. Over 20 years, how does it change? 50 years?

It also depends how we define "knowing someone." I had a reasonably close friend in college who was shot (and survived) going into a bar; surely that counts. I had a less-close friend in college who had been at Columbine on that fateful day; would she count?

Point taken. I know OF some who have been shot over the decades, but the notion that 4 in 10 have connections (knowing someone/personally impacted) to gun violence suggests some level of significance that is overstated. With almost a million aggravated assaults and a half million rapes/sexual assaults yearly, those ‘knowing someone/personally impacted’ statistics must rise to more than 9 in 10.

Being shot, assaulted or raped is indeed traumatic. Having friends/family shot, assaulted or raped is shocking. Knowing of someone shot, assaulted or raped - call me jaded, but that’s our society and culture today.

My family was close with two other small town Iowa families in the 70s, where within one kid shot himself and another hung himself. Both were tragedies that were only whispered about. I think us kids all thought the shotgun was messier but no less tragic.

Point taken. I know OF some who have been shot over the decades, but the notion that 4 in 10 have connections (knowing someone/personally impacted) to gun violence suggests some level of significance that is overstated. With almost a million aggravated assaults and a half million rapes/sexual assaults yearly, knowing someone/personally impacted statistics must rise to more than 9 in 10.

Being shot, assaulted or raped is indeed traumatic. Having friends/family shot, assaulted or raped is shocking. Knowing of someone shot, assaulted or raped - call me jaded, but that’s our society and culture today.

My family was close with two other small town Iowa families in the 70s, wherein one kid shot himself and another hung himself. Both were tragedies that were only whispered about. I think us kids all thought the shotgun was messier but no less tragic.
I'm sure the numbers also skew by various demographics. E.g. everyone who grows up in Dorchester or Mattapan probably knows multiple people...

I'm sure the numbers also skew by various demographics. E.g. everyone who grows up in Dorchester or Mattapan probably knows multiple people...

For sure. The “small areas” mentioned below are neighborhoods like Dorchester & Mattapan. Except southern CA, where the “bad neighborhoods” go on for miles and miles.

“The worst 1% of counties (the worst 31 counties) have 21% of the population and 42% of the murders. The worst 2% of counties (62 counties) contain 31% of the population and 56% of the murders. The worst 5% of counties contain 47% of the population and account for 73% of murders. But even within those counties, the murders are very heavily concentrated in small areas,”

IMG_2198.jpeg

View:

View: https://www.npr.org/2023/05/24/1177779153/poll-most-americans-say-curbing-gun-violence-is-more-important-than-gun-rights

Yet, no greater than 27% felt any of 6 different new gun restrictions would have a significant impact on gun violence in the US. Democrats alone didn’t break a majority for any restriction, including banning AR15s.

View attachment 755845

More Than Four in Ten Affected by Gun Violence

”41% of Americans say that they or someone they know has experienced gun violence. 59% have not. In June of 2022, 38% reported they have been personally impacted by gun violence.”

Proof democrats are functionally retarded.

Back
Top Bottom